what does a good day selling look like

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I started the day with a breakfast and then to lunch and then a meeting with a huge referral source. I interacted with over 60 referral sources today. At one of the stops the cordinator handed me a flyer for a vendor appreciation lunch. 13 years of Pharmaceutical Sales I never had a Dr do that. What does a good day look like for you?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I had a Colonoscopy yesterday and while that doesn't sound like a good day, the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. :icon_cool:

He also said he'd seen enough of my ass that I don't need to come back for 10-years.:biggrin: My word's not his. :winky:

Name
I'm Rick James
What do you guys think is a good % of on the truck selling should be? 20-50% over the original ticket?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If we did 20% I'd be happy.

In general our tech's just process the work that is given to them. Occasionally they will add rooms, stairs, upholstery, sometimes a rug to the ticket but prompted more by the homeowner than the technician. When there is an "add on" it can wreck the schedule and we usually send out another crew to cover the scheduled work while they complete the "add on" work with that client.

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
If you can only hit 20% . You need a sales trainer and sales meetings. Get off the board an work these guys into a well oiled sales team.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I had a Colonoscopy yesterday and while that doesn't sound like a good day, the doctor gave me a clean bill of health. :icon_cool:

Good to hear, Rich.

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
I got a few. We booked 3 jobs by the end of the day. The real purpose of these interactions is not a signed work order but frequency with those that can sell others for me.

Happy Birthday!
too soon to see any results?

How many "I'll be calling yas " did you get?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
If you can only hit 20% . You need a sales trainer and sales meetings. Get off the board an work these guys into a well oiled sales team.
I said I wish I could hit 20%, the vast majority we only clean what is scheduled. 0-10% including protector, we are upper middle to high end cleaners. We don't need to push for additional work, we are already priced for profit so usually our on site promotion is more about a discount on other services we offer.

Yes we could train them to better salesmen but really no matter how big the ticket, I'd much rather be performing restoration work.

We had 3000 sq/ft 48 steps and and area rug at a home last week, it took 2-crews to complete the job. It was a nice job but 1-crew at an average wdr loss would have still made more in 1/3 of the time with half the manpower. I'm always conflicted because I'd like to clean more carpet but the company is much better off processing higher paying work.

I have 2-crews out cleaning carpet, 1-crew doing air ducts and 3-crews at water losses from last night's storms. Even if those are small water losses they will have a larger tickets than the carpet cleaning and ducts scheduled.

I do appreciate the input Dave! :icon_cool:

Reactions: Shane Deubell

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Generally we contact around 100 businesses a day, 20 employees or more only right now, really want 50 or more. Rarely book a job right then, usually has to go up to the financial person for ok.

steve_64

He also said he'd seen enough of my ass that I don't need to come back for 10-years.:biggrin: My word's not his. :winky:

have you wiped the smile off your face yet? :eekk:

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom