what compels people to...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
walk over hoses like this?? rather than walking around.
I need to totally block off stair cases where I have the hoses but even then they'd walk by it.
Long time ago I was cleaning a hallway entrance where it joined tile. I laid out drop sheets so people could walk on them rather than the cleaned carpet. People would walk "around" the drop sheets :oldrolleyes:

DSC_2803.jpg

FredC

Village Idiot
Your helper not decreasing the amount of hose you are dealing with?

(edit: that response was really just cause I needed to test...server issue)

Last edited:

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
if there is a way for them to go around .....then I take that wide masking tape and put a huge X on the door frame.....if there is not...then I keep my hoses all to the edges and straddle the yellow signs over the ones that have to cross over.....after that....there on there own.....

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Hoses in a public place scare the chit out of me, I hate when we have to do it. We have printed signs and tape them up everywhere on a commercial job. I can see someone tripping on purpose and suing me, hoses are such a liability on commercial work. :cry:

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
no helper, and I can't shorten the hose length as I need that same length for the next floor. I shortened up once and ended up about a foot short and had to really pull the hose to get that far corner.
I've run that "tripping" scenario through my mind MANY times. But what can you do? I can spend all my time wrapping hoses, making sure the path is clear "just in case", or put up enough signs and hope that there isn't someone THAT stupid. Plan for someone THAT stupid, and there will come along 'someone' who will make that person look smart!

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Nope nothing you can do but hope it doesn't happen. I have a file that has the Caution sign on it if anyone wants a copy just PM me your email address.

We print them on yellow cover stock and tape them up with painters tape.

CautionWetFloor.jpg

Reactions: Ron Werner

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom