What event do you base your hourly techs pay increase on?

Mikey P

Administrator
Just time employed?
Personal development? (taking on more responsibility, communication with customers,sales etc)
Technical development? (fiber ID, cleaning speed, upholstery or hard surface skills etc)
Ability to complete a route by themselves?
Punctuality?
Effort?

and assuming they progress in all of the above like a normal, hard working, good employee does, how often and in what increments do they get a raise?

Jack May

That Kiwi
Name
John
All of the above. It gets reviewed at the beginning of each financial year which has just happened on 1st April.

If at all possible, I like to give an increase every year, as an offset to inflation for them. Factors like you've mentioned above dictate how much, but also how well the business is doing. I know one year we were really tight, so I told them nothing could be done. Six months later when things had turned around, those that had pulled their weight during the tough times got rewarded.

John

Reactions: Mikey P

Mikey P

Administrator
Tom nailed it.

The 19 year old was told he would have to bring more value to the company to get the raise he wanted.

Value made by hustling more, getting out of his comfort zone and dealing with 50 year old white women, some sales etc..

Now he is a substitute mailman.

Back
Top Bottom