What is Pintrist, and why sould, or do, I advertise there?

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
I clicked once on Mikeys Pintrist link and got nothing but various bird reports and such.
I presume you meant Pinterest. About 90% of the subscribers will be female and use it as a digital scrapbook for decorating ideas, recipes etc. It is the right target audience but I am not sure it would be the right place to advertise. If you want social media you are better off focusing on Facebook.

hogjowl

Idiot™
I thought I read a recommendation written by Tom King, on this board, saying Penterist was something we should be using for advertising purposes?

Russ T.

Supportive Member
Name
Russ Terhaar
I'm not on there but my wife sure is. I know enough about it that it is called Pinterest. Like "interest". I'm 37 but sometimes these threads make me feel like a kid. Get with the program pops :p

Russ Terhaar
The Clean Machine of Iowa LLC
www.thegreatcleanmachine.com

hogjowl

Idiot™
A lot of wives seem to be on it. The point of this thread is to answer the question : How do we effectively place an impression in front of all those wives on Pinterest?

Beeks

Name
J.R.
dont really use it, read somewhere it helps with back links, that could be wrong too, but started one posted on it a couple times, BAM thats it.

hogjowl

Idiot™
So, in other words, not ONE of you assholes know.

I will continue to watch this thread to see if anyone who knows what they are doing shows up.

FredC

Village Idiot
lol....I guess you should contact Tom.........

but seriously.....what is it you want to know?

What is it? A community of pinboards...see vid

Should you spend a bunch of time on it trying to get customers? Probably not.

billyeadon

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Yeadon
lol....I guess you should contact Tom.........but seriously.....what is it you want to know? What is it? A community of pinboards...see vidShould you spend a bunch of time on it trying to get customers? Probably not.
Tom is busy with moving to his new house and several water jobs. He will be scarce this week.

Name
Bruce
The reason for being on Pinterest is the same reason for doing the Dougie , because you want to. Just because it's some new internet fad doesn't mean it's going to be a new marketing/advertising sensation for your business.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
Pinterest is a tool for collecting and organizing things you love. Millions of people use Pinterest in their lives and work. No matter what you're interested in, ...

I may be wrong, (& I am every day), but I believe it is a global phenomenon and advertising there would be like trying to service the world instead of your own county.

It's probably free, like Facebook & Twitter and the other thingamajigs out there, but it appears to be a big jumble of mess with no organization ???

For what it's worth to me personally...............

W.O.F.T.A.(?) M.

In Southern talk...................

I.D.G.A.S.

You're welcome.

:pig:

Last edited by a moderator:

hogjowl

Idiot™
I would love to hear from The King on this one.

But I sure ain't calling him. I bet he gets calls from idiots all the time.

I got one the other night from some guy at 10:30 PM from out of NY wanting to talk about my Vortex which I haven't owned in 3 years.

Back
Top Bottom