What portable

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
Need to buy a portable for a commercial account. I need a 1200 psi unit that can do both carpet and T&G, auto fill, auto pump out and good size vac motors.

Shoot me some ideas.

Lonny

Supportive Member
I like mine. EDIC commercial. 500 psi pump, two hi pro 3 stage vacs. 15 gallon solution and recovery. I added a 2" hose inlet, and another feed from the waste tank to the second motor, making it parallel instead of series. Of course then I added a third 3 stage vacuum, auto fill and dump. I have been using bucket heaters, but am waiting for a # 3 little giant.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
B&BGaryC said:
Mytee M12

The only reason I won't buy a Mytee (sorry John) is because of those JUNK pumptec motors. This porty will be on site and used alot.

The masterforce looks nice with the right features. US products is out of sight on price.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
vincent said:
B&BGaryC said:
Mytee M12

The only reason I won't buy a Mytee (sorry John) is because of those JUNK pumptec motors. This porty will be on site and used alot.

The masterforce looks nice with the right features. US products is out of sight on price.

Yep Pumptec sucks shit,(industry standard my a$$hole) but check with Masterforce first because I think they've switched from Hypro to pimptec too.

BTW- "industry standard" is a piss poor way of putting junk in machines. All manufacturers should raise the bar instead of selling the pumptec crap . Soon I'll hear the "amps" and "space lines. Just build something that lasts, not the "industry standard".

R

rotovacguy

Willy P said:
vincent said:
[quote="B&BGaryC":2nl28w00]Mytee M12

Yep Pumptec sucks shit,(industry standard my a$$hole) but check with Masterforce first because I think they've switched from Hypro to pimptec too.

BTW- "industry standard" is a piss poor way of putting junk in machines. All manufacturers should raise the bar instead of selling the pumptec crap . Soon I'll hear the "amps" and "space lines. Just build something that lasts, not the "industry standard".[/quote:2nl28w00]

Well said, Willy. Pumptec sucks balls, shit, you name it! LOL

I went through several of their pumps, before finally coughing up the coin for an external General pump. Any model you can't change the oil on is a throw away pos, imho.

Funny thing is, or actually sad, is my General was $150 cheaper then what Pumptec wanted for a "similar" General model. :lol:

Willy P

Name
Willy P
[quote="rotovacguy" Well said, Willy. Pumptec sucks balls, shit, you name it! LOL

I went through several of their pumps, before finally coughing up the coin for an external General pump. Any model you can't change the oil on is a throw away pos, imho.

Funny thing is, or actually sad, is my General was $150 cheaper then what Pumptec wanted for a "similar" General model. :lol:[/quote]

Pic is a a little off, but this my General. I'm going to do the same thing with a quick connect to the water tank - How do you hook yours up?
(BTW - 6 f'in pumptax in 5 years. The General in the machine before went 6 years with just oil changes. That speaks volumes about quality.)

generalpump.jpg

B&BGaryC

Name
B&BGaryC
What motor goes bad, how much does it cost to fix? I thought the mytee was a good choice for carpet cleaning and tile work with auto fill/dump.

Willy P

Name
Willy P
Pump head starts to leak, motor goes for a shit right after and it's just easier to replace to whole thing instead of it puking on you in a couple of months. They just aren't built to last like as General or a Hypro. I'm not that big of a Hypro either as they have cast iron heads verses brass for the General.

Name
John LaBarbera
Mytee has literally used thousands of Pumptec pumps, with very little problem. What we have found that if the unit is plumbed poorly, though it will work for a time, but it will be damaged in the long run. It is not fair to blame Pumptec for a "manufacturer" who plumbs it incorrectly. The pump didn't become the standard by having poor quality.

Never-the-less, if your minds are made up, let me ask you guys this. How do you go about changing the oil on a General inside a porty. (btw, I think General pumps are very good pumps) The other problem with an oil bath pump in a porty is if you lay the unit down on it's side it will leak oil. These are a few of the issues that a manufacturer deals with that make it difficult in choosing the "best" overall pump. We used a Cat pump for a while with an oil bath and that oil leaking when laid down was the biggest complaint, number two was the cost of a rebuild kit.

In all fairness, setting aside your preference for a minute, either pump needs to be maintained. One you change the oil the other you change the bearing. Time and cost are probably similar.

I'm very interested in your constructive comments.

R

rotovacguy

Willy, this is a pic of my main unit. It's a John Deere badged unit, made by Mi-T-M out of Iowa, with a General pump. I also have the "little brother" to this unit, it also has a general pump (not quite as high quality as big brother...but still kicks ass), albeit with less flow and pressure. Picked both up for about $1300 total. Fookin' Pump"crap" wanted about a grand for ONE of their pos units!

It just hooks to a standard garden hose, with a quick connect coming off for the pressure side. Nice handle makes carrying the beast (80+ lbs!) easier. You can also get this model mounted to a cart, but that was too bulky for my liking.

th_ac1500e_popup.jpg

Name
John LaBarbera
rotovacguy said:
Willy, this is a pic of my main unit. It's a John Deere badged unit, made by Mi-T-M out of Iowa, with a General pump. I also have the "little brother" to this unit, it also has a general pump (not quite as high quality as big brother...but still kicks ass), albeit with less flow and pressure. Picked both up for about $1300 total. Fookin' Pump"crap" wanted about a grand for ONE of their pos units!

It just hooks to a standard garden hose, with a quick connect coming off for the pressure side. Nice handle makes carrying the beast (80+ lbs!) easier. You can also get this model mounted to a cart, but that was too bulky for my liking.

th_ac1500e_popup.jpg

That is very nice. I looked up the smaller unit earlier that you said was $400.00. That was a very good price too. Is that actually a General on the smaller one? The larger one looks very good, and for the price I can see that being a General pump.

R

rotovacguy

John LaBarbera said:
Mytee has literally used thousands of Pumptec pumps, with very little problem. What we have found that if the unit is plumbed poorly, though it will work for a time, but it will be damaged in the long run. It is not fair to blame Pumptec for a "manufacturer" who plumbs it incorrectly. The pump didn't become the standard by having poor quality.

Never-the-less, if your minds are made up, let me ask you guys this. How do you go about changing the oil on a General inside a porty. (btw, I think General pumps are very good pumps) The other problem with an oil bath pump in a porty is if you lay the unit down on it's side it will leak oil. These are a few of the issues that a manufacturer deals with that make it difficult in choosing the "best" overall pump. We used a Cat pump for a while with an oil bath and that oil leaking when laid down was the biggest complaint, number two was the cost of a rebuild kit.

In all fairness, setting aside your preference for a minute, either pump needs to be maintained. One you change the oil the other you change the bearing. Time and cost are probably similar.

John, I use nothing but external pumps, so laying it on it's side is not an issue for me. Living here in Wisconsin, it's too much of a pita for a POG, like myself, to have to wheel in my Mytee every night. With an external, I can leave the big green beast in my trailer, and just carry in the pump to prevent freezing. Plus, when our humid summers start up, the last thing the base of my machine needs is more heat. Keeping the pump separated from the vac motors helps tremendously.

I've heard some on here say they have had excellent luck with Pumptec....glad to hear it. I just can't say I've had such luck with them.

Yes, John, that is a General on the smaller unit. Granted, it's not their top of the line unit, but it IS a ceramic plunger triplex pump....way better than an axial, imho. It doesn't have the brass head, but for $400, I can't complain. :mrgreen:

Name
John LaBarbera
rotovacguy said:
John LaBarbera said:

John, I use nothing but external pumps, so laying it on it's side is not an issue for me. Living here in Wisconsin, it's too much of a pita for a POG, like myself, to have to wheel in my Mytee every night. With an external, I can leave the big green beast in my trailer, and just carry in the pump to prevent freezing. Plus, when our humid summers start up, the last thing the base of my machine needs is more heat. Keeping the pump separated from the vac motors helps tremendously.

I've heard some on here say they have had excellent luck with Pumptec....glad to hear it. I just can't say I've had such luck with them.

That makes sense. Thanks.

vincent

Name
Vincent Sapp
John LaBarbera said:

General pumps are easier to maintain and service, no leaking here, costs are also inexpensive. Pumptec is way overrated IMO.

Industry standard, well then the standard needs to be raised.

If I were to buy a m12, the first then I would do is get rid on the pumptec and install a general.

R

rotovacguy

John LaBarbera said:
rotovacguy said:

th_ac1500e_popup.jpg

That is very nice. I looked up the smaller unit earlier that you said was $400.00. That was a very good price too. Is that actually a General on the smaller one? The larger one looks very good, and for the price I can see that being a General pump.

Thanks. Yeah, this one's a beast. It flows 3.2 gpm at 1500 psi. Plus the pump comes with a 5 year warranty. The smaller one is 1.75 gpm at 1250 psi, but comes with just a 1 year warranty. The pump on little brother is not as rugged, but it makes a nice backup. Heck, it makes a nice main unit. :D

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John, in a nutshell:
Flow- That's a given
Impact- Key the wand on a Pumptec, key the wand on a General or Hypro. Significantly less pressure drop. The only way to get the impact out of a pumptec is to choke down the jet size.
Longevity - 5 pumptecs in the same time as one General.
Brass vs. Aluminum - I'll take brass every time.

Yep- you don't lay them on the side, you have to change the oil every 6 months and they're damn heavy. They're not for everybody, but for a more demanding and seasoned professional, they can't be beat.I know what I want, but nobody builds the tank I envision with a General and quad vacs. I had one once, but it was lost in a fire.

Name
John LaBarbera
Willy P said:
John, in a nutshell:
Flow- That's a given
Impact- Key the wand on a Pumptec, key the wand on a General or Hypro. Significantly less pressure drop. The only way to get the impact out of a pumptec is to choke down the jet size.

Yep- you don't lay them on the side, you have to change the oil every 6 months and they're damn heavy. They're not for everybody, but for a more demanding and seasoned professional, they can't be beat.I know what I want, but nobody builds the tank I envision with a General and quad vacs. I had one once, but it was lost in a fire.

Thanks for the comments. How would you configure this new unit? How do you envision the tank set-up? What if it was modular?

Willy P

Name
Willy P
John LaBarbera said:
[quote="Willy P":36mfdjsq]John, in a nutshell:
Flow- That's a given

Thanks for the comments. How would you configure this new unit? How do you envision the tank set-up? What if it was modular?[/quote:36mfdjsq]

Here ya go John- Modular would be fine. I've seen some of the member cleaner's pics- there's more meat on a toothpick after dinner at Mikey's than there is on their arms. :lol:
Stainless recovery tank, minimum 20 gallons with a low amp pump out. 4 vacs, 2 stage in series of 2 to a parallel. The fresh tank could be plastic or rotomolded, again in the 20 gallon area, auto fill with chem draw. This wouldn't be a machine for the girly type or

Here's pics of my old Ninja that was configured in a similar fashion.Excuse the burn scars, it was in a fire.
AWESOME POWER!With the General pump and 4 vacs, it would run on 3 circuits and rival most small TM's for pressure, flow and vacuum.

The guts:

NINJA4-1.jpg

The vacuum booster:
boosterBox05-1.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom