what would u do if the owner has limited budget?

bahrahm

i had bid for polishing 41,000 sf concrete floor ( remove VCT, grinding, repair damaged floor, honing, dye, densifies, polishing up to 800 grits) for $145,000.00 but the owner has only $120,000.00. so i told him $127,500.00 this is best i can do. then he said he can do that with price. i said ..then u should go for cheap company who can do. i know it takes ton of time, experience and good equipments. also location is 6 hrs away from my place.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I would rather sit at home and go broke then work myself broke.

Only thing you did wrong was dropping your price 18k in the first place. If you give me a bid for $145k and come back 18k lower I am not sure I could trust you since it looks like you where trying to rip me off with your first bid. Not saying thats what you were doing just playing devils advocate.

If you decided to give him a 1-5k break if he help with the labor is one thing but 18k is a HUGE chunk of change and if you think about like I just posted I think you will see the same thing too

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
I agree with John, easier to sit at home than work your ass off for nothing.

What if you did less for the same price? Cut back on sq/ft or processes, change the scope of the job to fit what he can afford. ???

Chris A

Name
Chris
bahrahm said:
i had bid for polishing 41,000 sf concrete floor ( remove VCT, grinding, repair damaged floor, honing, dye, densifies, polishing up to 800 grits) for $145,000.00 but the owner has only $120,000.00. so i told him $127,500.00 this is best i can do. then he said he can do that with price. i said ..then u should go for cheap company who can do. i know it takes ton of time, experience and good equipments. also location is 6 hrs away from my place.

What's YOUR cost on the job. Only you can know. Then, is the amount left over enough for you to feel like you've made enough. I don't know a thing about concrete, so those numbers mean nothing to me, but I know if I routed 150k on a job and was countered at 120, considering 30% profitability would still leave me 20k profit on the job. Not as profitable, but still Money in the bank.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Find out their budget amd scope the job to fit it rather than walk away from 120k.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Derek

Supportive Member
Name
Derek
i could do that in 3 hours with my Cimex, i'd charge 100k. never made 33k/hour before :p

seriously tho, i can't offer any help. i've never done that type of work before and it is a tad too big of a job for my little company :shock:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
What he is talking about is $$$$$$$ to do. The cost for the diamonds alone would make most of you guys choke and your wives very jealous. Corect me if I am wrong but your cost will be over $3 a foot and you bid $3.53 which is between 14-18% margin and you came back $3.10 which is a 1.5-3.33% Profit if everything goes exactly to plan.

Am I close? been awhile since I had anything to do with concrete.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Actually John industrial grade diamonds are not that expensive and are not something to make women jealous- though I wouldn't make that kind of sexist remark myself anyway :mrgreen:

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It's for the AMOUNT of diamonds that will be used....and if you told your wife you spend 20k + on diamonds to scratch a floor I think she might have an issue with that especially if you didn't bring home a big chunk of change.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Any expense should have that in mind and has nothing to do with diamonds or a "wife" to me. I have no idea what this guys costs would be to do abjob like that but just like carpet cleaning I'm sure a profit can be made at various price points.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Ken Snow said:
Any expense should have that in mind and has nothing to do with diamonds or a "wife" to me. I have no idea what this guys costs would be to do abjob like that but just like carpet cleaning I'm sure a profit can be made at various price points.
Um....ok. You just flapping your virtual lips just to flap them as I don't see what your trying to turn into an argument... Ivebeensold

Able 1

Name
Keith

If John is correct here with the profit margins, NO WAY IN HELL I would have moved a penny on your price. Guy's (not me) make that a square ft. for cleaning carpet. :shock:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom