what pressure / flow would work for tiny truck mount?

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
I bought a 13hp steam action for a back up tm to my white magic. The white magic will be down for maintenance this week. I took the steam action out on a couple jobs and was not impressed by the heat at all , the suction was suprisingly good for such a small machine. the machine really struggled to stay hot at 400psi with the 8 flow greenhorn. would using a inch and a half 2 jet wand maybe at 4 flow make any sort of differance as far as holding better heat? I can always put my northstar diesal on the truck but since this is only my back up tm Im not that worried about it.

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
Jon;

Leave the jets the size they are.

Anytime you reduce the flow thru a heat exchanger . . .

less BTU's are actually produced (even though temps increase).

I would up the engine RPM and blower lift level to generate more heat.

Larry

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
I’m not sure what Larry is saying. BTU is going to be the same at any flow. Run it at 3600 RPM, nothing more. It’s true that you end up losing heat with lower flow because it travels slower to the wand. That being said, that truckmount simply will not generate enough heat with a high flow wand except for a few weeks of Indian summer. It will probably do fine with 4 flow if you slow down the production rate. For wide open commercial work, you’ll need auxiliary heat.

Giorgio

Name
Giorgio
I would follow Larrys advice then try running 20 flow and see what happens...

worse that can happen is your out a few bucks for jets. Then again, it might be the great.

When I switched to 20 flow the temp on the machine gauge went down but the wand actually got much hotter to the touch.

Go figure

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom