What do you guys charge per sqft commercial

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
Hi guys,
I just got asked to bid on doing just the hallways and stairs for a three story office building. 1875 sqft total and 66 steps. Not in horrible shape. I'm not doing a whole lot of commercial work and I want to make sure that my price is somewhat in line what is typically charged.
Can you give me a ballpark figure? The guy who owns the building has others so I really want to get this first one.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Roxy,

That many stairs is what killing them! The stairs alone would cost 198. Is it just tops or risers also carpet?

Do you plan to encap or steam clean?

gimmeagig

Name
Roxy
? you're just too chatty Lee :)
But seriously, given that I'm in North Idaho and not in Silicon Valley what would be a fair price per sqft and per step on a office building? I don't do enough commercial to have a good feel for where i should be. I want to make sure I'm not doing a race to the bottom( too many of those guys out there already but I'm also not trying to squeeze every last dollar out of the job.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
You're thinking of it wrong, sqr ft $$ is a communication tool and not an analytical one.

What you need to know is how may hours will this take X how much $$ per hour you want to be at.
What sqr ft $$ that transfers into is meaningless, the important part is are you hitting your profit target.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom