What is the ABSOLUTE BEST cat/dog urine odor remover?

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
This topic comes up A LOT. But, has anyone really found a product... lets just say ... a consumer could use, that you can spray onto cat urine and have it actually eliminate the odor?

Not just for consumers obviously, but is there anything that REALLY works or is every product out there failing to reach this expectation?

If you think you've found something that works better than every other product, lets here it!

Lets assume however, that you cannot use a truck mount machine to achieve these results. What are you going to reach for?

carpetcleaner

Name
Rob Litwin
If the carpet is being cleaned on a regular basis and they need something to help out in between cleanings, Odorcide or CTI's Odor Eliminator both work very well on removing odors.

My local supplier has an enzyme that works and doesn't seem to leave soil attracting residue. It is called E.O.C. - Enzyme Odor Counteractant. I think it might be a private labeled product.

Jimmy L

Name
Jimmy L
I just saw a customer at the local pizza joint tonight whose carpet I cleaned in the spring.

Extensive CAT urine and odor in the basement.

Told her she should rip it out but she didn't want to.

Said I would put a "Band-aid" on it but no guarantee on anything.

Mixed up a couple two gallon jugs for my multisprayer with 4 cups of 40 volume and half a cup of Judson's Quat a lot to each two gallon.

Said tonight odor and stains gone.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I think most pro's have trouble with urine and really doubt there to be any truely effective consumer product. Core products makes a product called unbelievable pet odor remover we sell to clients. I dont know that it works all that well but it comes in a nice bottle and smells good for a couple hours

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
This topic comes up A LOT. But, has anyone really found a product... lets just say ... a consumer could use,

3% peroxide (grocery/drug store or 20vol clear developer)
There are risks involved on some carpets/rugs , but it's self neutralizing and no harmful/sticky residue

Other than that, they're off to the PetSmart for some over priced squirt bottles of enzyme

Not just for consumers obviously, but is there anything that REALLY works or is every product out there failing to reach this expectation?

not for consumers, unless they have the ability to flood and extract.
But flooding the carpet and pad with strong oxidizers followed by water claw can fix many (not all) urine contamination problems

for the pro, the "experience" factor comes into play, because some contamination is beyond 100% correction .
there are times when it;s just too far gone to offer any assurances .
Cause it's a fact of life, some can be removed 100%, and some only "improved" ..and that's how you qualify the prospect

If you think you've found something that works better than every other product, lets here it!?

strong oxidizers flooded into carpet and pad, followed by water claw and rinse have worked by far the best for us.
on severe ones, If they'll pay to replace the effected pad, the odds increase of 100% correction of carpet..cause while the carpet is disengaged , you can use a claw to pull rinse solution thru the material.
Stick the claw on, put an open QD on sol line and and let 'er flow thru the carpet into the claw
repeat oxy flood, dwell and "through the carpet" rinse as needed ...your "nose" on the carpet will tell you when if it's 100% gone or not

If so severe they need the subfloors shellac sealed, forget about offering any kind of assurances of correcting the carpet 100%
Depending on replacement cost, replacement may be the better, more cost effective choice for the owner

Lets assume however, that you cannot use a truck mount machine to achieve these results. What are you going to reach for?

if no way to flood and flush/rinse extract,( BTW, a porty will work) you're pi55ing in the wind with spray 'n go topical treatments for anything but minor contamination

..l.T.A.

.l.T.A.

Last edited:

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Complete odor removal requires removing the source. Looking for a simple spray and leave product is futile. This is like expecting a spray of bathroom air freshener to keep everything smelling nice and fresh but never flushing the toilet.

Some attempt must be made to remove the source. For a consumer, it may be simply blotting up the liquid. For the professional, a powder oxidizer such as PetZONE along with extraction using a Water Claw or similar is usually the best answer short of disengaging the carpet and/or replacing affected pad, tackless or whatever.

Home Pro has a deodorizer that is a consumer version of Hydrocide. Works like Odorcide, Xcide, Dynacide and so forth. The best spray product meant for consumers that I have seen.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
For is OSR for most problems and either hydrocide/ odorcide for cat urine contamination.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Complete odor removal requires removing the source. Looking for a simple spray and leave product is futile. This is like expecting a spray of bathroom air freshener to keep everything smelling nice and fresh but never flushing the toilet.

Ben;

A professional knows that flooding a strong professional product . . .

followed by TM extraction with a spotting claw is REQUIRED to achieve good results.

We would use our Odor Attack, which combines a powder oxidizer with an actual enzyme:

http://www3.cobbcarpet.com/zen3/ind...t&search_in_description=1&keyword=odor+attack

It can achieve good results with less chance of color loss,

due to the synergistic combination of two methods.

Larry

P.S. The best for a consumer, is immediate treatment of the stain by wicking into paper towels . . .
followed by the spray application of a bacterial solution that produces enzymes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom