What Was The Biggest Waste $$ On A Seminar, Program, Etc.?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
What Was The Biggest Waste $$ On A Seminar, Program, Etc. you ever did?
Mine was a whopper....

$6k in 1999 for a "waste management" seminar. Here i thought i was going to learn how to save customers money through recycling programs. Made perfect sense being in the commercial cleaning industry.

Nope, it was all about becoming a broker. Although i definitely learned some about commercial sales/marketing, could have learned that same info for a whole lot less.:icon_redface:

Wish i bought stock in google instead...

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I sent a guy for training back east to learn how to do "CleanSpace" crawl space covering. You use 20- mil poly and with their system anchors and it turns an dirty environment in a clean dry one.

We just never did a thing with it. We became a little shy because of the definition of confined space. If it qualified it would throw a monkey wrench in process.

Flight, lodging, meals and time. Oh well, so it goes.

Ceiling cleaning was a worse bath but that was my father, not me.

Reactions: GCCLee

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
I'd have to say it was the one Florida Connections I attended in Orlando. Long expensive flight, expensive hotel. The only value was talking to other attendees, and there weren't enough there to have bothered.

Get rich quick seminars are about as useful as watching someone pull a slot machine handle.

Reactions: GCCLee

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
The UPH class that Interlink held about 8 years ago....

seemed like the guy got stuck for 2 days on the mating habits of the silk worm and how the cocoon is formed....where they come from...how the harvest them and how they are spun into material....If I wanted to know all that I can turn on the Discovery channel.....

Teach me how to clean it................

GCCLee

Supportive Member
Name
C. Lee
Lol,
This is a worthy thread !

First 3 posts were excellent lessons of what mot to do.

Thanks a Million for sharing these battle wounds guys!

ruff

Name
Ofer Kolton
The UPH class that Interlink held about 8 years ago....

seemed like the guy got stuck for 2 days on the mating habits of the silk worm and how the cocoon is formed....where they come from...how the harvest them and how they are spun into material....If I wanted to know all that I can turn on the Discovery channel.....

Teach me how to clean it................

Just press on the trigger, move pmf tool in straight, smooth long movements.
Repeat. :winky:

Yep, lots of the IICRC (was it?) classes, were rich on fluff and short on the important stuff. Good for beginners, worthless for actual cleaning.
The advanced classes now available are much better.

Last edited:

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
Spotting class...
One third of the time spent reading from a book.

One third - being showed around the showroom looking at all the chems we could buy.

One third spent with four other morons and a piece of rug, hands on. 45 seconds into the spotting demo every chem in the bag was all over every spot...................

F

FB7777

Industry related , it's tough to say... I have always learned something , whether it be from the teacher or from other students during breaks and after class.

In my early 20 s I bought into one of the those traveling " FREE " One Day Only Real Estate foreclosure seminars and bought the " limited supply " Manuals in the back of the room for $499

Forget who the huckster was, I beleive he was somewhere between Dave Deldotto and Tommy Wu

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
Industry related , it's tough to say... I have always learned something , whether it be from the teacher or from other students during breaks and after class.

In my early 20 s I bought into one of the those traveling " FREE " One Day Only Real Estate foreclosure seminars and bought the " limited supply " Manuals in the back of the room for $499

Forget who the huckster was, I beleive he was somewhere between Dave Deldotto and Tommy Wu

LOL

I had the one from Carleton Sheets, my friend gave it to me though. Forgot about that one... :bullshit:

Name
Dale Compton
Think it was a set of cd's maybe?

Couple good ideas but some wacky ones also...

For me it had to be tapes. I bought them in like 1990. lol
This one time, at some kind of business trade show type thing in Nashville, me and a buddy of mine also bought a ceiling tile cleaning business. This would have been around 1993-'94. That was about $4k. We cleaned one Shoney's. It was terrible.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom