What percent of active ingredients and d-Limonene do most citrus cleaners have?

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt
Products like citra quick and citri solv. etc....

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Bridgepoint's Citrus Solv is 100% active ingredients, mostly food grade d'limonene which is the most expensive and consistent quality d'limonene. There are also some other solvents included to work on a broader range of soils.

I have seen products with as little as 10% d'limonene, orange oil or orange fragrance included to give the fragrance of a more concentrated product.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
AJR;

Our Dynachem Citrus-Solv is 100% d-Limonene.

http://www4.cobbcarpet.com/zen/inde...t&search_in_description=1&keyword=Citrus-Solv

It offers excellent value.

Other products we have looked at are 50 to 80% d-Limonene.

The raw material varies a lot in price,

and vendors have varied the other ingredients in response.

Larry

I know that when the price of delimonene went high that you recommended your customers use pog as a substitute.

What situations would it be better to use citrus solve instead of your pog product?

doylebloss

Supportive Member
Name
Doyle Bloss
They range from lows of around 8% to highs of 100%. There are different grades of D'Limonene too. Many of the citrus solvent boosters changed formulas when the price of D'Limonene went up by over 300%. The costs have stabilized now but are very susceptible to market conditions for D'Limonene and weather patterns in the main citrus producing areas (Florida and Brazil)

KevinL

Supportive Member
Name
Kevin Leach
I've been using citrol from national labs for years and it works great for adhesives and gum. When it went up 2 years ago from $28 a gallon to $53 I got some of cobbs citrus solve and it just doesn't work as well. It might be 100% but apparently it needs an additive. Also the gallons weren't full and I knew they couldn't be 1 gallon so I went and bought a digital scale. 1 gallon weighed 111 oz and the other was 109. For those that don't know a gallon should weigh 128 oz. When I called and told them the guy that answered the phone joked that the guy filling them is blind and doing it by feel. He also agreed that they never look full and he would send a free gallon. Never received it. I'll be sticking with the good stuff. Sorry Larry if this hurts your feelings but I'm sick of getting shorted on stuff.

idreadnought

Supportive Member
Name
Richard
I've been using citrol from national labs for years and it works great for adhesives and gum. When it went up 2 years ago from $28 a gallon to $53 I got some of cobbs citrus solve and it just doesn't work as well. It might be 100% but apparently it needs an additive. Also the gallons weren't full and I knew they couldn't be 1 gallon so I went and bought a digital scale. 1 gallon weighed 111 oz and the other was 109. For those that don't know a gallon should weigh 128 oz. When I called and told them the guy that answered the phone joked that the guy filling them is blind and doing it by feel. He also agreed that they never look full and he would send a free gallon. Never received it. I'll be sticking with the good stuff. Sorry Larry if this hurts your feelings but I'm sick of getting shorted on stuff.

A gallon is 128 oz liquid volume not 128 oz weight. I have bought thousands of dollars worth of stuff from larry. Your complaint of it not working as well is not scientific or even reasonable. 100% is 100%. I looked at his current price, it is 40% less than your supplier, Now, who is shorting who.

My hope is that your customers don't hold you to the standards that you hold others, because no one is perfect. Another hope I have for you is that when you are less than perfect next time that your customer doesn't find a public forum to flog you on.

AJR

Supportive Member
Name
Whatshisbutt

Duane Oxley

Moon Unit
Name
Duane Oxley
Hocus- pocus...

If it mixes with water, there's no way it's 100%. Terpenes are oils. They don't mix with water, unless a coupling agent (surfactant) is present.

To say it's 100% "active" isn't the same thing as 100% d- Limonene, 100% Terpenes, etc.

With the best surfactant for the task, making it water- soluble, the highest percentage of Terpenes would be about 33% and the resulting product price would be truly cost- prohibitive for most cleaners.

Back
Top Bottom