what have you stole from your custy???

Chris A

Name
Chris
I just empty my filter bags on the front step, can't miss it.

lesterj2

if i find something i always put it onto a dresser...
you never know what people have probably planted in a spot to see if they can trust you...
i dont care if its a penny or safety pin im not gonna take it...

but to each is own, just not my cup of tea...

Greg Loe

I've cleaned for one of my customers for 5 years, 2 or 3 times in a year. My daughter pet sits for them every year at Christmas. The last time I was cleaning they said "they love to watch my daughter play chase with their dogs in the house, it's so funny." "we have hidden cameras all through the house"

Always act like you're being filmed in a home. Never know.

Only things I ever take is at empty student housing, just things that are destined for the dump. I get lots of good vacuum cleaners. I pass them on to a to a local project that helps single moms with housing, training and jobs.

The students dump so much usable stuff it's a shame. We do have professional dumpster divers. Last year spotted one driving a Lincoln Navigator. They take stuff to auction, yard sales and ebay.

Able 1

Name
Keith
This does remind me of the Craig Jaspar story and his son... Why anyone would steal from a custy making whatever we want to charge? I do want to start bringing a bag for stuff on the floor under couches and such, seems more professional then putting it in any other other places.

Keith

T

The Magician

Thanks Lisa interesting articles on Cashmere. Thinking about using cashmere for our work uniforms. :lol:

Heathrow

Name
Heath Menefy
I always treat coins etc as a hidden camera test. You never know.
I did a reasonable sized job recently for a policeman and there was a $2 coin on the floor in the walk in wardrobe. I picked it up and went to place it on top of the dresser but fumbled, and it slipped into the top drawer which was open a fraction. I instinctively went to open the drawer and retrieve it and decided not to (that's all I needed was to explain to the custy why I'm poking around in the knicker drawer :oops: )
I just told the custy what happened. I always leave coins and stuff I find on a dresser or window ledge, even if I'm sure nobody's coming back for it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
Rex Tyus said:
[quote="Joey Johnston":3vh19dqu][quote="Rex Tyus":3vh19dqu]If I have to bend over to pick up a coin instead of sucking up the hose, it's mine.

Not even in a vacant apartment. It goes in the window seal. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else will know you did it.[/quote:3vh19dqu]

I agree. All the trash and crap I pick up goes in that window sill as well. :)[/quote:3vh19dqu]

Me too :twisted: :twisted:

or in the closet on them bare shelves.... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

fookin little braid nails screwin me up

Rex Tyus

It actually went like this

Joey Johnston said:
[quote="Rex Tyus":26xujde5]
KevinL said:
If I have to bend over to pick up a coin instead of sucking up the hose, it's mine.

Not even in a vacant apartment. It goes in the window seal. Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one else will know you did it.

I agree. All the trash and crap I pick up goes in that window sill as well. :)[/quote:26xujde5]

Then I said, Me Too :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry to split hairs I just did not want to be attached to the first quote.

The Preacher

the first guy i worked for in the cleaning biz told us to NEVER take a penny out of a customers home or biz. that has stuck with me all these years!!

he used to call customers and ask them to hide change under furniture to test us. seen more than one guy get fired for taking the change!!!

i found a bank envelope in the crevass of a couch with a few hunert in it, got a $20 tip for giving it to Mrs P!!!

Rex Tyus

I moved a dresser once and the husbands stash was under it. He had forotten about it. He had hidden it from the misses. When I saw it I called him in to show it to him and he came running. He remembered it at about the time I called him to come look at this. It was SEVERAL hunerts as well. He was in a panic his wife would find out about it.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
yeah it wouldnt let me copy that many things......soooo many rules on quoting

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
Rex Tyus said:
I moved a dresser once and the husbands stash was under it. He had forotten about it. He had hidden it from the misses. When I saw it I called him in to show it to him and he came running. He remembered it at about the time I called him to come look at this. It was SEVERAL hunerts as well. He was in a panic his wife would find out about it.

What kind of stash?

I think it's hilarious when I move a night-stand for some dear old lady and her pot pipe falls onto the floor.

Geoff

Jim Morrison said:
I have succumbed to the candy bowl on a couple of commercial jobs :oops:

At a place I used to work we had candy bowls around the office every Friday afternoon. Funny thing was that any leftover jubes that were coated in sugar on Friday were smooth and sugarless on monday. Turns out that the sugar was being eaten by roaches over the weekend. :shock:

Only the newer staff ate the leftovers on Monday mornings.

Greenie

I remember this thread from last year (and B&B Gary's funny solution to it), and I am reminded again of how many customers could stumble apon a thread like this searching carpet cleaning on Google?! :shock:

Name
steve snail
Took me awhile to train my eyes not to focus in on documents on customers desks, counters, etc.

The camera is always on. Even so, every time a penny appeared it was good luck and in my shirt pocket. May have to rethink that one.

Back
Top Bottom