What smartphone, and how long.

Lefty724

Name
E
Agreed. I wanted the note2, but opted for the galaxy s3 (same software) since the note was a tad too big for my liking. Using a Motorola Atrix HD right now for fun...

Really can't go wrong with the newer Android (jelly bean) phones IMO....

Sent from my MB886 using Tapatalk 2

Chris A

Name
Chris
I have the galaxy s3 and have been really happy with it, Im on my 3rd phone in 4 months but that's bc Im an idiot and keep dropping mine on concrete.

mwall2230

Name
Mike Wallace
I bought the new iPhone 5 when it came out and a soon as the note 2 came out I gave the iPhone 5 to my wife. I love the note 2, best phone I've ever owned and it has the largest standard battery of any phone. It last all day under heavy use.

JeffC

Name
Jeff
I had the iphone 4 for a couple years or so. I loved the iphone but HATED itunes. I bought the Note 2 a few months ago and absolutely love it so far. The iphone looks like a toy next to the Note2.
JeffC

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
Galaxy Note 1 - had it since it was pre-released last Feb. i'll never go back to a puny iPhone....or anything small again. the size makes it practical to surf the web on the go. it's also my kindle. good thing i wear cargo shorts/pants a lot. fits in the pockets of my skinny jeans to :icon_redface::p

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
I have the galaxy s3 and have been really happy with it, Im on my 3rd phone in 4 months but that's bc Im an idiot and keep dropping mine on concrete.

Is an Otter case available for that phone? I drop mine a lot with no damage.

I've had an iPhone 4S since its first release. Works for me. What do others do that it doesn't?

Had a Samsung before the iPhone. What a pos! Every Samsung product I've had was total junk.

Last edited:

Cleantechsk

Name
Dustin
galaxy s2 since release. Went through some major software changes with it 2.3 - 4 - 4.1 what a difference those made!
Waiting on the Galaxy s4 which is supposed to be announced in a few months 5" screen

joey895

Supportive Member
Name
Joey J.
Samsung galaxy nexus. I've had it almost a year. Otter box is a must.

Phone before it was HTC Incredible. It was a great phone as well. I had it for just over 2 years and would probably still have it if i hadn't dropped it from the 3rd floor of an apartment complex. Of course my wife thinks it convenient that i busted it right after my contract was up. ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Other than phone calls, emails and charging credit cards, I don't really use the smart phone for much.

We have some kind of LG phone through sprint(blows).

What cool things are you guys using the phones for? Just surfing web?

Blue Monarch

Supportive Member
Name
Dirk Wingrove
Motorola Photon. Love it. When I was looking into phones, it was the phone of choice for me. Went in to Sam's to buy it and they told me to wait two weeks as it would be $0.96 then. What a deal!

If I had to buy a phone today though, it would be the Samsung Galaxy S3.

Iphones are out of the question for me personally. The inability to add memory, swap a battery and their disregard for industry standardization of chargers are all deal breakers for me.

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
galaxy s2 since release. Went through some major software changes with it 2.3 - 4 - 4.1 what a difference those made!
Waiting on the Galaxy s4 which is supposed to be announced in a few months 5" screen

My wife has an S2, does it have jelly bean yet? If so, do you like it or does it run slow??

Becker

Name
Becker
Is the Note 2 the thing that is the size of a many tablet?

My weekly poker buddy has one, she loves it. But my god, the thing is huge.

So what I'm wondering.. How long do you keep a phone on avg?

Me, I upgrade every 1.5- 2 years, unless something breaks, but knock on wood. My phones don't leave the store before they are dropped into a defender.

Alex and I both have the iphone5, and my 2nd line is a 4s..

boazcan

Name
Bryan C
Htc thunderbolt, 2 yrs, been a great phone but the recent software update slowed it down to a crawl. Ive just been researching new phones. The new htc one is supposed to be out in a few weeks.

Sent from my GT-P5113

SamIam

Name
sam miller
I had the iphone4 got a buy back from best buy so I got a $200 gift card and with all my reward zone points I paid $7.50 for the 5 with an otterbox priced matched from amazon.

On a brighter note my son has the S3 and I do have screen envy, but good god the note is a mini tablet, Between Labron and Mike I might have to shot myself from all my inadequacies.

PS I love my iphone 5

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

steve g

Name
steve garrett
I use the samsung s3. its been my best smartphone to date by a long shot. the camera is a amazing, heck I the video of me on the snowmobile job pulling that visqueen out at the end was shot with my S3. unless the light is really fading the samsung just about matches a dedicated regular camera. with drop box pics are on my computer when I walk in the door and my phone hooks up to wifi. its been SOOOOOO nice with water damage. all those pics are right there when I want to attach them. no more running out to the truck and getting the camera plugging it in and waiting for it to upload. or worse yet forgetting the camera in the first place when going to the job. the S3 does have some quirks but with the jelly bean update the phone IMO runs as it was always intended. it had alot more issues before jelly bean. however if I was looking for a new phone I think I would look really hard at the note 2. I like big phones. the i phone is way way too small.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom