What do you credit your success to?

Mikey P

Administrator
What is the number one element that has made your company thrive?

My drive and ambition to get out there, knock on doors and take no prisoners day after day.

My anal retentive cleaning skills are so freaky that their afraid to call anyone else

My charming, lady killer, trust worthy personality wins them over every time.

The systems we have in place to produce a exceptional experience for our customers each and almost every time.

I owe it ALL to Howie or Joey.

I bought a existing biz and really never had to do squat.

My name is Mert and any reason to keep me away from my crabby trust fund wife for 8 hours a day is considered a success.

Or.....

Brad_Smith

Willing to do almost anything for cheap. I am not allowed to post on the red board. Now I gotta figure out how to get mo money.

The Preacher

George Smith
Kathy & Jenny Vedros (sisters)
Jim Rush
TOM ZURZOLO
Bill Yeadon
Jeff Bishop
Pete Consigli
Steve Swan
Gary Heacock
Jim Pemberton
John Downy
ICS mag
Cleanfax
CCS BBS
SFS

and this place here.

i read a ton an implement some. the top 4 people on the list are folks i worked for honing my skills, the others are folks i've sat under in classes or have their manuals to learn from.

I'd have to say that Tom Zurzolo in Atlanta taught me more in a few years than anyone else i've been around. I wish i'd never lost track of him, he was like a brother!!!

F

FB7777

success in marriage- the example of my parents

success in finances- my mother ... the woman somehow stretched a lower income budget and left us wanting for very little, other than a thirst to achieve a more comfortable level of financial security for my family

success in my community- through the example and encouragement of my coaches growing up which left me with the desire to carry the torch

PS none of you bitches get any of the credit :twisted:

hogjowl

Idiot™
A willingness to work hard, for long hours. A sound financial aptitude, and a very intelligent wife. And, good Christian values instilled in me by my parents.

truckmount girl

1800greenglides
Name
Lisa Smith
I don't consider myself successful, but I have eked out an existence due mainly to a stubborn streak as wide as my ass.

Take care,
Lisa

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the drive to not fail............put everything into it and don't look back no matter what.......

there is the mother- in- law option.......

or.....if that don't work there is always the option of rolling a land rover.....suing half the county....... and buying a big AT

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Read my response under "What did your father do......." thread.

I owe him everything.

RichardnTn

2 parents who loved me, disciplined me, and taught me basic moral principals and a wonderful wife who is willing to follow up now that my parents are gone...RR

Raedan

Success in life---My wife.
Success in business---(janitorial)Hard work and my anal retentive cleaning skills.
My success in carpet cleaning---- I'm not there yet but one person who has taught me more in the last couple of months then I could have possibly dreamed is Thomas Cermak. Thanks Buddy!!!!

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
Hard work ethic, long hours, great people to talk to and learn from. Jim Pemberton, Rob Lyon are great people to learn from.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Success?

I had a price shopper I didn't want to deal with call asking about prices to clean her apt. so she could get her deposit, so I just gave her a quote figuring it would get rid of her.

"Well, you got the job, you're the cheapest cleaner in town!"

Somebody please shoot me!

(Settle down lippold) ;)

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
In the early years it was "My charming, lady killer, trust worthy personality wins them over every time."

Once I realized that while I enjoyed the physical act of cleaning this "selfish enjoyment" was cutting seriously into my family time and future earning potential it became "The systems we have in place to produce a exceptional experience for your customers each and ALMOST every time."

Good check list, Mike.

Island Boy

PS I will say I agree with Lisa's "stubborn" answer. Much of my success was due to just stubbornly hanging on longer than my competition and being too stubborn (stupid?) to realize how miserable I was! Hard work and long hours didn't hurt either. All that being said this is still one of the best industries out there with incredible potential IF you do it right.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Forming relationships with groups in my area. Then I let them do the marketing for me. Has been a real lifesaver to building my business.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom