What truck mounts systems do you reccommend?

KOOSER55

Im looking into getting a truck mount system that is good enough to do get the job done but also easy to maintain and if something breaks done on the machine it wont take weeks to get fixed... any ideas

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Mike, do you want a REAL Truck Mount or one that jus bolts into the back of the van....?

TimP

I recommend the CDS, Cleanco, Butler systems for pto machines. If you want simple easy and reliable. Now the blueline, prochem, and hydramaster make good machines. A lot of guys like Power Clean, Judson etc. Actually they are all pretty good. The main thing is that you get one that is put in right, installation is the biggest since a good installer should be good at servicing the machine too. There are some machines that are problematic and that would probably be a better question because there are far more good machines than bad ones. If you find one you're interested in you should ask if they had problems on the BB's which should help you with your buying decision.

KOOSER55

I would assume that a real truck mount is better and more costly then a bolt on one? I really dont care which one i wanna get one that will get the job done and wont have me rescheduling jobs left and right. How do i find a local installer or company that fixes them around here?

the machine i has was only 150 psi with no heater when i started, i depended on good checmicals and going over areas over and over again, i would imagine with a better machine and good chemical mixture it would cut dont my job times

matt sheppard

check the butler website, they have a classified section where guys sell used models. theres a guy in nottingham,md that has a used 2003 for $18k. thats a pretty good deal. i really like the machines,very reliable,easy to maintain(butler has a printed maintainance schedule), and their tech people can troubleshoot it over the phone. it also cleans real well, good heat and vac

matt

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
I won't slam a Butler cause they are good machines...however they DO have pods, limit switches and solenoids all of which usually stop working when yor on a job....then wait for a BUTLER MECHANIC can be frustrating....jus buy a unit that don break down.....ever!

Greenie

My vision is a fairly priced all stainless slide in that is as reliable as a PTO unit, and easier to work on if need be.

Oh...and it would be nice if it burned 1/2 the fuel.

Scott Hayward

Mike,

Call or look at Larry Cobbs machines or feel free to call me.

Easy to work on and if there is a break down and there are no carpet cleaning repair shops in your area and you can't repair something...

A lawn and garden/Koehler or Honda engine repair place can work on the engine.

A muffler shop can fix any muffler problems.

A pressure washing supply place can provide you with any lines that need to be fixed.

Scott

Chads

Supportive Member
Go get a Judson if you want quality, that you can work on with out a engineering degree and want a ton of performance.

Name
Eric Valentine
Give Les Jones a call. The Judson TNT has been in production for well over 25 years, and are very simple to repair (no complicated stuff on it), and most parts would be available locally. Any small engine shop can fix the engine. Any distributor with even a basic repair shop can easily fix anything else. If you are not afraid to wrench on your own machine, almost any repair can be done by you if you have a little mechanical aptitude.

Les can be reached at 864-233-6442. Get a sample of the O2 system if you haven't tried it yet.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
only one that i KNOW to be bullet proof is the Steam Genie Direct Drive...

i jus HAPPEN ta know where one is AT right now!

You didn't think i was gonna say Rug Doctor...did ya?

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Be there, or be Square!

I didn't get my nappy today but i'll hang as long as i can.....

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
Yes Matt..yor machine is.... K I L L A for real! I posted to you that i REALLY lik it...can't do better than a BIGGER Steam Genie!!!

Yor brochures
need a little more color in them though..no biggie!

I was telling Tom at Modernistic this morning about yor machine!

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Bob - after well over 100 Butlers putting on 3000-4000 hours each being run by guys with little mechanical aptitude I don't know that we have ever had a prob with those things. Butlers just keep running and running. After 5 years we sell them for well over half the initial purchase price and have had many tell us they get another 5-8 years out of them with little problem.

Ken

steve g

Name
steve garrett
Ken Snow said:
Bob - after well over 100 Butlers putting on 3000-4000 hours each being run by guys with little mechanical aptitude I don't know that we have ever had a prob with those things. Butlers just keep running and running. After 5 years we sell them for well over half the initial purchase price and have had many tell us they get another 5-8 years out of them with little problem.

Ken

everyone does seem real happy with the butlers, but am I the only one that thinks the unit takes up way more space in the van than needed?? its seems like once the butler is put in, you barely have room to haul an air mover. I would think they should be able to better use the space they are taking up

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Steve- we use the standard 1 ton van, get a 55 gallon drum inside the back have all the shelves and all day waste tank and we can still put a portable inside and (as needed) and a few blowers.

Granted it is not a box truck, though we have a Butler box as well, but we get tons of stuff in them.

Ken

Chris A

Name
Chris
if you get the extended van it seems to be a lot better. I'm looking at one in a Ford Super Cargo van.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
I would recommend the White Magic direct drive unit which is like a Butler but more powerful, but your local supplier (The Cleaners Closet) has gotten terrible reviews from a White Magic poster here. In any event that is the system you should look at for a largely residential client base if you can establish a large following and want to focus on job order processing and not machine repair.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom