What do you do on Saturdays?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
As a owner/operator I get to spend maybe .05% of my time working on the business and 95% in the business. This spring looks to be my first chance to actually get off the truck some. So when it's bttw like it has been for the past 2-3 weeks I will go to bed early Friday and get up bright and early Saturday and do some mail outs. This is what I got completed this Sat am. Family woke up about 2 hours ago and I fixed them egg, bacon and cheese sandwiches for breakfast.

Later going to do a little trail riding with my 10 year old.

We have showed a steady growth every year but when I can actually work on the business maybe 50% of time it will be interesting to see what happens. I just need to use that time wisely and not devote any more time to mb, like Richard! jk

photo-90.jpg

photo-93.jpg

Last edited:

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Trail riding is taking my son out to my father -in-laws farm and letting him ride his 85cc Kal while I ride along shadowing him on a four wheeler. He's a newby and we're working him up to bigger trails. One of my favorite trails was riding along a portion of the Hatfield/McCoy trails just south of Charleston WVa. I used to go riding up there often with my managers when I had a big Predator 500 kick ass 4-wheeler, it was a beast.

As to Mr. Bills growth I am simply referring to increased sales year after year, not anything worth bragging about for sure. I would say "real" growth to be with folks like Tom King I have seen his entire opporation and came away quite impressed and it "appears" Mr. Surdi is doing quite well for himself. Me, I'm just a little small fry in this great big cc world! I would say that we probably clean equals amounts of carpet as yourself but would be lucky to gross 1/2 of your sales due to a lower price base.

Last edited:

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
Well I got in a 40 mile ride today but on a Trek. Road ride not trail. Beautiful day in Indy.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
Today
I spent the day with my son cleaning rugs. We are getting ready for spring so we can get the Harley out. Heading out for Easter service at my church in a few moments.
View attachment 1815

T Monahan

Supportive Member
Name
Tom Monahan
Wow Tom, I never imagined you for a Squid..

Nice R1!

Thanks! There are many things you likely cannot imagine. Here is another way to spend an afternoon:

AGT500_zpsa32651ee.jpg

I do more than wash rugs and make rug washing equipment. However, I do like things that can spin....

Have a safe weekend!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I cleaned a tile and grout job this morning until 10 AM and then worked in the office until 1PM. I put the new move in people into SM and then sent them a postcard.

I work most every saturday.

My business is my hobby ... and I like it that way.

curt johnson

Name
Curt Johnson
Dirk, did you give her a back rub while watching NASCAR?

I did a carpet/tile/upholstery job, took 3 hours. then spent 3 hours in gym watching my oldest son play club basketball.....

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Ya, I never intended on doing vct....but so many were calling me cuz they looked up "tile cleaning" on the web and ended up calling me. Figured I was leaving too much money on the table. Price it right and all is good!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I can't get them to stop calling me, because the only other people doing it are the part-time school janitors. They're super cheap, and super sloppy.

davegillfishing

Supportive Member
Name
dave gill
Good for you. It is mandatory in my opinion for you to spend time with your family.

Our passion is fishing. Beach, boat or pond. Doesn't matter. We fish tournaments and just to chill.

Nothing more important than getting off that truck and into your family.

It took me 6 years of days, nights and weekends to get everything running so I can take 3-4 days off a week if I want too. We are growing really fast so I don't but I do take a few days a week to Michel.

Keep up the great work!!

hogjowl

Idiot™
I spent those years. Every weekend traveling to travel baseball and/or competitive dance tournaments. Spending $800 a weekend on food, gas and hotel bills. How I did all that out of this nickle and dime business is amazing to me still.

Now, it's just me and the wife. So, I can work all the time and enjoy myself.

She spends summers in Gulf Shores. I stay home and work.

I call her once a week and tell her how much I miss being there ...

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
was working all day, after a slow spring it was good exercise and such a gorgeous day!
No real plans for any Sat, whatever comes up, sometimes out with the chainsaw to cut wood, or yard work.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I spend the evenings, during the week, doing yard and garden work, since it doesn't get dark until a little after 8 PM here, in the summer. I have a garden every year, because I was raised on home grown vegetables and hate store bought stuff. So that takes up my spare time that you guys would be using for other things. My oldest daughter ( with a husband and 4 kids) came over this winter and took a chunk of my storage and made me run out of stuff by late February!

So, I had to double my garden this year.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
My son is 22 months, so Saturday's if not working, I try to take him out for lunch and share a milk shake.

After lunch I'm hopefully sleeping from 1:30pm to 3:30(his nap time)!

Name
BradFenstermaker
Family time. Win my biz was born weekend work wasn't in the biz plan. Prob worked 2 sats in 9 yrs. I was a weekend warrior prior to self employment. We camp with the Travel Trailer weather permitting.

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I try not to work Saturdays. Probably haven't worked 20 in ten years. I got a felling that's going to change for a while. When not working in the summer it's yard work and garden. Try to go fishing or shooting. Gonna hit a drag race this year if I haveta go missing. I plan on expanding the garden this year too Marty. I have got to meet you some day.

Back
Top Bottom