what do you do when a customer lies to you?

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
This is why he needs to charge more to clean dity/stained carpets:

Carpet Cleaning 3 Rooms + Hall $89

Carpet Cleaning 3 Rooms + Stairs $105

Carpet Cleaning Whole House Special 1 story $129, 2 story $209

Carpet Cleaning 4 rooms + Hall $109

Duct Cleaning 1 Story Home $249, 2 Story Home $349

Furniture Cleaning Sofa & Loveseat $99

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
ACE said:
This is why he needs to charge more to clean dity/stained carpets:

Carpet Cleaning 3 Rooms + Hall $89

Carpet Cleaning 3 Rooms + Stairs $105

Carpet Cleaning Whole House Special 1 story $129, 2 story $209

Carpet Cleaning 4 rooms + Hall $109

Duct Cleaning 1 Story Home $249, 2 Story Home $349

Furniture Cleaning Sofa & Loveseat $99

We are at about those prices and part of our marketing is "no extra Charges". We can all choose to clean at whatever price points we choose and can all be either profitable or not depending on so many factors besides the price we charge.

joeynbgky

Supportive Member
Name
Joey
If you used a good prespray everything even tea would come out with no scrubbing........I disagree with your ways.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

S

sam miller

x2 Xtreme.

Base price for cleaning pre vac prespot scrub and rinse is one thing, Most customers realize red stains, pet stains, odor control, carpet protector! These thing cost's more.

If you have to OSR and subsurface extract urine thats an extra.

unless Your getting .50 cents plus a square foot doing a 1000 sq ft for $500.00. Then including everything seems right!

If You want a cheap alternative to USR get coffee stain remover from masterblend. Metabisulfite it stinks but will strip lots of stain on sythetics.

http://prolinesupply.com/cart/coffee-st ... p-293.html

Magic One

tell them they where warned of the possible problems and quafiied the job the job and declined. Extra chemicls are getting expensive. Usually they will undertand.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
joeynbgky said:
If you used a good prespray everything even tea would come out with no scrubbing........I disagree with your ways.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk
I would definitely like to know what prespray you use that gets everything out with no problems. Care to share cuz that has to be some awesome stuff.

hogjowl

Idiot™
Man ... I am WAAAY to slow cleaning furniture to be able to clean a sofa and a love seat for $99. It would take me a good hour and a half, or more, to clean a full sofa (all surfaces) and love seat. Are you guys dual wanding these or do I need to learn how to speed up?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Marty said:
Man ... I am WAAAY to slow cleaning furniture to be able to clean a sofa and a love seat for $99. It would take me a good hour and a half, or more, to clean a full sofa (all surfaces) and love seat. Are you guys dual wanding these or do I need to learn how to speed up?
I would say.speed up. A good internal spray tool helps a lot.

steve g

Name
steve garrett
rhino1 said:
Had 2 customers in the last two days who were offered upgraded treatments to solve the special issues they had with their carpets and declined. Expectations were gone over and their pre-inspections were noted. In one case the customer even stated she was moving out and didn't really even care what it looked like. When the carpets didn't come out perfect because they chose not to pay the $13 extra it would have cost to eliminate their problems they decided it was our fault. One even claimed we didn't prespray traffic lanes. She didn't know I had actually been on the job when the tech had cleaned it so I knew for a fact it had been done. Another customer claimed we had caused a spot until her 6 yr old piped up and said"mommy you know thats where we spilled the tea". What do you say to these people who will just lie straight to your face and try to get everything done for nothing? Personally I have no use for them and I.will call them out on it when pushed too far, but is there a graceful way to deal with these lying conniving bags of wind?

last summer I had a lady call me a month after we were done on a water loss complaining about an odor. I went out and sure there was an odor. got looking around and found damp carpet. pulled up the edges and the pad was soaked. I pointed this out to the lady, and told here we would have to pull up everything again and it would cost such and such amount. she then tells me we didn't dry it out right and left it wet. didn't matter that it was new pad we put in. walked around the house and you could see where there had been a waterfall of rain water cascading off the hill behind their house. I also pointed out that the guy who did some paver work in the back of the house made it such that there a low spot everything drained to right against the house. oh I forgot before I got looking around she said by us moving furniture in the living room it caused the carpet to wrinkle and we had to fix it. then when we settle up on the bill she told me she paid $50 bucks to have guys move furniture before our first arrival and when we got paid that should be credited back to her. I said ok but when the time came to settle up she now claimed it was $100 and that was the credit she should get back. oh well should have known better on here car was a sticker saying "people of faith for obama"

G

greentech

rhino1 said:
Do you clean rat nasty pee stained carpet for the same price as lightly soiled carpet?

Yeah, I do. Everyone gets the same treatment. Pre-vac, quality pre-spray - booster - deodorizer, agitation, dwell time, HWE - wand or rotary, post groom.

Is there any other way to clean a carpet?

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
rhino1 said:
because they chose not to pay the $13 extra it would have cost to eliminate their problems

You are really so hard up for upsells that you wont fix something because the customer wont pay an extra $13? Really?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Whose carpet is it? If a customer places so little value on their carpet that they aren't willing to pay for boosters and stain removers in addition to the time it takes to customize a service, why is it my place to eat those costs?

Our basic cleaning includes a very good prespray, I would say better than what most use. We also pretreat any spots and include a basic deodorizer. All of that is done at a price that is below what most charge just for cleaning with water.

Rather than raising prices on everyone, most of whom the basic services are more than adequate, we charge a bit more for those that need a bit more.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
greentech said:
rhino1 said:
Do you clean rat nasty pee stained carpet for the same price as lightly soiled carpet?

Yeah, I do. Everyone gets the same treatment. Pre-vac, quality pre-spray - booster - deodorizer, agitation, dwell time, HWE - wand or rotary, post groom.

Is there any other way to clean a carpet?

If everyone gets the same treatment for the same price then why do you need to give in home estimates to assess your customers needs?

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
kingjoelking said:
rhino1 said:
because they chose not to pay the $13 extra it would have cost to eliminate their problems

You are really so hard up for upsells that you wont fix something because the customer wont pay an extra $13? Really?
You do include protector with your cleaning at no charge, right. You seem to place a lot of value on it so I assume its free.

KeithCo

Name
Keith Collins
Just like the song from "The Facts of Life" You take the good you take the bad.

I always thought Jo was the hottest on that show, but Jo and Blair together would have really done the trick.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
rhino1 said:
Marty said:
I would say.speed up. A good internal spray tool helps a lot.

Charging more makes more sense then speeding up.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
rhino1 said:
kingjoelking said:
rhino1 said:

You do include protector with your cleaning at no charge, right. You seem to place a lot of value on it so I assume its free.

I was unaware that protector cleans carpets. Except for the Vacaway product for padcappers.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I like efficiency. And providing same day service. Call me crazy....

Protector may not clean carpets but if its so important to have it then it should be included also. Oh, but you need to have something to upsell.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
rhino1 said:

Protector may not clean carpets but if its so important to have it then it should be included also. Oh, but you need to have something to upsell.

Why do I need to upsell anything? If I charge a good price in the first place I really dont care if they buy an upsell. And I dont care if I need to provide a service that normally I would charge for but this customer cant/dosnt want to afford it.

I just did a tile cleaning deal. that was good for up to 1000 sf. one of the customers was going to strategically pick what tile got cleaned because they had about 1400 sf. I cleaned the extra 400 sf because it would have looked bad if I didnt. Customers happy. I spent an extra 45 minutes on the job but I charged a good price for the other 1000 sf so I dont care if I didnt get the upsell as long as the job looks right when I am done.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
Congratulations. I bet you'll get lots of referrals to people who think you'll do a third of the work for free.

Name
Lee Stockwell
rhino1 said:
Congratulations. I bet you'll get lots of referrals to people who think you'll do a third of the work for free.

You perhaps missed the point. He made a cheerleader, as well as good money.

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
How do you know how much $ was made? You don't know she is going to be a cheerleader either. All you know is he cleaned 400 ft of tile for free.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
rhino1 said:

But my 1/3 of the work for free I still made more then you would have.

For instance. I charge $100 to clean a loveseat. I charge $125 to clean a Sofa. I can clean the Ottoman for free and still make 120% more then you did. And the customer will be happy that they paid me $225 because I threw the Ottoman in for free. While your is annoyed because you tried to get them to buy deodorizer for another $5 and protector for anther $13

rhino1

Name
Chris Bolin
I care not what you do. I am only annoyed because your website has several spelling errors and bad grammar irritates me.

Name
I'm Rick James
rhino1 said:

I now include protector in with my standard carpet cleaning service. If the factory puts it on, then so should we.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom