What is your magic number

Mikey P

Administrator
You know the one, you get home from as long day behind the wand or a long day on the golf course and you check to see how many jobs got booked that day..

What's the number where one less leaves you just a bit bitter and ready to kick the cat and one more gets the wife a meal cooked by the King?

and here is where good ol' Ken would bitch slap us all with a "165"...:lol:

Reactions: -JB-

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
I look at the average per day each week, Mondays and Fridays are the busiest phone days for us, Saturdays are the slowest, it's the day my office staff uses to get caught up and press forward so worthwhile cost wise for that alone.

As long as we average 18-20 per day for the 6 days - the cat is safe.

I'd like to be doing 28-30 this coming spring - we shall see.

Mikey P

Administrator
I look at the average per day each week, Mondays and Fridays are the busiest phone days for us, Saturdays are the slowest, it's the day my office staff uses to get caught up and press forward so worthwhile cost wise for that alone.

As long as we average 18-20 per day for the 6 days - the cat is safe.

I'd like to be doing 28-30 this coming spring - we shall see.

how many trucks?

Mikey P

Administrator
I'll be modest and say 8.

We get quite a bit of all days jobs so even at that low number we were booked out 50 to 70 jobs for most of the summer.

SMRBAP

Supportive Member
Name
Anthony
how many trucks?

4 currently, working to add 1-2 by June '14

With 1 possible curve ball, if what I'm implementing for restoration marketing delivers on the high side expectation wise, I may not add any cleaning trucks.

Pressing along prepping both sides for growth - but am willing to stunt cleaning growth for a bit for restoration growth.

I'm losing interest in 80 hr weeks :)

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
That's always a tough decision for us, to market carpet more aggressively or stick with the restoration emphasis. We can and have churned lots of dollars cleaning carpet but in the end we do much better when we're doing WDR work. I really don't care what we do as long as it keeps us busy and we're making good money at it.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Don't get too hung up on the number of jobs in a day. Often more can be made per day (especially with resi cleaning) by doing less jobs per day and by having the time to provide other services while you are already there. Three a day seems to be a sweet spot for me per day. It's not the difficult to average around 1K a day that way and having very happy clients (you have more time to smooze them. )instead of rushing one job to an other , being burned out and ending up with same amount at the end of the day.

Becker

Name
Becker
I like 4 a day fir myself.
Thus week.

M 4
T 7
Today wi be 5
Thursday wi be 5
Fri wi be 5
Working a rare sat. 3.

PETA wi be happy to know I don't own a cat.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Only 5-WDR calls this week, some weeks are better than others....some weeks we get none. You just never know with WDR, you have to be prepared at all times to capitalize when the calls come in.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We had two this week of the kind you like. The house was sold but papers not signed, one with a wood floor that had to come up and drywall that had to come out. The other is a sewage backup affected carpet which now needs to be replaced. One of the homes is having us clean all their carpet, new to the city they heard we were the ones to call.

Fortunately the only people upset are the realtors that want it done faster than possible. It should all go back fine just not in time for their deadline.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
I don't need a number, just tell me was the phone ringing or not.

If the phone is ringing we are booking jobs, if not ringing... You get the point.

Chris A

Name
Chris
yeah, similar to Jerry, either we're booking jobs or not. Usually Mondays and Fridays are super busy, with Tuesday and Thursday slower and Wednesday usually dead.

Brian H

Name
Brian H
Us too Chris and Jeremy!! It's been a quiet morning here, especially for a Monday. Only 167 calls as of 11:30.

Octobers have traditionally been a slower month for us. The back to school clean up is over, and the clean up for the holidays has not yet started. We'll start picking up in about 3 weeks.

Vivers

Supportive Member
Name
Bill
To be honest I don't even ask anymore after 18 years Mikey. But 10 is good and 25 is great!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom