What weight oil for blowers and pumps?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
This topic has been discussed in the past, but I can't find it.

What type & weight oil do you use for pumps and DSL blowers?

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
Storm Warning said:
For the vac blower our distributor uses Aeon PD its a synthetic, Cat pump oil for the solution pump.

It's available at most distributors.

Thanks, Richard. I was trying to avoid a one-hour round trip to my distributor for a little oil that I might have on hand or can get five minutes away at auto supply.

FredC

Village Idiot
straight 30 weight non detergent

edit; I didn't finish reading after pump yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad.. but Larry Cobb is right on the blower...30wt is too thin

John Olson

Name
John Olson
don't put 30 weight in your cat pump. You can get away with it in your blower but I wouldn't put it in the cat.
If you are going to handle all your own servicing just order up enough for 2 changes. When you use the last one order it again. You should only need to change the blower and pump every 500 hours. We call it a 400 hour service because when we told people 500 they didn't come in until 600 so we tell them 400 and they come in around 500.

I do not recommend putting anything in other then factory recommended products but as a supplier I am always going to err on the side of caution.

FredC

Village Idiot
caution is fine I guess...........especially if there is a warranty in place

but I don't think any pump I have ever been associated with whether I owned it or I was involved in the maintenance of through an employer has had anything other than straight 30 in it. Never knew it was an issue............and never noticed any premature failures

Name
Nate W.

Johnny

Supportive Member
Name
Johnny
The Cat oil bottle sez ISO 68. The SAE equivalent is 20W.

Made the trec across the river to my disty for kosher oil.

Thanks to all who responded.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
I've never had a blower failure ('cept for when some dckhEd didn't tighten the drain plug and it ran dry)
Don't ask who the dckhEd was.... yes, I really clean up pet shit for a living Dad..

I hear about blower failures and wonder why..cause they're by far the most durable component on a TM..and will take quite a bit of abuse

anyway, I've used nothing but 80wt gear oil in the blowers
my last TM had over 12,000 hours on the original blower (Roots 45)
never did a thing to it 'cept change the GEAR oil once in awhile and gave the bearing a shot of grease every now and then
i use synthetic gear oil now and that's the only thing I do different in 21 years

a TM is ALWAYS above 32 degrees
and runs in an ambient temp environment well above 100 degrees

30wt non detergent in the pump

..l.T.A.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom