What do you do that your competitors dont?

Mikey P

Administrator
and are you 100% sure they don't?

and are your techs really doing "it"?

taking home the Tweener for Bacardi spiked popsicles does not count Mr Harper. would the real rob allen please stand up? eat shit!

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Did I mention....That it rained all day yesterday.... LIKE!

downsized_0723121823.jpg

A

ash_d

I have two office managers in my company that do 2 -3 spot checks on techs each week. This is their checklist:

SPOT CHECK REPORT

TECH: CUSTOMER:
HELPER: DATE:

DOOR HANGERS HUNG Y N

BACK DOOR TO VAN CLOSED Y N

DOORGUARD UP Y N

ALL TECHNICIANS WEARING TIDYTRAX OR BOOT SLIPS Y N

WALL BUDDIES ON Y N

NO HOSE LEAKS Y N

CARPET VACUMED Y N

SPOT KIT BROUGHT INTO HOME Y N

FURNITURE MOVED Y N

NO ONE ON THE PHONE Y N

SPOTTER BOTTLE LEFT Y N

HOSE WRAPS Y N

NOTES:______________________________________________

MANAGER:

sorry for the bad format, I just ripped it out of my companies google drive. That report is basically a spot check that anyone from the office can do... there is no BS that can be added to the equation, either they have that stuff setup or not.

We also call every customer a few days later with the following quetions:

YES YES EVERYTHING LOOKS GOOD/TECHNICIAN VERY NICE AND FAST YES

The first yes is if they were on time, the 2nd is if the customer was satisfied the third is notes .... Interestingly, even though the customer was happy, this was flagged in our report since it was mentioned that the technician was fast. We also noticed (with that tech) that he had a few other jobs that they mentioned he was fast. So of course, we address that with the tech. The final yes was if the tech did a walk-through, we STRONGLY enforce all our techs do a post clean walkthrough especially if their is a stain that did not come out so that the tech can explain why.

Another thing we learned is that you never just ask the customer if they were just happy... If anyone here has taken a class based on DISC or just has any familiarity with passive/passive aggressive types or has just been working with people long enough, you know that they never tell you the little things. So instead of just asking how the tech did, we ask "is there anything we could have done better" .. this forces the customer to not only think about what could have been better but also gives them an "out" to discuss what they didnt like about our service. To that extent we get comments like : "everything was wonderful but they did not move the lamp in bedroom" ... That one inquiry led us to find out that tech was not moving many of the items we tell customers on the phone (and on our website) that we move.

To be honest, (at the risk of sounding egotistical) I'm not really sure what my competition does at this moment. But I do know that my techs are doing what we ask via customer surveys and spot checks and so long as I know that we are doing our job to the best of our known ability, I'm not going to worry to much about the other guy.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Love the checklist, you can also ask "Is there anything we can do differently next time?"
Great stuff

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
vacuum LIKE!
I only know of one other guy that does the same, and Bob. Other than that, the rest of my competitor's think I'm nuts, just like most of y'all KMA!

Not many guys around here leave booties either

Bringing in a laptop and printer for doing quotes

steve r

oh and im pretty sure no one else will because i have so many customers that have told me no one else would do that for them.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Is it Werner or YoaCUM..."That bathes their small cHilDrEn"... :?:

I can't remember.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I know bAwB used to offer a................ "PLaTiUm pAcKaGe." :idea:
Where HE would sort the pAnTy drawer...into whites...colors...& prints... hey now eat shit!

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Ron Werner said:
vacuum LIKE!
I only know of one other guy that does the same, and Bob. Other than that, the rest of my competitor's think I'm nuts, just like most of y'all KMA!

Not many guys around here leave booties either

Bringing in a laptop and printer for doing quotes
Yep, you're nuts.

steve r

Royal Man said:
You have a $50 minimum?

I can't do less than $100.

they are usually less than 5 miles and they usually pay cash. im all electric also. these jobs usually take less than half an hour.
often times it turnes into a lot more once i get there or they have me back to do the rest once they see what i can do.
i clean 1 bedroom apartments for that too and i have 9 complexes. but of course i charge extra for stains and odors and such.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I only know of one other guy that does the same, and Bob. Other than that, the rest of my competitor's think I'm nuts, just like most of y'all
Not nuts. You're a sharp guy Ron, just OCD, but it's your way, so it's cool! LIKE!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: What do you do that your competitors dont?

Royal Man said:
With a 2 man crew I can't go that low and my wife would kill me.
Why not if u are almost twice as productive with 2? We have all 2 person crews as well. My point isn't whether you should or shouldn't just pointing out it is a choice.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom