What to do...Akward Position

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
So go to do Estimate the other day..New one for me..Felt terrible for her as a human being but also got to think from logical/business standpoint here.

Gal is wheelchair bound...36..not sure what health problems are...I go into apartment to the MOST awful ammonia smell i have ever smelled it made my eyes water. Almost turned around and left but she was proceeding to crawl out of her bedroom with a blanket draped over her. She said she spends most of the day on the computer..crawls around alot instead of using wheelchairs...

as you can tell from pick....that is in front of the computer...lots of poop..there is a 5x8 area that is has to be just puree urine soaked...i can't even guess how deep...

she is in complete denial...said it's all food and beverage spills?? ha...sorry it's not funny but come on lady..i'm trying to work with u here and help u out...her vacuum wasn't doing well...she has DOUSED the carpet with vinegar and baking soda for odor and her NICE vacuum was all plugged and coated underneath with POOP, wet and chunky baking soda and only God knows what else...not cleaning for her for 2 or 3 weeks and we cleaned her vac SPOTLESS...she wants it back but no way lady...either wait till we clean it or rip it out to put a nice vac on it..

Stanley tried to clean it and got none of the yellow out...insulted her and laughed at her (which i'm guessing was to get her to not call back) she called SS boss and he said we can't clean it but we can clean ur couch..haha couch looks brand new...ha!

so my dad (my boss) is trying to ignore confrontation...she gave us her dads cell number for estimate..my dad calls him and asked if any incontinence problems of peeing or pooping on carpet. he said that she said absolutely not it's soda and food spills by computer...and that they have sprayed vinegar and baking soda to "freshen" up the room..my dad doesn't want to call this guys daughter a liar but i gotta take action here...

my dad says by $20 shop vac get gloves on...vacuum up all that poop...toss the shop vac...no prespray...rinse only...scrub with 175 and rinse heavy again...i don't even know what to do...call dhs..or her landlord?? i do alot of work for her landlord and should probably inform her this lady is going to causing some damage to subflooring and who knows what else..

the odor is so unreal in this place...lady is home alllll the time...pees and poops on the carpet...but does not want to give up yet in life and wants to try and live still on her own...she says just make it better..she says she understands stains will not all come out...no shit huh lady...

so advice please?? call landlord..give her vacuum back and run??

please help..

i'm trying to be as compassionate as possible as a human being but come on i either have to just walk away or take some drastic measures or somethin...should i call her dad back and have him meet me to look at it?? she is going to leave apartment for 24 hours when we clean so she won't crawl around on the carpet...

IMAG0264.jpg

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: What to do...Awkward Position

YOU...put a rag over your FACE...or a respirator....!!!!!!

And you do the BEST DAMN JOB you have ever done in your LIFE.... :!:

Go home sanitize your equipment.... :!:
Take a shower....!

And wake up tomorrow.....THANKING GOD.... :!:
That you don't have to wake-up everyday in her situation... :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Situation like this....Give us a OPPERTUNITY to help someone ....in a way that is UNIQUE... :idea:
This is ONE of those times in your cleaning PROFESSION...That you can do something that REALLY MATTERS..!

ps You should TAG here account ...And call her EVERY month..."To make sure she hasn't SPILLED
anymore SODA..!" EVEN offer her a DISCOUNT...on a maintaince plan... :!:

pss "I PERSONALLY"...would go to office depot & buy her a plastic pad..for under her computer..
Then she could MANAGE the "SPILLED SODA EPISODE'S" herself... :idea:

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Obviously you can't do a scrub-and-run on that one. It is time for you to use a carpet cleaning machine. If you've never used one, they're simple: Spray the area down with Quatalot and steam clean it out. You will be amazed.

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
Amen brother...My Girlfriend says NO WAY you are NOT cleaning this...you will get every disease in the book and staph infections and hepatitus and whatever else....

I said come on honey..mask and gloves...I like challenges and I AM patient enough to work on it and determined enough to get it as good as POSSIBLE!!!!

SO HWE only?? i need to somehow get that baking soda out...vacuum everything but the poop?? as long as it's not yet??

Enzymes Pre spray? Nuc-it with 40 Vol?? 02 with Hot sauce? Or what what and what??

RIGHT when I'm done flush hose and machine with 5 gallon buckets of Hot water and microban?? bleach??

I'm looking to excel on this one guys..

jstucky

Name
Jordan Stucky
So no Glide?

I've got the EVO wand with Slot glide I believe..

West Pack with no glide is wounded..i may have to fix it..

My Cobra wand only has 100 psi valve on it..

Should I almost use one of our EDIC Five stars on it?? (Rug Dr. Style) Instead of getting my hoses and dirty water tank absolutely nasty??

Bob Foster

Maybe get the biggest chair mat you can from a office supply store and put it under and around the desk. It might help a bit. Sell her on the idea that her wheelchair will roll easier too.

joe harper

Name
joe harper
Re: What to do...Awkward Position

The PRACTICAL solution is to ....

Call a carpet store...have them CUT out the affected area & replace with a vinyl
remnant... :idea:

The landlord is going to HAVE TO REPLACE ANYWAY...!
This will contain the problem area..for SANITARY purposes.... !gotcha!

YOU CANNOT HANDLE THIS ISSUE WITH A PORTY....."I DGAS how good you are."
YOU NEED A BIGGER HAMMER in this situation... :!:

FredC

Village Idiot
Is she hot? You didn't say..........

I'd probably tell her/her dad that the bacteria growth due to the food/beverage spills could not be eliminated due to the level of contamination in the pad, which is not cleaned, at this point and offer to patch/bonded insert the area for a small fee provided she signed a waiver...........or at the very least give her the same out and do a subsurface extraction of the area......or since it is against the wall pull it back, replace the pad, seal the sub, soak and extract the carpet, and install a barrier under the new pad. ....

THERE IS NO REASON for anybody to be a "liar" here.........

I would not insert myself into the situation otherwise.......not this one anyway
no reason to call Social services.........
the landlord has remedies........

^^^^I actually think that is the smartest thing I've ever heard harper say.....of course I would't refer it out. If I felt that was the best option I would probably, at that point, notify the landlord of my intentions, grab a remnant from lowes, and she would have some vinyl to roll around/poop on.

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
IMAG0264.jpg
[/quote]

That seems like too perfect of a pattern to be from multiple poop events, yet too much poop for one pooping.
You need to get to the "bottom" of this.

Joel D

Name
Joel Darker
Come on that carpet has to be ripped out. Not saying you need to be the one to do it. There is no point in cleaning it if its going to get ruined again in a day anyway. There is stuff everywhere.
This is her families responsibility first. If she refuses help then hard floors are the only option.

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
You are a pansy ass.

Just clean and deo the carpet and quit making such a big deal out of it.

You should of seen the retirement home here after the flu came through last year.

(I still can't figure out how they got crap 5 foot high splatters on the door frames and wall of many of the apartments.)

It makes this look very, very insignificant.

You are a carpet cleaner. Your job is to take care of all types of problems and situations.

This should be no different.

Handle it and quite being so prissy.

Are you a newbie or what?

Chris A

Name
Chris
jstucky said:
She said she spends most of the day on the computer..crawls around alot instead of using wheelchairs...

as you can tell from pick....that is in front of the computer...lots of poop..

Sounds like Bawbs house...

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I'm with Joakum on this one

It ain't no big fckin' deal....just go clean the sh1t and "improve" the woman's environment .
It's just that simple

Charge additional for your equipment clean-up ...or don't

I'm curious what her chair looks like though.. :shock:

..L.T.A.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Steam clean deodorize and disinfect and as Bob mention put down a plastic mat so next time it won't be as bad.

Shit happens, this is nothing compared to sewage backflow.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I have seen a lot worse and without thinking about it too much, I simply cleaned it the best I could.

Forget about vacuuming. Start nuke-ing it with deodorizer and enzyme prespray water claw the worst areas. The rest of the carpet where it isn't that bad just pretreat heavy and do nice slow FLUSHING strokes.

I second the statement- You NEED a truckmount to get it done.

Dmreed4311

Supportive Member
Name
David Reed
I would clean it the best I could and then thank GOD for my health and when I got home I would hug my kids.

Walt

I'm impressed with the replies on this thread. Most guys would run from this, or insult the poor lady.

We've got some real professionals on this board - ready to rise to the challenge and really help someone. Almost makes me misty eyed. This is why Stanley and ChemDry will never have anything on industrious and caring owner operators.

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
talk to whathisbutt about the deo bucket and get in there and do what ever it takes to help this poor woman out....

with her condition and being wheel chair bound she may not even know when she has to go to the bath room let alone if she even went...

never the less she does not need to be crawling around in it.....

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Walt said:
I'm impressed with the replies on this thread. Most guys would run from this, or insult the poor lady.

We've got some real professionals on this board - ready to rise to the challenge and really help someone. Almost makes me misty eyed. This is why Stanley and ChemDry will never have anything on industrious and caring owner operators.

Like many have said just clean it. It's just comes with the profession you have chosen. (It can't all be clean carpets and clients with ogles of money.)

You might consider that posting pics of a client's home without permission and discussing a situation that is likely embarrassing to the client on an open discussion board. Can be a good way to bring litigation to your company.

Not very professional.

Sometimes you have to suck it up and be discrete.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I actually offer a completely free of charge cleaning to mentally or physically disabled people from time to time.

I believe my power in a situation like this, is to be able to help out the person, to get their living area healthier.

If they (or their families) would like to "donate" towards the cleaning I just thank them for it.

Name
jack zerkie
Not trying to top that , a few months past, cleaned a section 8 for a good client. The carpet had over 6 areas like that. I loaded it with cobbs pre spray let it dwell then flooded it with the solution line wide open, then used a large flood tool to extract, some ares three times. The carpet cleaned up great. I finished with lots of quat, let dry on its own no fans. Some jobs you just remember over others. jz.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
And you guys call ME a hack for OPing fairly clean carpet?

If anyone attempts to just "clean" that and leave should be ashamed of themselves.

That crap is soaking down to whatever floor is underneath it and you are not getting it out ....I don't care what kind of super duper machine you think you have.

You could "clean" it....But you can't just leave it at that... once you're into the situation.

Photos are bad for telling people what to do...But from the description you need to clean it the best you can, rip it out and leave a bare floor....after you treat the floor. Then let them decide the type of cover they want for it.

The only reason for cleaning it first is so you don't throw crap all over the room while ripping it out.

Crap is easy in and not so easy out.

shame shame shame.

Tear the carpet out.......or don't do anything. If it's a charity case so be it.....But do it right for crying outloud.

Bob Foster

Walt said:

True that Walt. But then look at this sick remark from this snot-nosed punk made in light of this sad situation. That has to be one of the most tasteless remarks I have ever seen on this board.

FredC said:
Is she hot? You didn't say..........

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
Brian R said:
And you guys call ME a hack for OPing fairly clean carpet?

If anyone attempts to just "clean" that and leave should be ashamed of themselves.

That crap is soaking down to whatever floor is underneath it and you are not getting it out ....I don't care what kind of super duper machine you think you have.

You could "clean" it....But you can't just leave it at that... once you're into the situation.

Photos are bad for telling people what to do...But from the description you need to clean it the best you can, rip it out and leave a bare floor....after you treat the floor. Then let them decide the type of cover they want for it.

The only reason for cleaning it first is so you don't throw crap all over the room while ripping it out.

Crap is easy in and not so easy out.

shame shame shame.

Tear the carpet out.......or don't do anything. If it's a charity case so be it.....But do it right for crying outloud.

Spoken like a true diaper spinner.

Trying to justify having just one method.

Sure, it can't be OPed.

But, it can be rinsed out, clawed out etc...To make her situation much better. It doesn't make sense to rip it out because more accidents are bound to occur. Sure it should be replace before the next tenant.

In the mean time make it a more sanitary environment for her and repeat cleaning as necessary.

Improve her quality of life.

After all it's not much worse than cleaning after a large dog ( heard about a large dog on TV that had 4lb movements. My little dog weighs just 1/2 lb more than that.) and we all clean up dog messes several a week.

Why do they dogs crap while walking in circles anyway? O'well...........

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Who said anything about OPing it? Dave, read my post again and you can have permission to respond.

I'm not sure how it will make her environment any more sanitary by adding more fluids to the mix.

Cleaning carpet is one thing.....Trying to suck crap from underneath is another.

Funny how you use "diaper" spinner in your insult....Irony.

:lol:

Goomer

Name
Frank Mendo
jstucky said:
but does not want to give up yet in life and wants to try and live still on her own...she says just make it better..

Believe it or not, doing anything more than that may just make her life more complicated than it already is.
Help her out and give her what she wants.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
Brian R said:
Who said anything about OPing it? Dave, read my post again and you can have permission to respond.

I'm not sure how it will make her environment any more sanitary by adding more fluids to the mix.

Cleaning carpet is one thing.....Trying to suck crap from underneath is another.

Funny how you use "diaper" spinner in your insult....Irony.

:lol:

You are not allowed to post on this thread Brian.

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Here is what I would do with the job:

PPE as you see fit, cut out shit soaked carpet, seal subfloor, replace pad, patch in carpet, get her a plastic mat for the desk, clean the rest of the room, and antimicrob it.

But that's just me 8)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom