What Is The Metric You Use For CSR : Tech or...

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
What is the metric you use for hiring Customer Service Reps?

For planning purposes how many CSR do we need per Tech or do you go by Revenue?

So for every $300k you need a CSR or for every 4 techs you need a rep...

TomKing

Supportive Member
Name
Tom
What is the metric you use for hiring Customer Service Reps?

For planning purposes how many CSR do we need per Tech or do you go by Revenue?

So for every $300k you need a CSR or for every 4 techs you need a rep...

Shawn we are now having days where we have 4-5 trucks out. 3-4 residential and 1 commercial.
3 trucks was the number for us. When we started hitting 4 it was to much for 1 CSR. We now have 2 full time staff in the office and there are still days it is hard for them.
It can be a struggle to do the quality calls and keep the marketing going.
I would gauge it on routes not techs

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
Yeah, Shane, it is kind of a moving target.

We were a multi-faceted company with lots of details going on and had four people working very hard in the office. (1.3 million gross in today's dollars.)

Steve

PS Part of this apparently "bloated office staff" was due to my insistence on doing everything we could in the office instead of loading it on my techs. (You remember, "Make it easier to do it right than to do it wrong.") We also had a high focus on Value Added Service with lots of time spent on Quality Check calls, "New Customer Pre-Inspections", consistent commercial selling programs, a quarterly client newsletter mailing, etc. All this stuff has a great long term ROI but it does take up employee time.

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Thanks, 3 routes sounds right but i guess that depends on number jobs/revenue per route.
and like steve mentioned what the tasks are.

So much easier though to have something to work off.

PS. steve your bloated staff was probably due to the fact they were still using typewriters way back then.... :p

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
PS. steve your bloated staff was probably due to the fact they were still using typewriters way back then.... :p
IBM Selectrics, baby!

Steve

PS BUT the "Quality Check calls, "New Customer Pre-Inspections", consistent commercial selling programs, etc" I mention above are still very much needed (and neglected) in most companies and STILL require lots of office time. "The more things change the more they remain the same."

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Back
Top Bottom