What Do The Vets Think?

Name
Damon
I read this elsewhere earlier, but would like to hear what the veteran MB Trust thinks. Are any of you experiencing similar slow downs and/or apprehension of the future?

According to the new Cleanfax 2014 Benchmarking Survey Report, 60% of companies surveyed either significantly or somewhat decreased revenues in 2013, and 67.1% of the same companies expect significantly or somewhat decreased revenues in 2014.

The companies expecting increased revenues dropped a full 50% over 2013 numbers, from 18.6% being optimistic for gains down to 7.9% for 2014.

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
We are down yet even though we are swamped crazy..... but.....

It is all because of such a bad winter and spring we had. We had unusual cold all the way through the end of May, so our usually Spring cleaning rush (which would start in about March) never happened. :dejection: :oldrolleyes:

We still had ice on the lakes until about the end of May which is very unusual, and snow storms in May.....again unusual. :cry:

It's hard to make up for 3 months of usually great income! :evil:

The rest of the Summer and especially this Fall has just whooped us....:errf:

But we are going to go hard and keep trying to make up for 3 months of unexpected bad income due to the weather. :rockon:

We are hearing possibility of the same bad weather for this winter....I really hope not! :angry:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
After three years of sucking 2014 is finally an up year for us.

We are projecting 8-10% increase if the work holds steady through the end of the year. Could have been much better had February not been our worst month on record.

There just may be light at the end of the tunnel???? :winky:

Last edited by a moderator:
J

JS41035

Geez woulda been worse without global warming.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You're probably right, Shane.

I think if you interviewed those people a pattern would emerge. The 8% optimistic group would be the same group that learned a new skill or started a new service/advertising in the previous 12 months.

While the pessimists have done nothing but expect things to get better. Magically i suppose...

See we control this, when we learn new skills then we become excited about the future and all the possibilities.
Create a machine of confidence by learning something every month.

That and turn the news off, its too depressing...

Bryan S. Bennett

Supportive Member
Name
Central Steamer Professional Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning
This is what I call the reason for a long cold winter and a real slow slow Spring (quiet phone) but once it melted we've been busy ever since. I know things can change quickly but we will continue to clean while its there. This picture shows a buildup of 40 plus inches.
2014-02-18 16.30.53.jpg
2014-02-18 16.37.09.jpg

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
The cold is good for our business but the snow makes it difficult to get around in and risky for the drivers. I don't mind cold but hate the white stuff unless it happens on the weekend.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom