what do you do when a customer lies to you?

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
I think the line and the point is being blurred.

My problem was you are there to clean the carpets and you said they had an issue with the appearance, well then I consider it your issue. All this other crap about 1400 sq ft for only 1000 sq ft is ridiculous, I say the same thing to that guy as I do you. Charge appropriately and get the job done you marked your price up 40% on the 1,000 sq ft and scheister the customer into thinking they got a deal you are more likely to get more referals with charging the right price because the customer will tell their friends it was $1 a sq ft rather than $1.40 they will remember the price, they won't remember the sq ft you did free. That will get smaller and smaller as the time goes on.

It isn't that difficult to make carpets look awesome, I do it EVERYDAY.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
XTREME1 said:
I think the line and the point is being blurred.

My problem was you are there to clean the carpets and you said they had an issue with the appearance, well then I consider it your issue.

It isn't that difficult to make carpets look awesome, I do it EVERYDAY.

Well said. That was the point I was trying to make. If you charge right for your services you dont feel taken advantage of to do the job right, instead of being mad that they didnt think they needed the upsell so you leave the carpet looking bad. You also wont hurt to throw a bit in extra.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
But there ARE Xtreme situations.

Oh, and there ARE other ways to clean. Just sayin.

And those other ways to clean make the variables in pricing much more in my favor.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Cole seems to be rubbing off around here.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Tapatalk

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I know this is a little bit of an old thread but I have been out of the country for a couple weeks. I know you guys enjoyed the break from me and I am sorry it is over.

Anyways you have two options. first charge more or keep getting customers upset when things don't come out.

Two customers so close together should throw up red flags. My policy is that if a customer complains then there are at least 5 out there that didn't. Most customer don't complain that is why I take every complaint very seriously and look at my process to make sure I don't have a fundamental problem. Two complaints that close together would seriously get me thinking.

Pre-sprays that get coffee out: There are several powdered pre-sprays that will remove coffee unless it is very very old. Look for pre-sprays with powdered brightners in them. Magic wand has one, cobbs powermax is another and I believe CTI makes them also.

On stains we include them in the price. Most stains can be removed with hydrogen peroxide and amonia. Costs only $6.50 a gallon to make. Even at a quart per house that is only $1.60 per house. Let the customer know that you normally charge extra for it, make a cheerleader out of her. Small cost for the positive referals you will get. At your prices you really should be getting tons of referals.

I make many gramical and spilling errurs and again I upologise.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
It is for this reason I have chose to give the customer one price to get it clean. I do up sell on pet jobs where extra work like pad replacement and water claw comes into play. If it was only 13 bucks to remedy the probley why not just include it in the bid

Ross Buettner

Name
Ross Buettner
I scrolled down 1/2 way after reading this. I hate to come off blundt.... but...

Carpet........ Cleaning.

Not, carpet-we-can-maybe-get-this-out-for-more-money-cleaning. Carpet Cleaning!

People don't want to goof around. They want it clean, and they want it done cheap. Period.

IMO go back to basics and offer your services for more. This isn't Ala Carte stuff.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom