what do you do for your food needs?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Those of you that are on the truck everyday: what do you do for food thorough out the day?

Do you pack at home? Do you grab fast food everyday?

What do you take, if you're taking from home?

Obviously its cheaper to pack and take from home ...so how much do you spend on food items for work days?

Becker

Name
Becker
You should always try to bring something prepared from home.

If you rely on getting something while on the move, more than likely it is going to be completely unhealthy and the older ya get the easier it will be to pack on the pounds and create health concerns.

We are often in a hurry between jobs, that there promotes the food of choice to be fast food.

So, pack something the night before and your set. It is a win on your body and and win on your wallet.

TimM

Supportive Member
Name
Tim Magaw
Most of my jobs are close to my house (5-miles), so I just go home most afternoons to eat lunch.

adamh

Supportive Member
Name
Adam Hale
Becker is right. Fast food is easy and tastes great. However, it is terrible for your health. Packing something the night before is the best. But Carls Jr. really hits the spot some days..... :clap:

Reactions: Hoody

Jim Williams

Name
Jim Williams
I am a fast food junkie for the most part, but in an effort to save $$$$ this year and focus on becoming completely debt free by the end of 2013, I will be packing lots of balogna sandwiches and tater chips, and some cans of Campbells mac and cheese in the can. I have to keep my blood sugar up so I need carbs. Not diabetic, but I have low blood sugar. I would take some fruits and veggies but because of diverticulitis I can't eat much of that without getting a colon infection. Can't eat nuts and seeds either.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I normally won't eat til I'm done for the day(not recommended), but I work by myself.

I need to start bringing something with me.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

racebum

depending on what you get at subway it can be fairly healthy. same with the chicken bento places. i have a few of them scoped out in my area that all do grilled chicken and steamed rice. if i'm doing back to back jobs they make great pit stops.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I skip breakfast & lunch and then pig out at dinner.........a habit I'm trying to break this year. We have a mini fridge in our office and I've been bringing salads and sometimes soup. Big D will bring me Subway or Jimmy John's now and then but I try not to eat too much fast food.

The Holidays were hell here, someone was always bringing goodies. I gained 5-lbs over Nov-Dec. :frown:

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Excellent thread!

Eating gets in my way, so I have to actually remind myself to eat.

bowl of Frosted Flakes for breakfast w. sliced bananna and Had 5 slices of a large pizza at lunch. It ends up as jaw energy :biggrin:

Connor

Name
Connor
I am a fast food junkie for the most part, but in an effort to save $$$$ this year and focus on becoming completely debt free by the end of 2013, I will be packing lots of balogna sandwiches and tater chips, and some cans of Campbells mac and cheese in the can. I have to keep my blood sugar up so I need carbs. Not diabetic, but I have low blood sugar. I would take some fruits and veggies but because of diverticulitis I can't eat much of that without getting a colon infection. Can't eat nuts and seeds either.

Have you tried the GAPS diet?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
Met RX and chilled V8... I was 303 now 223 just finished fenway spartan race 11 minutes ahead of the field

Chris A

Name
Chris
I pack for all the reasons listed above. Maybe eat fast food once a month.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Alright...so all those that pack: what do you make? What are you packing? (no guns this time)

I want to see who eats what, to gather more ideas for myself.

mcatt

Name
Mike
I also pack lunch most days. Sometimes I will pick up a treat once a week or so

Chris A

Name
Chris
Alright...so all those that pack: what do you make? What are you packing? (no guns this time)

I want to see who eats what, to gather more ideas for myself.

Some type of sammich, alternate between ham turkey and salami as I get bored fast. Veggie straws or pringles. Carrots or peppers, apple and a couple turkey sticks.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
anonymous you douche bag.. I actually got hammered right after and watched a private screenong of lincoln in the cask and flagon ****er

Becker

Name
Becker
Good crunchy food, like carrots, variety of meat between slices of bread.
I cook about every night, so if the left overs are good cold then that works, like chicken, salads or like above. a lot of times I'm not more than 5-10 mins from the house, or going to be driving by so I can stop in and microwave.
I tend to skip more than I should.
Always have a bag of sunflower seeds in the van.

Just avoid the fast-food places, and just cuz it looks or seems healthy, or better than fast food, does not mean it is.

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
in also refused myn prize last year with evolution fitness after dropping 28 lbs last november

Athos

Name
Neil Ward
I used to eat fastfood twice a day 6 days a week. Last year the wife bought me a portable oven that plugs into the van's 12v. I use it heat up leftovers, burritos, chicken sandwiches, tamales etc. Breaks up the monotony of cold sandwiches and PBnJ's. Saved a couple grand in food costs over a year and lowered the cholesterol level. Neil

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Bunch a Big Ol Boys Ain'tcha

I got this at a Buck Thirty Five soakin wet w boots on, can still out eat most of yuns. Pet tape worm must be 25 miles long, lol

Name
jack zerkie
I might die this week I eat McDonalds Southern chicken 5 days a week but no worry if I make it to the end of Jan. I ,ll be 71 so thats okey.
They will just say and he was so healthy.jz,

Last edited:

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I eat out everyday and buy my helpers lunch but it's almost never fast food. Unless you call subway fast food. We do pizza hut buffet, golden corral, subway,Avanti's italian or health food places. I'm not crazy about veggies put I don't eat crap. I spend $20- $30+ on lunch every day. I eat cereal and fruit for breakfast and I feel like crap around 1 pm if I don't eat. I'm a working machine and I need fuel. Way to go Chavez. Keep it up.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom