What do you do...

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Other than cleaning services?

Do you have part time (or full time) work besides being CCer etc?

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Couple rental properties own outright, investor in 3 REIT's, Board Member of a manufacturing company, volunteer and supporter of a couple animal rescue/ animal care groups, read 1-2 books a week, play racquetball 1-2 times a week if possible, spend too much time on MB, watch food network, history channel & science channel.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Gary Taylor

Managing my rental properties. Chamber of Commerce stuff, eating breakfast at the counter with a bunch of guys every morning. Learn a lot from them.

Charlie Lyman

Supportive Member
Name
Charlie Lyman
I used to work a part time job when I first started. I was able to quit that, and I loved the day I gave my notice. Now I'm full time CC'er. (I'll do odds and ends here and there.)

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Even if you don't do anything other than CCing....What Other "side businesses" work will with CCing?

Things like

• Trash Hauling

• Pool Cleaning

• painting

• Prop Mgmt

Really there are a ton of other companies you can Network with.....And therefore you can do that business on the side or even full time aside from CCing.

I'm just thinking that some CCers may not be making the grade lately with the economy and there is always something else to take up the slack with the extra time.

Yes, you can always market your CCing business more...But if people aren't buying...They aren't buying.

Groupons etc help with this....But many are against it.

I'll look back at all my "Power Partners" in my old leads groups to see what I might be able to to myself.

Not necessarily working for another company...But just something I could start up to supplement my income.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
If a carpet cleaner is not making the grade they need to look only one way- at themself. The economy is a help not a hindrance no matter what prive point type cleaner they are.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I can agree with that.....But if "themselves" aren't doing so hot...They should do something to bring in more income.

Whether it be altervative marketing or altervative business....Something.

It's not so easy to just jump out of a bad marketing program and into acquiring more customers if that's where you're at now...That will take a while unless they have deeper pockets than usual....But the situation would suggest not.

Adding on to your company something to offer your customers that you ARE getting...Could prove to be a life saver.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
Brian,

Honest question, because I wonder this constantly, and just have to ask. If you put all of your focus into your business(es) that are only cleaning related - meaning the different locations... do you think you would be able to make more or less than your other business ventures and why?

F

FB7777

Ken Snow said:
If a carpet cleaner is not making the grade they need to look only one way- at themself. The economy is a help not a hindrance no matter what prive point type cleaner they are.

X2

I think Brian is searching for the select few biz ideas that will net him the most return with the least effort.

Only thing wrong with that IMO is you don't maximize the return on your primary venture

Its easier for me to boost my sales in carpet cleaning thus my net return than directing my efforts to other things like Visalus ACN, pay mybills.com etc

When are you gonna strike out on your own Hoody?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Hoody said:
Brian,

Honest question, because I wonder this constantly, and just have to ask. If you put all of your focus into your business(es) that are only cleaning related - meaning the different locations... do you think you would be able to make more or less than your other business ventures and why?

I would probably make more money right away just working my cleaning companies. The idea is to get other income streams coming in while my carpet cleaning companies run a bit on autopilot.

Like the Network....Other than some updates etc...It runs on it's own right now.

Visalus has some monthly money money coming in..but I really only did that for health...Just wanted my product for free etc.

ACN is a big opportunity to make some real money....Plus just get paid back on my own bills to save money. HUGE benefit to my company

My Mini Franchises are running well and take a bit more time than my Network....So it's a little more expensive etc.

As these things get/got rolling, I focus back on mu own carpet cleaning companies to keep them going as well.

Hard to explain but those extra income streams really add to my bottom line...No matter how much my cleaning companies are making.

Does that make some sense?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Fred Boyle said:
I think Brian is searching for the select few biz ideas that will net him the most return with the least effort.

Only thing wrong with that IMO is you don't maximize the return on your primary venture

Its easier for me to boost my sales in carpet cleaning thus my net return than directing my efforts to other things like Visalus ACN, pay mybills.com etc

You're partly right.

The reason I do the other ventures is for the residual income. Once the ball gets rolling...The momentum keeps it rolling....Without very much effort on my part. The last year or so has been good for that.

I work like hell at first to get it going, then I go back to my primary stuff.

So while I'm working on my primary stuff, I have a few nice checks that show up...and keep showing up. Yes, I have to go tweak those every once in a while but the time and effort are very minimal compared to what it takes to get them going.

So that little time away from the primary isn't really effected...by my slight absence.....And to be completely honest....I don't let those go on without my attention either. I have to pay attention to everything.

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
It makes sense, and I get the residual income thing. I've just wondered if you've ever done the numbers to figure out which is going to give you a better net gain. But if you're happy with how things are going on auto pilot so you can build the others I guess that is what matters right? I've just watched people in business try to do too many things and their bread and butter ends up suffering and the other ventures don't make up for it.

On the flip side...

In this industry I've watched so many companies diversify to other services and put their main services(carpet, uph, tile) on the back burner. But this trend is good for companies like yours, while others are trying to get the high dollar on restoration you can capitalize, and gain some market share. Even though they're pocketing good money with restoration, it'll come back to bite them in the arse. Many get too big too quickly, and when their accounts receivable gets drawn out 15-30 days waiting for insurance to pay they'll go under. They don't have lines of credit to borrow from only relying on cash flow, and the work usually comes before they can take advantage of the Section 179 on their taxes to "recoup" and offset their tax responsibility.

My point is to make sure you see this trend as well, and are able to take advantage of it, and not let your other ventures to distract you too much to where you're missing out on easy net gains.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Damn, you're a smart cookie Hoodie.

The entire point of what I'm doing...I think you stated already....Is to have maximum gain with little ongoing effort.

Carpet Cleaning takes effort to run....And I'm OK with that. The fact that it takes constant effort means that it will ALWAYS take my attention to create that effort.

Having other things going on behind the scenes that create that residual income with minimal effort means if I get hurt....Or worse...That money will keep coming in....Even if only for a while.

Most carpet cleaners (no offense to anyone)...When you get hurt and the work stops....So does the income.

Yes, at the age of 40......It concerns me.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I think the moral of this story is no matter what you're doing or what you do....Go out and create some kind of residual income.

It's one of the great wealth principles and we should all be thinking about it.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom