What manufacturer should..

Mikey P

Administrator
Take advantage of us here next?

Judson, Clark, Mytee, Green Glides & Vac A Way to name the big ones, have seen the light. Here is a essentially free R and D department that could not be duplicated at any price. I would think that any CEO would die at the chance.

Whom do you think could use a MB reality check the most?

My vote goes to Cross American.

Followed by Butler.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
we need good tile tools......

tools to clean the edges....

good grout sealing tools....

Name
John LaBarbera
This Board cannot be beat for good input. I personally think that the only way to improve a product is to get the thoughts of those who actually use it.

However, in a public forum like this, the manufacturer has to really WANT to improve the product and not get offended when he's told by the pro's the faults (or ways to improve it) of his product.

I also think that if a manufacturer is offered an opportunity to be critiqued on this board he should seize it, since it can only help him.

Thanks again,

John

TimP

I'd really like to see TM manufacturers figure out that we are wanting a machine that can actually be able to dual wand and keep up with the heat and be a heat exchange machine and be able to run high lift cause we can now use lift with glides. Come with dual 2.5 inch ports and have non restrictive plumbing. Be able to meter rinse agents at any flow and self adjust. And also be in a fuel efficient small package so that we can run it in a Van and not have to pay 85 grand to buy a vortex or Aerotec. Oh not to mention with the easy and the least maintenance required as possible. I kinda hope that the Titan fills the spot, the prochem 650 and blue line thermalwave don't cut it for sure. And as far as I know a clutch drive in a van don't cut it either. I know that cleanco does pretty good for a dual wand clutch drive machine. But it's not quite ideal yet especially with fuel consumption nor in producing it's own heat to dual wand.

Brian L

Name
Brian L
How about a company that makes wands. Instead of their "one size fits some" wands........have small, medium and large or at least 2 different sizes.

Scott S.

Supportive Member
Name
Scott
how about a wand that is adjustable without restriction. so that anyone could use it no matter how tall, anyone thought about carbon fiber? lightweight yet strong. could have a stainless steel or titanium head on it. just throwing ideas out.

how about a quiet portable with less than 50 decibles that would be cool.

Scott

Hats off to John LaBarbera and the folks @ Mitee! You are definitely on my radar for future purchases now.

Scott

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
A good lesson to all manufacturer's......

Step it up.....or step to the side....

I sure like that phrase..........

hogjowl

Idiot™
My first thought was Butler, then Cleanco, or both. The competition would really exponentially ratchet up the results. However, I just don't see Butler as being able to break out of their tight little box and see the big picture.

Cleanco might be a possibility. I have asked my Cleanco dist. to talk to them about making some changes to their rigs (like 2.5 ports) and he did at their last dealers meeting. I've yet to hear a response from him though.

G

Nordick one could use some R&D. I heard that he builds his machines outta plywood and are a shock hazard.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
ODIN said:
mOST of the time imput from MORONS is just that

That perception from manufacturers may be the biggest roadblock to getting improvements made to the equipment we use everyday. After all, we are just the idiots who suck rugs, how dare we tell them how to make and improve their products, they have engineers and chemists for that purpose.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Mikey;

Manufacturers have to balance several different criteria in making changes to a product.

We just did a "customer focus group" for Century 400 on changes for the Ninja portable extractor. The engineers and production people listed all the ideas from long-time portable users. I think some of these ideas will be implemented in future portable designs.

Since we build our own Truckmounts, everybody has a wish list of items that would like to have on their machine.

Some of these we have implemented, and some were too specialized or difficult for production.

Some can be implemented at little cost, and some are very expensive.

The design process is always controlled by final cost vs. suitability to the largest number of customers.

Larry Cobb

P.S. Jim- I agree on the T&G tools & sealer applicators.

Bob Foster

How about a decent injection sprayer. We just had a new sign-up that looks like there is potential for that.

http://www.master-clean.com

Sal Muscarella

By the way, WELCOME SAL! ARE YOU LISTENING? - WE WANT TO HELP YOU HELP US AND YOU CAN MAKE SOME MONEY IN THE PROCESS!!!

SteveSmith

I couldn't agree with John more.

Several cleaners, some of which are members of this board, have assisted us in product development and product improvements.

When we sent out products or samples for testing and opinions we seek out people that will never be "Yes men", but tell it as they see it. Without honest feedback from experienced cleaners, we could never have progressed as quickly or efficiently as we have.

Thanks to all who have assisted!

Steve Smith

TimP

Bob Foster said:
How about a decent injection sprayer. We just had a new sign-up that looks like there is potential for that.

http://www.master-clean.com

Sal Muscarella

By the way, WELCOME SAL! ARE YOU LISTENING? - WE WANT TO HELP YOU HELP US AND YOU CAN MAKE SOME MONEY IN THE PROCESS!!!

I'd buy an in-line sprayer right now if I knew it was going to be accurate (meaning any incoming temp didn't affect the pick up of chems) and last at least 3-4 years. My last one didn't last but right at 1 year and who knows if it was accurate ever. It's why I went with a battery sprayer!!

Oh another thing I'd like to see is a cheaper CRB machine. Like the Procaps or Icapsol. I'm not interested in spending 1600-2000 bucks on one. I'd pay 6-700 for one though.

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
I have a spraymaster, I've been using it for 2 years. No problems here, of course I don't have real heat so that's not an issue. Truth is I have yet to take it apart or even rinse it out for that matter.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
BANG FOR THE THE BUCK...???

I'll put my Genie up against any one of yous.....!

I jus sol a brand new one for $5000.00!

Beat that

ronbeatty

Name
Ron Beatty
I just took delivery of my second Vortex in 6 months. Blueline did everything I ask them to do and more. Chuck Cushman is the most customer focused guy I have ever met. He listened and then did what I wanted, something that I never experienced before. After having 7 truckmounts built by another manufacturer it was really nice to have a company that would listen to what I needed to run my business.

G

bob vawter said:

How come when I asked you the price was $8000.00?

Did mama have a bad streak at bingo?

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
TimP said:
I'd really like to see TM manufacturers figure out that we are wanting a machine that can actually be able to dual wand and keep up with the heat and be a heat exchange machine and be able to run high lift cause we can now use lift with glides. Come with dual 2.5 inch ports and have non restrictive plumbing....

Hey, Tim...

It's on the way. And it will be called the "Elite".

The Nemesis and the Xcel come first, however, and they're taking a bit longer than expected. The first Nemesis actually "begins" this week. And, I expect to take two weeks to complete this first one (actually, 3 of them...), due to all of the things I have planned for it. The Xcel is directly behind it... as soon as the Nemesis is in testing, the Xcel goes into first- assembly.

The Elite will have dual #45 blowers and enough heat to run 2 wands at 600 PSI, continuously, and hold 220 or more degrees, ATW... I've been planning to do it next year, but that looks like it may actually happen sooner than expected.

Like the Nemesis, the Xcel and the Elite will have patents applied for. They're that unique...[/i]

Spurling

C&S said:
how about a wand that is adjustable without restriction. so that anyone could use it no matter how tall, anyone thought about carbon fiber? lightweight yet strong. could have a stainless steel or titanium head on it. just throwing ideas out.

how about a quiet portable with less than 50 decibles that would be cool.

steambrite.com sells a portable with a muffler system

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Little Rabbit said:
[quote="bob vawter":30il8gyl]

How come when I asked you the price was $8000.00?

Did mama have a bad streak at bingo?[/quote:30il8gyl]

that WAS a special price for you.....

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
TimP said:
I'd really like to see TM manufacturers figure out that we are wanting a machine that can actually be able to dual wand and keep up with the heat and be a heat exchange machine and be able to run high lift cause we can now use lift with glides. Come with dual 2.5 inch ports and have non restrictive plumbing. Be able to meter rinse agents at any flow and self adjust. And also be in a fuel efficient small package so that we can run it in a Van and not have to pay 85 grand to buy a vortex or Aerotec. Oh not to mention with the easy and the least maintenance required as possible. I kinda hope that the Titan fills the spot, the prochem 650 and blue line thermalwave don't cut it for sure. And as far as I know a clutch drive in a van don't cut it either. I know that cleanco does pretty good for a dual wand clutch drive machine. But it's not quite ideal yet especially with fuel consumption nor in producing it's own heat to dual wand.

due you are stoned....no smaller machine can keep up with decent flow on a single wand, let alone dual...

it would choke the system back so hard, because they would need it to run under heavy loads to produce the heat...

besides...get of the pansy wagon and get a lp or kero burner, and for get a exchanger, unless its to take the chill of the water...

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
My greasiest nastiest account just replaced me with a rug doctor because twice yearly cleanings isn't cutting it.

It's an oil distributorship. The carpets are loaded with motor oil. Because I can't keep it clean all year with two cleanings, they bought the commercial rug doctor.

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
And then I will have to start with my acid rinses all over again. I had them scrubbed down to the point where I could use emulsifiers and get good dry times and better results than anybody else. I hate it when I have to start over again.

It starts out as a $700 job that takes 6 1/2 hours, and ends up being a $700 job that takes 4 hours. I'm gonna give them the third degree when they call back. I am going to add the price of whatever they paid for that unit onto their bill.

Why is it three hundred more this time? because you complicated the job by that much.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom