What is the most fuel effecient 400cfm machine

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
With gas prices soaring and no end in sight I have been thinking about machines lately. So does anyone know what the most efficient around 400 cfm machine is? Doesn't have to be new, could be a used one.

kingjoelking

Supportive Member
If you are worried about gas prices. Raise your cleaning prices. Gas prices should be the last of your worries. Instead of worrying about the one thing that you have absolutely no control of. Worry about how to sell more services at each job. Change your minimum job price.

Or you could buy a porty.

Mike Draper

If you want it to last a long time annnnd be fuel efficient, A judson is the way to go. More CFM than a TCS as well.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Mike Draper said:
If you want it to last a long time annnnd be fuel efficient, A judson is the way to go. More CFM than a TCS as well.

help me with that one, Mike.
How does one XXhp engine become more fuel efficient than another XXhp engine??
Most all 2cyl gas engines are burning between 1 to 1.5GPH depending on load, RPM and HP

Rich, what are you running now .... what GPH fuel use?
and could you realize better savings with more fuel efficient vans?
I donno about you, but the van uses WAY more fuel than the TM

..L.T.A.

Bob Savage

Name
Bob Savage
Larry,

The DC-510-31 looks like a strong machine.

In looking at the picture of the 4MR blower detail, is there a way to eliminate those 3 -90º elbows so close together?

I am thinking that is restriction right off the bat.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
Larry, Iv'e looked at your machine with that engine and the 4mr blower. Do you have gph fuel usage estimates on it? Also I am having a hard time finding data that supports the 400cfm or 17" lift of that blower. On sutorbilt site the max is 16" and 380 cfm under no load.

Actually finding any information on real world fuel usage on that motor is nearly impossible. Also finding expected lifespan has been very difficult. I even went on a bunch of lawn mowers boards and no one has thousands of hours on that engine yet.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Two fuels needed to operate a carpet cleaning machine wouldn't be what I consider efficent.

Personally I'd skip the secondary fuel needed for a hot water heater and go heat exchange.

Shane T

Name
Shane Tiegs
idreadnought said:
Larry, Iv'e looked at your machine with that engine and the 4mr blower. Do you have gph fuel usage estimates on it? Also I am having a hard time finding data that supports the 400cfm or 17" lift of that blower. On sutorbilt site the max is 16" and 380 cfm under no load.

Actually finding any information on real world fuel usage on that motor is nearly impossible. Also finding expected lifespan has been very difficult. I even went on a bunch of lawn mowers boards and no one has thousands of hours on that engine yet.
I have 2500 hours on my 31 horse Agies. Runs great with few problems.
-Stator was replaced under warranty twice
-Valve lifter failed (very easy fix)
-Broken hose clamps on water pump were replaced under warranty
-Bearing carrier for cooling fan failed.(was back ordered and left me out of commission for 3 weeks)
-After 2 or 3 failed O2 sensors I am running without which I'm sure reduces fuel efficiency. I don't know if this a Kohler problem or an application issue with PowerClean.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Re: What is the most fuel efficient 400cfm machine

He said 400CFM right? You Can go up to 650 for a few more dollars and still be at 1-1.25gph. (the 408 everest and the 650 burn the same)

The Legend does 330 CFM and is only .75-1gph

the Judson is going to burn about the same plus the propane. Mike's is a Propane unit but his big ass truck eats everything he might be saving by running a propane machine and propane burner. His set up is NOT fuel efficient and since we are friends I am sure he will agree.

If it is fuel efficiency and power you want then get a diesel sprinter and diesel Apex (.95-1.18 gph). You will have to drive the hell out of the sprinter to break the engine in before you start seeing the 20mpg but compared to 9-10 for a 6.0 ext van in will be the most efficient in the long run.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
idreadnought said:

I have Sutorbilt factory data on the blower that states 398CFM @ 2" hg. lift.
The 17" lift is intermittant maximum lift.

The new 4MR does run cooler under maximum lift operating conditions.

Fuel consumption during typical carpet cleaning is about 25% less than same engine with carburetor.

Typically this would reduce consumption from about 1.65 GPH to ~1.25 GPH.

The 2500 hrs. & counting Shane has run, is a good example of liquid-cooled EFI engine life.

For Vacuum, I would be most concerned with the airflow in the head of the cleaning wand.

Larry

Mike Draper

Mr. Capitoni, read my statement again. I didn't say more fuel efficient than the tcs. I said last longer. Yes, my truck is. Gas hog, but all my jobs are within 10 miles of eachothe it works for me. I average about 8,500 miles per year.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom