What would you do?

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Each person running a wand can easily clean moderately soiled commercial carpet at a pace of 1200 plus sq ft an hour and frankly that is low. This is why the vast majority of commercial carpet in large facilities is cleaned well under .10 a ft. Like Richard said the number starts higher in the early hours and will naturally drop as 6,8,10 hours .

Exactly Ken what I was going to say. When we clean this large surface and have it under constant maintenance by us, its not the same as having to show up at Hilton Las Vegas where they have the connection trade show and clean that mess of a carpet. That would take all day to clean 5000sqft...its so dirty.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Too many variables, who is running the wand, a young kid, some one in shape that can really hump that wand or an older guy?

In wide open areas back in the day I could clean 2,000sq/ft an hour but not for much more than an hour or two. It was also my family's company, you won't see many tech's willing to take a beating unless there is some serious compensation for them.

And anytime you want to have a serious conversation about HWE I'd be glad to do that with you. Yes I do get missed up in your method battles but part of it I do as entertainment because I don't think you are serious.

When you want to be serious just start the thread and that's all I will be, no games. I have a feeling we will just agree to disagree.

I've been cleaning since I was 12-yrs old and the HWE method is the best I've seen in general, in some situations low moisture is better but in general it's HWE.

If in fact air cell was better why would I not switch?

Those machines are such a low investment I'd buy a dozen of them, I could sell off my fleet to cargo vans and go all Ford Transit Connects. I'd save on vehicle fuel bills and maintenance, save on repairs and the fuel on all my TM's.

I'd do it in a second if I truly thought it were better, but I don't believe they are.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
10 hrs. x 2 wands = 40000 sq. ft.

Yo...last time I checked 7 am to 7:30 pm was a little more than the 10 hours you keep bringing up. And I said 1500-1600sqft per.
read mardie and calculate before constantly try to discredit us.

Why the hell do you try so hard to turn threads into these arguments all the time??
We are happy for your previously unheard success! You could be incredible if you got more experience
with other methods so you wouldn't feel the need to knock it all the time.

Last edited:

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
I would walk away too! He made the mistake the cost should be on him. At least supply some labor.

A-Team

Name
Jamie
I too find it difficult to see how a mistake of that magnitude could be made unless it was some admin stuff up when transposing or calculating the numbers.

I would have walked in this situation for sure given their inability to take responsibility for their own error. Obviously you can't blame him for asking the question but once you said no, he should have got real and taken it on the chin. In most cases whether it's a customer or brother-in-law they will always treat you with less respect in the future. People who are hard asses only respect strength IMO So I think good on you, I can't imagine it was an easy decision to make with family involved.

It does beg the question why he refused to consider Encap given his circumstance. That raised a few questions in my mind.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I too find it difficult to see how a mistake of that magnitude could be made unless it was some admin stuff up when transposing or calculating the numbers.

I would have walked in this situation for sure given their inability to take responsibility for their own error. Obviously you can't blame him for asking the question but once you said no, he should have got real and taken it on the chin. In most cases whether it's a customer or brother-in-law they will always treat you with less respect in the future. People who are hard asses only respect strength IMO So I think good on you, I can't imagine it was an easy decision to make with family involved.

It does beg the question why he refused to consider Encap given his circumstance. That raised a few questions in my mind.

He wouldn't mind encap...its the building managment company that doesn't wana see that. They had enough of chemwho and another dry typed company for a few years and strictly want steam cleaning.. especially after seeing the way the carpets popped clean after steam cleaning.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
The only reason you see me as knocking HWE is because when i bring to light the problems associated with HWE in debate on this bb no body wants to address it or aknowledge it and then it always turns into a method pissing match. Seems the only way a non HWE extraction user can have a civil debate on this board is to just agree that HWE is all good which is :bullshit:

Dude are you going to make me go through the problems associated with foam cleaning??? cuz like i said I use to do it...and we made up all the good excuses as well...

but that was like 25-30 years ago...and if i gotta rack my brain...ima gonna be pissed...View attachment 1469

just agree to disagree...and understand yours has quiet a few issues/limitations as well...

NO ONES method is the end all be all....

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
The only reason you see me as knocking HWE is because when i bring to light the problems associated with HWE in debate on this bb no body wants to address it or aknowledge it and then it always turns into a method pissing match. Seems the only way a non HWE extraction user can have a civil debate on this board is to just agree that HWE is all good which is :bullshit:

Dude are you going to make me go through the problems associated with foam cleaning??? cuz like i said I use to do it...and we made up all the good excuses as well...

but that was like 25-30 years ago...and if i gotta rack my brain...ima gonna be pissed...View attachment 1469

just agree to disagree...and understand yours has quiet a few issues/limitations as well...

NO ONES method is the end all be all....

Your experience comes from 25-30 years ago ? LOL things have changed since then Ya know. I would never make a claim that one method is best for all.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
and yet you imply that, here and on your website....

did you not take marketing 101....

never attack your competitor....only show why your different...

pinosan

Name
Martin
Well, what I can do for you at that price is a maintenance cleaning (encap) and charge you for the stairs separately at the agreed price it should save you lots pf money an
your carpet will look great. If you would like me to steam clean the entire facility I will be more than happy to do it for the price we agreed upon which is .10 sqft and your total is $$$$
keep in mind that I'm not changing the price it is just you have more carpet than yuo thought. I would consider maintenance cleaning as many of my clients are very happy with the results and again, it saves you money.

no way you can do HWE for six cents. at least not me. Even at then cents I would do it fast and no dry pass.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
I wouldn't even consider doing that much sq.ft. at that low of price. If I was going to do 2800 worth of work with 2 people, I would have to complete it within 14 hours or I wouldn't waste my time. If I gave away those stairs for free, I would basically be giving up 500 bucks. Your Brother in Law doesn't respect you.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
I tried selling them on encap/padcap but they want the truckmount cleaning.

This was part of the problem.

You can setup and do the entry ways or major high traffic areas w/ hwe and do the rest w/ encap, and no one would bitch about it. When you start to sell anything (since we are not lawyers and doctors) they always w/ what "they" know "best or only" know aka hwe. Esp @ .06-.10 sqft.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
This was part of the problem.

You can setup and do the entry ways or major high traffic areas w/ hwe and do the rest w/ encap, and no one would bitch about it. When you start to sell anything (since we are not lawyers and doctors) they always w/ what "they" know "best or only" know aka hwe. Esp @ .06-.10 sqft.

I couldn't do that if the agreement was steam clean all! Not to mention the fact that the on site maintenance boss was on our 6 the whole time...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom