What is the most dependable truckmount for an owner/operator?

Mark Saiger

Mr Happy!
Name
Mark Saiger
My 405 have been realiable, I had issues at first with my 570 but it now has 1400 hours and hasn't had a problem in over a year!

If I were to get another unit I'm leaning towards a 650 hp same heat as a el Diablo, has a 10 year track record water cooled engine. E idle for fuel savings. If the Van takes a crap You can move it to a new van in a couple days be back up and running. What's Butler have a 6 week wait right now??? The newer vans like @Mikey P said get great gas mileage. All that gas savings will help with a little higher payment.

Besides everyone knows direct drives are known for ease of use for emplyees, one guy got a direct drive here and has had his coupler break 3 times.

If I were to get a DD it would be a Butler because SAIGER's video's alone would help fix any problem I might have.

Saiger what's you avg. MPG in those baby's. I get 11.8 with a 570 in a 6 liter engine and 12.4 with a 405 in a 4.7 liter engine both Chevy 2500.

14-16 mpg highway fully loaded down...

And about 1.5 gallons per hour running wide open with the Butler...

Love them!

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
As an o/o I'm very happy with a Judson. Easy to maintain and fix myself. Had mine since 08. Had some issues but overall it's rarely let me down.

Btw how can you pocket money when selling and rebuying a tm every 5 yrs? If the tm is 50K you're spending 10k a year just to pay off the tm. I guess if you can sell it for 10 then every 5th year is free

Name
jack zerkie
Same with my cheap and simple Cobb over 5 yrs and running NO down time, can,t say that about my not so pro 1700 white magic or my Hydramaster 470 D . The simple approach and not bells and whistles and cages make the Cobb amazing for the price. I,m in south Florida and almost anything will cause a unit not to run. The only thing about the Cobb is very noisy and had another muffler added. The other is changing the belts,. but buy removing the spark plugs and another set of hands they spin on easy. The heat & vacuum is very good for a base unit thats cheep and dependable. jz.

Reactions: Ron Werner

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
My 405 have been realiable, I had issues at first with my 570 but it now has 1400 hours and hasn't had a problem in over a year!

If I were to get another unit I'm leaning towards a 650 hp same heat as a el Diablo, has a 10 year track record water cooled engine. E idle for fuel savings. If the Van takes a crap You can move it to a new van in a couple days be back up and running. What's Butler have a 6 week wait right now??? The newer vans like @Mikey P said get great gas mileage. All that gas savings will help with a little higher payment.

Besides everyone knows direct drives are known for ease of use for emplyees, one guy got a direct drive here and has had his coupler break 3 times.

If I were to get a DD it would be a Butler because SAIGER's video's alone would help fix any problem I might have.

Saiger what's you avg. MPG in those baby's. I get 11.8 with a 570 in a 6 liter engine and 12.4 with a 405 in a 4.7 liter engine both Chevy 2500.
I like the Everest. She's a beast! :cool:

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
My buddy Scott up in Alaska. Mr Pioneer @Pioneer Floorcare I think that's him. He just put faith in two hydra master direct drives in one purchase. Something tells me if they weren't reliable, he wouldn't have purchased two brand new van setups.

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Not much difference between a hydramaster or a butler. Both are well engineered and have a proven track record. Hydramaster generally leaves you with more room in the van. Butlers 210 gal tanks are awesome in cold weather. How many jobs are you going to do where you will go through 210 gallons? Both have options for additional heat and unlike all slide in units, you can close and lock the doors when cleaning.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I'll be looking for a truck mount that can be trouble free for a minimum of 5years. And after the five years, when stuff starts to kink up, I want the repairs to be affordable. Butler is not on that list. As a matter of fact, any direct drive truck mount that needs repair from a major part is expensive. So as of now, I'm in the slide in market. And the Apex and Titan are on my list from the reviews and reputation of the two..
-Liquid Cooled engine that runs at a reasonable rpm
-The way the major components are positioned away from major heat
-How the pre-heat exchangers acts as part of the engine's coolant to help for longevity
-Reputation of belt life
-Liquid cooled engine, (did I say that again?)

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
I have moved from a rebuilt Banshee to a Amtex Equipment 30/47 Stack Inferno better known as an Amwreck, to a Hydramaster CDS with Salsa. Love the CDS. I've heard the Salsa Heat Exchanger is not good for the blower as it creates too much back pressure on it. Anyone have any input on that?

@Pioneer Floorcare, Can you tell me your thoughts on the differences between the Butler which you had and the CDS?

Reactions: Desk Jockey
Name
Scott Turknett
I have moved from a rebuilt Banshee to a Amtex Equipment 30/47 Stack Inferno better known as an Amwreck, to a Hydramaster CDS with Salsa. Love the CDS. I've heard the Salsa Heat Exchanger is not good for the blower as it creates too much back pressure on it. Anyone have any input on that?

@Pioneer Floorcare, Can you tell me your thoughts on the differences between the Butler which you had and the CDS?
The most important factor in me switching from butler to the hydramaster cds was local support. Every time I needed something from butler no matter how small the part it cost at least $85 to ship, plus it took at least 4 days. My business is growing and I wanted parts supply to be on the west coast, and tech support available after 1pm my time.

I definitely notice how much less volume of air my cds flows on an open hose, but lift capability is higher. I am getting the same dry times, or slightly better.

Support has been really great, but both my machines have had a lot more trouble than I expected out of brand new machines. The transfer pumps in both hydracradles failed, both machines randomly lose speed control and idle down to 500 rpm, and one of the pump outs has already worn out an impeller( that was my fault).

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
No pump out on my CDS so no problems there. But I did fry my blower. That ran me over $4,200. But I think that was my fault. So far my CDS has ben problem free and it has 1,600 some odd hours on it. Sorry to hear you've had so many headaches with yours already @Pioneer Floorcare .

Why did the Butler have so much more air flow then the CDS?

Chokemaster

Name
John Sheridan
How do you fry a blower?

Let the oil get too low?

After I got my CDS I changed all oil in the blower and the pump. It was used and I wasn't sure when it was last changed. Well the oil in the blower leaked out. I'm afraid I didn't tighten the drain plug enough and so it ran out of oil and I fried my blower. :(

Bob Pruitt

Name
Robert Pruitt
I'm getting ready to buy the Titan 575. Hydra master has a good reputation for standing behind their product. Some newer companies are sending Carpet Cleaners to the engine , blower or pump manufacturers if there is a problem. I think that should be their job so that is a deal killer for me. Titan has a proven liquid cooled engine is same as small Kubota tractor...I had the diesel version, but, same manufacturer and cast iron engine. Easy to get repairs and parts. I am putting it in a Nissan NV 3500 Cargo van. Nissan because it's built like a truck... it is a truck with a van body and 5 year 100,000 mile bumper to bumper warranty standard. I also like solid and safe in a van. High heat when I need it in a truck mount but not dumping and filling the waste tank as soon as I turn it on. Titan gives you 40 minutes before dumping water. I have owned atleast 10 new truck mounts and vans as well as a few used ones... I want dependable and if it does break...easy and fast to fix.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The most important factor in me switching from butler to the hydramaster cds was local support. Every time I needed something from butler no matter how small the part it cost at least $85 to ship, plus it took at least 4 days. My business is growing and I wanted parts supply to be on the west coast, and tech support available after 1pm my time.

I definitely notice how much less volume of air my cds flows on an open hose, but lift capability is higher. I am getting the same dry times, or slightly better.

Support has been really great, but both my machines have had a lot more trouble than I expected out of brand new machines. The transfer pumps in both hydracradles failed, both machines randomly lose speed control and idle down to 500 rpm, and one of the pump outs has already worn out an impeller( that was my fault).

Dang Scott, I hate to hear that. I hope it hasn't taken the excitement out of your latest investment in your business. When we took the class, your excitement in boosting your business with tools and education was pumping me up. How soon are they getting you in and out of repair?

Reactions: Chokemaster
Name
Scott Turknett
This happens on my Pro 1200 SE as well. What info did HM give you regarding this issue?
I think the regulator in the alternator is not regulating enough, so the battery overcharges, and when voltage hits 15VDC the van's computer refuses throttle input from outside sources (machine's throttle controller)

What year and make is your machine?

D Luke

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
I think the regulator in the alternator is not regulating enough, so the battery overcharges, and when voltage hits 15VDC the van's computer refuses throttle input from outside sources (machine's throttle controller)

What year and make is your machine?

2012 Express 6.0 and 2015 Pro 1200 SE

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom