What would you say the percentage of cleaners that understand

SamIam

Name
sam miller
that a dry stroke is in reality, an additional cleaning stroke.

Ill be kind and say 10%.

The other 90% say to themselves, it looks fine with just the one swipe, I got to keep moving...
Flash aha they call him zipper.

Those darn coupon companies created a lot of bad habits.

Splash and dash.

Oh wait your asking about guys who should know better.

Guys who don't do dry strokes always posting wicking pictures wondering what they did wrong.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton

Ill be kind and say 10%.

The other 90% say to themselves, it looks fine with just the one swipe, I got to keep moving...

Jeff "Greenie" had a saying I still use in class:

"They haven't invented a machine that extracts all the dirty water, and leaves just clean water in the carpet"

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses

Ill be kind and say 10%.

This is the reason I unsubscribed to all the Facebook carpet cleaning groups. I couldn’t believe how many people were proud of themselves for not doing dry strokes or not vacuuming. I just couldn’t read the crap or watch the ignorant videos anymore.

Last edited:

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Don’t take umbrage at what I’m about to share Marty....I still belong to the Old Steam Religion...

....that said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to measure the dirt and cleaning agent residue left by wet pass only cleaner who uses an extraction detergent versus a VLM cleaner using an encap product and “pad extraction”?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Don’t take umbrage at what I’m about to share Marty....I still belong to the Old Steam Religion...

....that said:

Wouldn’t it be interesting to measure the dirt and cleaning agent residue left by wet pass only cleaner who uses an extraction detergent versus a VLM cleaner using an encap product and “pad extraction”?
Rhetorical
What’s the point of measuring an inferior service against a superior service? Equipment and chemical sales?

Reactions: hogjowl

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Rhetorical
What’s the point of measuring an inferior service against a superior service? Equipment and chemical sales?

Not for me

I don't sell OP, and am at the stage of both my business and biological age where I don't care much from any selfish perspective (not that I think you were inferring that I was, to be clear)

I am at the stage where I look back over my span of time in this industry, and have seen how often those things I was once certain of were, at times, based on flawed reasoning.

I am pretty comfortable, though, with my belief that leaving a lot of water in a carpet means that you are leaving a lot of dirt with it.

jeffexe

Name
jeff
I am a bit obsessive, but that said. I pre vacuum all carpets first. Then HWE with dry strokes. ( real dry stokes forward and back in same path, not that saw tooth crap. ) When I complete the room I go back and dry stroke the entire room one last time to capture wicking moisture while looking for any issues.

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
Not for me

I don't sell OP, and am at the stage of both my business and biological age where I don't care much from any selfish perspective (not that I think you were inferring that I was, to be clear)

I am at the stage where I look back over my span of time in this industry, and have seen how often those things I was once certain of were, at times, based on flawed reasoning.

I am pretty comfortable, though, with my belief that leaving a lot of water in a carpet means that you are leaving a lot of dirt with it.
Back on topic. Dry strokes are necessary. Doing the right thing is rarely the easy thing.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.

Ill be kind and say 10%.

It depends if they’re the owner or employee

Reactions: Mike J

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
YouTube carpet-cleaning videos make me cringe.
The 1st time I saw a Mark Saiger Video, I thought, Who is this Bozo using two vans at a single home? Seems inefficient to me. They should be at separate homes cleaning simultaneously and keep out of each others way.
However, I DO credit Mark for improving MY skills and service quality.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Dammit!!! @Mikey P has duped us into talking about leaving behind dirty water when doing HWE
ABORT THREAD!!!!!!!!

OK, but then how often (objectively speaking) does a conscientious "padcapper" switch out his pads before they stop absorbing soil?

I would think a "loaded pad" used too long (and/or an inferior one) would not be extracting soil as well, if at all.

Mikey P

Administrator
I am a bit obsessive, but that said. I pre vacuum all carpets first. Then HWE with dry strokes. ( real dry stokes forward and back in same path, not that saw tooth crap. ) When I complete the room I go back and dry stroke the entire room one last time to capture wicking moisture while looking for any issues.

Were you impressed with the Orbot?

Trip Moses

IMOL
Name
Trip Moses
OK, but then how often (objectively speaking) does a conscientious "padcapper" switch out his pads before they stop absorbing soil?

I would think a "loaded pad" used too long (and/or an inferior one) would not be extracting soil as well, if at all.
I guess when the weight of the machine starts squirting the extracted juice out….. How much can a sponge underneath a 100+ pound machine absorb??

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott

That's where we depend on the detergent to do what it says. Fiber pads don't absorb anything.

Rick J

Name
rick Jones

I would think a "loaded pad" used too long (and/or an inferior
Primarily HWE but also do quite a bit with an OP and bonnets. I seem to use multiple times more bonnets than other people claim they do.

Roland

That saw tooth, if done correctly, means you double the dry stroke because of the overlap.

Mike J

Name
Mike Joannides
Now, since Im never without the glide, I cant tell how many dry strokes, but more than a couple as im cleaning. Then to go over the whole room after I finish with a single pattern to cover the open area. only takes a minute or two. Keep in mind, Im primarily residential, smaller areas to cover.

I guess with commercial there needs to be more of a pattern of how many dry strokes.

Reactions: Mikey P and jeffexe

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom