What would you do?

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Maybe You can rent your machine to Your brother in law for say a $1000 and let hem clean while you supervise lol. Hay bro You missed a spot!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
And to think that Zee has been known to call other cleaners HACKS . Maybe their is more to this thread than what is being told .

You know... I started typing three times here, to respond to you... Not worth my time. Hack.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Why wouldn't you be able to do it? Start at 7am go without stopping until around 12, eat lunch hit the restroom (20-30min) Get the machines up and running and work till 7-730pm. You are done. Only time you stop is to empty waste tanks. An occasional quick snack bite and drink that takes 2minutes is what you need to keep going. (while a helper moves hoses or presprays etc.)
We used to do a large corporate office and 4 of us would clean those numbers once a month. It was killer, hands would hurt, my feet had sweat through my socks and I was toast when I finally dragged home. I felt shaky the rest of night, I was so glad when we lost that contract!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
We used to do a large corporate office and 4 of us would clean those numbers once a month. It was killer, hands would hurt, my feet had sweat through my socks and I was toast when I finally dragged home. I felt shaky the rest of night, I was so glad when we lost that contract!

Thats pretty much how we feel after a day like that. We usually have 2 wands going and 3 or 4 helpers prespotting pretreating and pulling hose and setting up blowers.

GaryM

Name
Gary MacKay
Even if you agreed to it the work order hasn't been signed & agreed to. For liability sake no job should be started without a signature and an agreed price. In this economy I must have a check before they leave. We all have the right to walk if the work order hasn't been signed

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You know... I started typing three times here, to respond to you... Not worth my time. Hack.

Ya prety hard to respond to somthing like that after you stuck your foot in your mouth like that.

40000 sq.ft.x10hr.day NON STOP wanding = 2000 sq. ft. an hr. for each wand. Gooood rincing hey.Do you even use a prespray because if you did i am sure you did not get that rinced out properly going at that speed hey. :bullshit:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree

Cleaning those numbers with a wand it is no wonder you lost that contract.:biggrin:

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
It was an insane contract to begin with, CEO was a clean fanatic (awesome) he had us move everything, partitions, chair pads, chairs.

We would go in the night before cleaning, nib the desk, use color coded moving numbers and number the 4- chairs and pad and move it all off the area to be cleaned. Clean from 8-4 and come back Sunday at 10:00 work two hours replacing everything. They paid for Friday & Sunday's time separate from the cleaning rate. It was great money but it was a lost weekend. Wife's hated it almost as much as we did.

We lost it when the CEO moved on to a larger corporation, the newly appointed CEO canned us, gave the cleaning to the janitorial staff who moved nothing and cleaned with porable extractors. But they saved some serious bucks. He probably stuck it in his pocket! LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
For once a month / Commercial carpet. I would think that pad / encapping would be the better option. ( I have the solution to those hurting hands)

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
I bid one it amounted to 1.5 million sq. ft per year. ALL wanded. and had to be done after 6pm Saturday and all day Sunday. Every weekend. I didn't want to impose that on my family or be that kind of business.

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Ya prety hard to respond to somthing like that after you stuck your foot in your mouth like that.

40000 sq.ft.x10hr.day NON STOP wanding = 2000 sq. ft. an hr. for each wand. Gooood rincing hey.Do you even use a prespray because if you did i am sure you did not get that rinced out properly going at that speed hey. :bullshit:

Have you ever seen a room wide open not even a chair or a support column in it that is 35000sqft? You know how much work you can get done in such wide open areas?

Hey aircell brain, how did you come up with those numbers? At best its 1500 1600sqft an hour on each truckmount. And when you say "rincing", I will assume you meant rinsing. Let me tell you a secret: whatever rinsing we achieve by doing 1600sqft...is still a Heck of a lot more than you ever do with the way you "clean" carpet..
I won't change my signature until you change the way you approach this whole cleaning business and stop with your bullshit attacks on good cleaners. Specially on your website...

Btw a 14 inch wide wand with 5 jets can cover a good amount of floor space in one stroke.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
I would agree with the :bullshit: "comparisons" on your website....

ohh and before you wanna throw me into the ring....I use to to clean with von schraders as well....before it was called "air cell extraction" hahahahahah when did they come up with that shit

Reactions: Zee and Hoody

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Have you ever seen a room wide open not even a chair or a support column in it that is 35000sqft? You know how much work you can get done in such wide open areas?

Hey aircell brain, how did you come up with those numbers? At best its 1500 1600sqft an hour on each truckmount. And when you say "rincing", I will assume you meant rinsing. Let me tell you a secret: whatever rinsing we achieve by doing 1600sqft...is still a Heck of a lot more than you ever do with the way you "clean" carpet..
I won't change my signature until you change the way you approach this whole cleaning business and stop with your bullshit attacks on good cleaners. Specially on your website...

Btw a 14 inch wide wand with 5 jets can cover a good amount of floor space in one stroke.

Blending does not qualify as cleaning. Sure you can fool your client with a good blending job but this unspoken truth does not fly when a real cleaner comes along and pops it up.

Your calculations are wrong. As for your statment about me attacking good cleaners :bullshit: Good cleaners can stand on their own. It is hacks like you that i feel quite comfortable exposing.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Mardie I'd tend to listen to you if you'd had years of experience cleaning with a TM but since you don't, any statements you make are just conjecture developed in that wee brain of yours.

You might take it easy on the thinking, you're over taxing brain of yours coming up with your "stories". :winky:

Reactions: Connor

beagleboy

Nobody can clean that much carpet in a day, I don't care how good the equipment unless there is a miracle drug out there for carpet cleaners . How could anyone' back and shoulders take that much punishment ? I have a little time behind the wand and find this hard to believe.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We did it for two years straight, it sucked and you were sore all weekend but it can be done.

Before Mardie opens his big mouth and small brain, it was originally setup for 1-year, the CEO was so impressed with the cleaning that we were contracted for a second year. :pig:

Man were we glad when they went in house, it was great work, they were very nice to work for, paid promptly but it flat out wore you out. Today it would be a breeze with OP or Encap but it was murder on your body. Insane hose runs of 500-600 ft, you'd spend a good half hour just packing up all the vac and solution hose.

I'd take a good WDR job any day over cleaning that much carpet!

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Mardie I'd tend to listen to you if you'd had years of experience cleaning with a TM but since you don't, any statements you make are just conjecture developed in that wee brain of yours.

You might take it easy on the thinking, you're over taxing brain of yours coming up with your "stories". :winky:

Richard what audience are you playing to ? Sounds to me like you are trying to cover up the truth about blending so the public does not know the tricks of a hack.
All carpet cleaners know the truth.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
You're right Mardie (you always are :oldrolleyes:) it's all a huge conspiracy against Van shredder hacks.

We are all out to get you!

Run while you can, save yourself!!!!

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Nobody can clean that much carpet in a day, I don't care how good the equipment unless there is a miracle drug out there for carpet cleaners . How could anyone' back and shoulders take that much punishment ? I have a little time behind the wand and find this hard to believe.

I love how those that haven't done what we do come here jump around telling us how and what can or can't be done.

Read my comments please. When you have two truckmounts and two wands going for about 12hours straight...why can't you get that done?

I said we would have 5 or 6 people on the job right? Why do you assume the helpers can't take over moving the wand and clean with it? Come on bro! You have 20000 sqft wide open banquet hall for each tm. And 2.5 person to do the work.. you still think one person is unable to wand out less then 10000sqft in one long day?

Please if you haven't had a chance to do this, don't try to think of it in terms of 20 residential homes each being 2000 sqft. Heck no- you could never get that much done in one day. Very different type of work.

Again mardie...you have no experience so stfu. I have done vs for years I know what the difference is. You have zero credibility on here.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
This was some time ago for me, I wish I could still clean like that but now I'd good if I can clean for more than couple of hours at a time.

Anyway we would start out cleaning 15-1600 ft an hour but by the end of the day we were down to 900-1200 even trading off the wand. A powerhead would keep you more consistent but we didn't own any at the time. It's doable but it is tough on your body, I remember being thirsty all night, feet hurting and shaky. The next day you felt much better but sore, you'd already be counting the weekends until we were going back. I have nightmares of that place, carpet as far as you can see. We'd do 25-30,000 sq/ft a month there.

If I remember right it was like $46,000.00 a year account, my father was concerned that we lost it but fortunately our restoration business was growing at the time and filled in the gap in sales .

Reactions: Zee

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
You're right Mardie (you always are :oldrolleyes:) it's all a huge conspiracy against Van shredder hacks.

We are all out to get you!

Run while you can, save yourself!!!!

So now you want to change the subject :hopeless:It is Hacks like Zee that bring this to light not the method. Richard i know you are an old dog when it comes to these bb so could you tell me is it an understood unspoken rule that nobody ever say anything bad about anything to do with steam cleaning carpet. Is gaurding this understood unspoken rule in your moderators hand book ?

You can pm me with the answer so it will not effect the publics perception on how this bb works.

And it does not look good on you to be defending a lowender like Zee.

Last edited:

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
I love how those that haven't done what we do come here jump around telling us how and what can or can't be done.

Read my comments please. When you have two truckmounts and two wands going for about 12hours straight...why can't you get that done?

I said we would have 5 or 6 people on the job right? Why do you assume the helpers can't take over moving the wand and clean with it? Come on bro! You have 20000 sqft wide open banquet hall for each tm. And 2.5 person to do the work.. you still think one person is unable to wand out less then 10000sqft in one long day?

Please if you haven't had a chance to do this, don't try to think of it in terms of 20 residential homes each being 2000 sqft. Heck no- you could never get that much done in one day. Very different type of work.

Again mardie...you have no experience so stfu. I have done vs for years I know what the difference is. You have zero credibility on here.

Hey Zee would you mind if i call you SPLASH from now on ?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
Ok seriously the people on these boards represent the best the industry has to offer......I guess in your mind the best of the fookups???

I think forums like this enable the participants to continue to hone our craft not lost on which method is best but offering what ever is needed to get the job done effectively and efficiently.

Remember the major mills recommend HWE, the CRI recommend HWE but I wouldn't use HWE just because they say to. We use it because we have found it to be the most effective on residential carpet, we have also found that low moisture cleaning has left us with the best results on CGD. BUT we have the equipment to do whater is necessary for the particular project. We don't come in with a predetermined idea of what we will be using based on the fact that we offer only one method.

You knock HWE all the time yet as I've mentioned to you that term is too broad to compare unless you are talking about the same machine being used.

Grocery Store Rental
Low pressure Portable
High pressure Portable
Low Pressure Portable with heat
High pressure Portable with heat
Walk behind Portable with low pressure
Any of the above with a powerhead
Walk behind Portable with low pressure & rotating brush
High Flow Extractors the auto feed and auto pumpout
Electric TM's with positive displacement vac blowers, lower Pressure
Electric TM's with high pressure and multiple lamb type blowers
Gas fired TM's Propane designer built (lower production)
Gas fired TM's Heat Exchange designer built (lower production)
Gas fired TM's Diesel Fuel designer built (lower production)
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Heat Exchange
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Propane
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Diesel Fuel
Van Powered CDS or PTO
Truck Powered (Aerotec, Vortex)
Any with Powerheads
Differences in preconditioning with a powerhead, CRB's, 175's, Cimex

I'm sure there are more, these are just off the top of my head, but you like to compare what we at the top end do with the results of those at the bottom end maybe be using. As I've told you before a good cleaner in your town cold cleanup of the competition is truly that weak there.

Mardie

Name
Mardie VanBree
Ok seriously the people on these boards represent the best the industry has to offer......I guess in your mind the best of the fookups???

I think forums like this enable the participants to continue to hone our craft not lost on which method is best but offering what ever is needed to get the job done effectively and efficiently.

Remember the major mills recommend HWE, the CRI recommend HWE but I wouldn't use HWE just because they say to. We use it because we have found it to be the most effective on residential carpet, we have also found that low moisture cleaning has left us with the best results on CGD. BUT we have the equipment to do whater is necessary for the particular project. We don't come in with a predetermined idea of what we will be using based on the fact that we offer only one method.

You knock HWE all the time yet as I've mentioned to you that term is too broad to compare unless you are talking about the same machine being used.

Grocery Store Rental
Low pressure Portable
High pressure Portable
Low Pressure Portable with heat
High pressure Portable with heat
Walk behind Portable with low pressure
Any of the above with a powerhead
Walk behind Portable with low pressure & rotating brush
High Flow Extractors the auto feed and auto pumpout
Electric TM's with positive displacement vac blowers, lower Pressure
Electric TM's with high pressure and multiple lamb type blowers
Gas fired TM's Propane designer built (lower production)
Gas fired TM's Heat Exchange designer built (lower production)
Gas fired TM's Diesel Fuel designer built (lower production)
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Heat Exchange
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Propane
Gas Fired Brand Name TM's Diesel Fuel
Van Powered CDS or PTO
Truck Powered (Aerotec, Vortex)
Any with Powerheads
Differences in preconditioning with a powerhead, CRB's, 175's, Cimex

I'm sure there are more, these are just off the top of my head, but you like to compare what we at the top end do with the results of those at the bottom end maybe be using. As I've told you before a good cleaner in your town cold cleanup of the competition is truly that weak there.

Dont know what all that has to do with this thread or Zee being a hack but your effort is appreciated. Your assumptions on what i think of the people on this bb could not be farther from the truth. The Major Mills and CRI also recommend other methods which steam cleaners always seem to fail to mention. Did you know that the CRI rates the grocery store Rug Doctors as platinum which is the highest rating for all steam cleaning machines even higher than most truck mounted systems.

The only reason you see me as knocking HWE is because when i bring to light the problems associated with HWE in debate on this bb no body wants to address it or aknowledge it and then it always turns into a method pissing match. Seems the only way a non HWE extraction user can have a civil debate on this board is to just agree that HWE is all good which is :bullshit:

As i have said before the best method is the method that works best for the job at hand.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Each person running a wand can easily clean moderately soiled commercial carpet at a pace of 1200 plus sq ft an hour and frankly that is low. This is why the vast majority of commercial carpet in large facilities is cleaned well under .10 a ft. Like Richard said the number starts higher in the early hours and will naturally drop as 6,8,10 hours go by.

Mardie ~ I am not sure why it always seems to go south with you, I have no problem with any method that gets the job done.

Reactions: Mardie

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom