What is B&S

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
Ron Werner said:
http://gethappy.ca/unethical_cleaners.htm
This is my take on B&S, it comes down to ethics. If you have to ask if its ethical, it probably isn't.

I posted my thoughts on dual price cleaning on the other post.

I like how you added the newspaper clips to your site.

Backs up your story

XTREME1

RIP
Name
Greg Crowley
that website isn't even finished yet as stated earlier
Well Ron I don't have to worry about whether it is ethical or not. I know what I do is ethical.
First off the B&S complaint had nothing to do with the new company so the rotovac has nothing to do with it the complaint was about a mercury 175. Had you taken the time to read the posts before giving you opinion you would have realized that.

Secondly a wand connected to an everest is no match for a rotovac 360 connected to an everest plus all carpets are finished with the a wand when a rotovac is used

Thirdly I do not have duplicate pricing. One price with add ons alot more easy to understand than the sq ft guys.

Why is it that when I bid commercial that I measure alot less than the other guys who bid sq ft and I measure it completely. Sq ft pricing is a scam

Larry B

Name
Larry Burrell
We have done work for a guy in Springfield, Il and he does SQFT pricing on commercial. Takes a lazer in and charges sqft + 3%.

I think this is a load of crap. He charges for space that is covered with racks, tables and counters that will not be moved. He said he does that and adds the 3% because of the extra time it takes to work around the stuff. I dont think it takes anymore time to side step stuff and not clean that space than it does to clean the empty building.

Plus on a 2000 sqft showroom 50%+ will be covered with stuff not getting moved.

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I did read the entire post. I was just giving my 2cents worth about B&S, I wasn't referring specifically to you. B&S cleaners only destry the credibility of the industry. Even if they charge $400 for a $50 job, they still only give maybe $100 effort. In short, any B&S practice could be defined where the customer is not getting what they paid for.
They pay $25/room, they get a $25/rm cleaning.
They pay $50/room, they will expect more.

Either way, I think the very BASIC we, as "professionals" should be offering is "clean" carpet, ie remove the soil. Anything less and we are BS(bullshitting) the customer. It might "look" clean and fluffy, but if half the soil remains, the job is incomplete. Of course, it'll never happen that way. So My basic will be other's deluxe.

AS for the RV, yes, if all I was to do was either wand or RV, of course the RV would "clean" better. So would my RX20. But thats been my argument about those machines from day one. The rotary machines are there for guys who want to shortcut cleaning, to leave out some steps that would do an even better job.
It takes time to do the job right. MOst guys don't want to put in that time.
If you put in that time, great. I'm talking to the other 99% who think a RV job is just as good. But even then, I wouldn't call them B&S cleaners, just good budget cleaners.

AS for pricing, sf price is still one price. $55/100sf, less if traffic areas. It might take a wee bit more to explain, but once explained my clients say "That makes sense".

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom