What’s changed with VLM to have changed my mind?

sassyotto

Name
Paul
Just cleaned 1500 SF of carpet today in a home. Seven years old but an older couple lives there only part of the year so I would consider it very, very light soil. A before picture would have looked like most after pictures posted here. Top candidate for your VLM. But I used only about 30 - 35 gallons of water and 1/4 jug of prespray on it at 300 psi. With drypods, almost everything was dry as I left. At least I left knowing it was clean......... not cleaner.

Mikey P

Administrator
Just cleaned 1500 SF of carpet today in a home. Seven years old but an older couple lives there only part of the year so I would consider it very, very light soil. A before picture would have looked like most after pictures posted here. Top candidate for your VLM. But I used only about 30 - 35 gallons of water and 1/4 jug of prespray on it at 300 psi. With drypods, almost everything was dry as I left. At least I left knowing it was clean......... not cleaner.

Have you ever cleaned an area rug in the wash pit?

Mikey P

Administrator
What forms of VLM have you performed?

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
This blue microfiber?

?

You used the wrong pad
You used the wrong juice
You should have made more passes
You didn't pre vacuum enough
It would have all came out in the post vacuum
Your heart was just not into it
You just don't understand

What else will those lying dopes say?

Hate to tell you this Todd but if you had run an RE over it it would have looked even better.

But thanks for that great, truthful and morally wonderful video!!

~God on Mikey's PC.

:twisted::stir:

A few things:

That video is 8 years old. MF pads, especially with scrubbers, sucked.

Never heard of that encap before, but I’m guessing it was just a cheap surfactant mixed with some piano varnish.

These things matter and are not excuses.

Using a tan scrub pad first along with a real encap would’ve likely produced similar results to the TM.

If it didn’t, I’d still be pulling hoses every job and not impressing my customers as much as with VLM.

Reactions: AlienAgent

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
So the fans dried that leftover, filthy water faster… that’s good.

If your main concern is leaving the least amount of dirt in the carpet, then you should’ve ran a white, cotton pad on the carpet after you rinsed.

You would’ve been shocked.

Every single drop of water left in carpet after HWE is filthy water.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Every single drop of water left in carpet after HWE is filthy water.
I agree with that last sentence only if it's a slum section 8 apartment, heavy dog piss room, or a grease restaurant carpet. And a buffing pad can't compare to HWE on those jobs anyway

All the other carpets I cleaned aren't that way. The recovery water doesn't stink when I stick my nose in the wand, which tells me it's way cleaner.

And if you don't clean at 12flow with boiling water to get the proper rinse, then I agree with your statement

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I agree with that last sentence only if it's a slum section 8 apartment, heavy dog piss room, or a grease restaurant carpet. And a buffing pad can't compare to HWE on those jobs anyway

All the other carpets I cleaned aren't that way. The recovery water doesn't stink when I stick my nose in the wand, which tells me it's way cleaner.

And if you don't clean at 12flow with boiling water to get the proper rinse, then I agree with your statement
I still pull hoses on nasty jobs, mostly because it’s faster.

But still, rinse until you feel like the carpet can’t get cleaner.

Then run a clean Polar Pad over that carpet.

Then you’ll know.

Reactions: BIG WOOD

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I still pull hoses on nasty jobs, mostly because it’s faster.

But still, rinse until you feel like the carpet can’t get cleaner.

Then run a clean Polar Pad over that carpet.

Then you’ll know.
Never tried going over it with a pad, but I have done the white rag or towel trick and was pleased

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
Never tried going over it with a pad, but I have done the white rag or towel trick and was pleased
Same.

Nothing extracts better than Polar Pads. It’s shocking.

Used to run Glad pads until they were fairly clean, but a while back threw down a Polar pad just to see.

It was still dirty.

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Same.

Nothing extracts better than Polar Pads. It’s shocking.

Used to run Glad pads until they were fairly clean, but a while back threw down a Polar pad just to see.

It was still dirty.
Have you ever cleaned with 12flow at constant boiling water temp?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
For the record, My Once and Done evaluations on record are:
The Zipper: I was wrong, so I bought another zipper
The cimex: I hated it, and still do
the sapphire upholstery tool: I sold the first one, bought another one, and still hate it

Mikey P

Administrator
Matt you should talk to Charles Reyes at Aladdin Cleaning in San Antonio TX

He too was a HWE or nothing cleaner who hated the Cimex.

I took him out cleaning with a Phoenix and after we did one of the owner's homes and a bank/CGD he saw the truth and is in the process of aquiring more machines and training his staff on how, when and where to use the process, which of far more aften than he was ever expecting.

and he is one smart cookie, as Pemberton will tell you.

Last edited:

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I work in a very small but affluent community, and I’m extremely popular. I charge more than everyone and everyone pulls hoses except me.

All I have is my reputation for outstanding work, so if I thought I needed to pull hoses on every job to keep my reputation, that’s exactly what I would do.

Since moving to at least 75% VLM, I’m even more popular.

Now I’m starting to pull customers from the second most popular guy, who leases a new butler every three years and often uses a Rotovac.

I would pull a customer from him may be a couple times per year, but I have pulled at least a half a dozen in the last six months. The only difference is me moving to mostly VLM.

Carpet dries faster, stays clean longer. Say what you want, but it’s the truth.

Mikey P

Administrator
I work in a very small but affluent community, and I’m extremely popular. I charge more than everyone and everyone pulls hoses except me.

All I have is my reputation for outstanding work, so if I thought I needed to pull hoses on every job to keep my reputation, that’s exactly what I would do.

Since moving to at least 75% VLM, I’m even more popular.

Now I’m starting to pull customers from the second most popular guy, who leases a new butler every three years and often uses a Rotovac.

I would pull a customer from him may be a couple times per year, but I have pulled at least a half a dozen in the last six months. The only difference is me moving to mostly VLM.

Carpet dries faster, stays clean longer. Say what you want, but it’s the truth.

I would guess he's one of these types that thinks every carpet needs a rotary extraction type cleaning, which usually is more addictive of their OCD than it is any real need for that level of soil removal.

If it was ever there in the first place.....

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
I would guess he's one of these types that thinks every carpet needs a rotary extraction type cleaning, which usually is more addictive of their OCD than it is any real need for that level of soil removal.

If it was ever there in the first place.....
I think he does a pretty good job, but customers prefer not having hoses running through their house along with all the other inconveniences of running a truckmount. Especially rich customers.

Then of course there’s the hour dry times.

Icing on the cake is after two months having cleaner carpet than before.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
The type of job I was cleaning Friday night…8000sq ft if lightly soiled commercial

I would’ve loved to have a Phoenix type machine. My body was wore out after wanding for 8hrs

I just can’t justify cleaning section 8s with those

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
The type of job I was cleaning Friday night…8000sq ft if lightly soiled commercial

I would’ve loved to have a Phoenix type machine. My body was wore out after wanding for 8hrs

I just can’t justify cleaning section 8s with those
I don’t clean shit holes, or else I’d be pulling hoses more often.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom