What do you think of my website?

Mikey P

Administrator
I see nothing about you or your employees

The colors and lay out are nice but zero personality shines through.

You need a blog as well.

Get to work, the Cermaks can set it up but it's up to you to fill it with good content.

dealtimeman

Everyday is Saturday.
Name
Michael
Is it important for my info to be on there even if I will not be the one cleaning?

Next I will be getting a 1800 number and signing up with full circle.

Bob Foster

Good start Michael. These sites often require you to look at them for a few days before you see them for what they are.

I don't mind the yellow background. If you didn't have it the webpage itself might not look as attractive. You might consider reversing the color and using your company blue color as the prominent one and the yellow for highlights - the reverse of what you have now.

Your content on the services page doesn't really sell but instead has too much copy that really doesn't hit the I want to call him button.

Sell benefits instead of explaining fabrics and cleaning chemistry - with less words.

I would suggest using an online quote system. It is surprising how many people will use them and make sure they put a phone number in it so they have to submit the number or the form won't send. This is because you sometimes want to call them and importantly verify and confirm appointments.

Because Andrechelle uses WordPress these changes are relatively easy for her to do for you.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Not a fan of the home spotting guide disclaimer or not. Only thing it should,say is cold water and blot. If that doesn't work call us immediatly and do not use anything else.

dealtimeman said:
Is it important for my info to be on there even if I will not be the one cleaning?

Next I will be getting a 1800 number and signing up with full circle.

I would never call a service business with a 1-800 number.

I think that is a turnoff.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Not bad...But there are surely some issues I would fix

Background....No good. That color will get people to click out right away.

Your logo over the photo....I'm not a big fan of this...Even though you think it might look cool....It really doesn't.

The pic hides the logo and the logo hides the pic....Cluster F.

Put your logo on a solid white background....or something like that.
Lower your header photo....make that your slide show if you can....a semi slow slideshow

The photos are pretty cool...Not sure about the fonts on the spot removal, 24 hour etc....but it works.

"Call now" sticks out....But your phone number should be on the top right corner...Again over a white background or close to it.

"Carpet Cleaning Fort Worth" Doesn't stick out at all...Bring it down a space and center it to the photo (unless you change the format like I just listed above)

Your text doesn't have a good border to the photos...the entire front page looks unfinished because lack of organization.

Your nav bar should be centered IMO

But even after all that....I've seen worse.

After thoughts...That main header photo is blurry...Maybe you meant it to be? Don't...Make it pretty...Actually I wouldn't use that photo at all....It looks like a mix between residential and commerical.
The big square photo is pretty good...But I like to have family members or pets in those type of photos.

Michael.....Do you have your google places listing? I do that for you if you don't.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Flood services 365 days, not 265 (unless you want 100 days off)

Do you want me to give it a proof read?

Becker

Name
Becker
dealtimeman said:
Willy P said:
Flood services 365 days, not 265 (unless you want 100 days off)

Do you want me to give it a proof read?

Yes please didn't even notice that.

Oh come on we know you meant, NO WEEKEDNS, besides a Saturday every 2 1/2 months.

G

I dont know much about websites. I dont have one yet. I havent even had a computer all that long. I have mostly been getting my customers from word of mouth. I probably should get a website too. Anything yall boys can tell me about websites and how to start a good one would be appreciated.

By the way dealtime man your website looks pretty good to me but what do i know?

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Websites are fairly easy to do on your own if you can follow directions.

Yahoo
Godaddy (website tonight)
Intuit
and a few others have cut and paste, drag and drop typ site builders.

I've done all my sites on Yahoo...I use their site builder, their hosting and I purchased my domain names through them.

BUT, Yahoo is probably not the best....Kinda feels like it's on it's way out.

I'm thinking Intuit may be the one to use now...But not really that sure.

If you really want to spend some money and have someone else do it...Make sure you're involved in the creative process at least.

G

Brian R said:
Websites are fairly easy to do on your own if you can follow directions.

Yahoo
Godaddy (website tonight)
Intuit
and a few others have cut and paste, drag and drop typ site builders.

I've done all my sites on Yahoo...I use their site builder, their hosting and I purchased my domain names through them.

BUT, Yahoo is probably not the best....Kinda feels like it's on it's way out.

I'm thinking Intuit may be the one to use now...But not really that sure.

If you really want to spend some money and have someone else do it...Make sure you're involved in the creative process at least.

Uhhm I caint go to my Dady an ask him to build me a website tonight. I dont think he knows much more about it than i do. What are you so excited about that you keep writin Yahoo? If I was intuit i might would make my own website but since Im not I guess Ill let somebody else do it when i git ready.

Did you have somebody in mind?

Wayne Miller

Name
Wayne Miller
It is one of her sites, Bob.....

Like Mike said, add an about us page with a good pic so people can see who they're getting. It means a lot to a lot of people.

And, talk up the benefits about using your service, things like dries in hours not days, no reappearing spots, no obnoxious odors, no sticky, soapy residue, insured for your protection, family owned and operated, kid and pet friendly, no hidden charges, the kind of stuff people have concerns about. And, put a strong, meaningful guarantee front and center.

Back
Top Bottom