What Is The Lamest Reason You Ever Lost A Job? This Is Close...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
First let me say, It is 100 % MY fault.

Couple times a year commercial customer, talk to them 4 times yesterday to schedule a job 10 days from now. They need to check on this, they need to check on that, worse then the govt...

They do ask to send over an estimate so it can be sent up the chain for approval, normal for commercial work. Well, i did forget to send it last night and this morning at 7am i receive a "going postal" voicemail saying that if we cant send over an estimate in a timely matter then they are cancelling service and finding someone else. I talked to the contact last at like 2pm yesterday... lol

The funniest part is they cancelled us couple years ago because we forgot to clean one of those $10 home depot walk off mats, tried another service that didnt work out and came calling back.

Not mad about it, just wacky.... and LAME in my opinion.

Name
Jesse
We lost a janitorial account because we missed picking up a few rubber bands way too many times according to the manager. Funny thing was that she would shoot rubber bands at her employees all day long. There would be dozens to over a hundred all over the office everyday. One or two behind a desk would piss her off apparently

FredC

Village Idiot
"I had forgot I had an appointment to get my nails did".....I thought it was a scheduling issue,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but as she explained on followup it was budget..................:icon_rolleyes:

Last edited:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Had a 75,000 sq/ft job last summer cancel because we didn't have a duns number and they couldn't use us without it. They didn't tell us we would need it until 3-days before the job.:mad: Someone else did it even though we would have had it if we had only had our paperwork in order.

I hate gubberment BS!

Name
Lee Stockwell
Had a 75,000 sq/ft job last summer cancel because we didn't have a duns number and they couldn't use us without it. They didn't tell us we would need it until 3-days before the job.:mad: Someone else did it even though we would have had it if we had only had our paperwork in order.

I hate gubberment BS!
ummm...being that THEY would need to pay YOU, and not the other way around, I'd require D&B from THEM, before extending them credit.

Take that! :-)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
ummm...being that THEY would need to pay YOU, and not the other way around, I'd require D&B from THEM, before extending them credit.

Take that! :-)
I thought the same thing when they requested it. While they would hire us, the government actually cuts the check so it goes though Sams.gov I think. Anyway we only got so far in filling it out when we found out it was going to be $600.00 to get it. Without a guarantee of us doing any other work for them or any other program like it, we just dropped it.

3-months later they call with a huge water loss, our estimate was 50K, they went with someone cheaper. 4-days into the job the facilities manager calls and wants to know how much would we charge to direct the guys that were doing to work. They were have problems, nothing was drying they ripped out the carpet and were running out of time before the kids were coming back. We could have saved the carpet and dried the structure in the necessary time line.

Can't fix stoopid! We took them off our marketing list!

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
what are duns numbers needed for?

i think i have one but i only signed up on their site for free to get them to remove an incorrect phone number for my biz listing that they put up without my knowledge.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We have one too but this is something different. It's part of a registry to enable you to get paid from the government. We don't do any of that kind of work and really had no idea it was needed until we got down to the last minute and then found out it takes weeks to get approved and a number. It's probably nothing we will ever pursue unless we are guaranteed the work that is requiring it. The whole mess was frustrating, the emergency work they didn't need the number for, but choose the low bidder. :hopeless:

Back
Top Bottom