What’s changed with VLM to have changed my mind?

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I’m not cleaning for the tenant

I’m cleaning for the property owner and the buildings are empty with nobody in my way

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
This is a business, not a hobby

Those types of jobs are good to wedge in between other jobs, therefore making my average day $$$ higher

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Section8 example

I work under this contractor who paints and repairs these apartments in between tenants

He gave me his cc# and said to charge it after each job. He says, if I don’t get paid, it’s my fault.

Are you telling me you’re too good to work for a guy like him?

Reactions: AlienAgent

Mikey P

Administrator
This is a business, not a hobby

Those types of jobs are good to wedge in between other jobs, therefore making my average day $$$ higher

There's a natural progression that will happen as you start to clean for homeowners who appreciate low moisture, and the referrals that will come from them..

Reactions: BIG WOOD

Mikey P

Administrator
Section8 example

I work under this contractor who paints and repairs these apartments in between tenants

He gave me his cc# and said to charge it after each job. He says, if I don’t get paid, it’s my fault.

Are you telling me you’re too good to work for a guy like him?

Too good? I'm not being an elitist here. Matt, I've just been doing this long enough where I don't want to clean filth, scum, bodily fluids and all the rest when I can be cleaning essentially clean carpets for the same price if not more and not feel the need to take a shower after every job.

• Haha
Reactions: BIG WOOD

Meter Maid

The Undetective
Name
Chris
There's a natural progression that will happen as you start to clean for homeowners who appreciate low moisture, and the referrals that will come from them..
Yes. My focus is on customers who are willing to pay for a consistently clean home and can afford a consistently clean home. Those customers don’t need hoses pulled through their home and rinsed carpet. Those are the customers I want.

Reactions: Mikey P

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
Too good? I'm not being an elitist here. Matt, I've just been doing this long enough where I don't want to clean filth, scum, bodily fluids and all the rest when I can be cleaning essentially clean carpets for the same price if not more and not feel the need to take a shower after every job.
I’m slowly planning my exit strategy when I turn 60ish to comfortably hang up the wand and let the techs run the routes

Steady work with all types of carpet that comfortably pays the payroll and provides profit is what I hope to happen. I don’t have multiple sources of income like you do and I regret putting all my eggs in this basket

So as the debt to income shifts to be able to pay a staff and provide income for me, I won’t care if the techs feel like they need a shower from one job

It’s business

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
IMG_2534.JPG

LTA

Reactions: SamIam and Mikey P

SamIam

Name
sam miller
No

Common sense tells me to flush out the nasty. Not hide it
It's funny how encaps that encapsulate and vacuum away, don't create worse air quality.

The flake aways has to leave particulates, most customers cough when you use a encap.

I would use green dragon or carbonated cleaning solutions in a residence if I were to VLM.

Name
Nate W.
It's funny how encaps that encapsulate and vacuum away, don't create worse air quality.

The flake aways has to leave particulates, most customers cough when you use a encap.

I would use green dragon or carbonated cleaning solutions in a residence if I were to VLM.

Did you miss what @Nomad74 did with Green Dragon?!? :eekk:

Regardless the goal is to clean cleaner carpets with high ticket averages.. Soo much wishy washy in this industry, it’s comical to hear extraction with a pad..

Appearance clean VS Actual clean.. It has been a interim carpet cleaning maintenance system to be used in commercial setting..

It always makes the famous Chinese magician come to mind, Mr. Fu Ling Yu..

Name
Nate W.
Who am I to say what clean is.. Even the carpet Manufacturer’s didn’t recognize it as a method for residential.. To each their own..

Reactions: SamIam

SamIam

Name
sam miller
Did you miss what @Nomad74 did with Green Dragon?!? :eekk:

Regardless the goal is to clean cleaner carpets with high ticket averages.. Soo much wishy washy in this industry, it’s comical to hear extraction with a pad..

Appearance clean VS Actual clean.. It has been a interim carpet cleaning maintenance system to be used in commercial setting..

It always makes the famous Chinese magician come to mind, Mr. Fu Ling Yu..
He mixed it heavy hajahaha

sassyotto

Name
Paul
So the fans dried that leftover, filthy water faster… that’s good.

If your main concern is leaving the least amount of dirt in the carpet, then you should’ve ran a white, cotton pad on the carpet after you rinsed.

You would’ve been shocked.

Every single drop of water left in carpet after HWE is filthy water.
yah, thats what I said when I was using HOST back in 1981

Reactions: Rob Grady
Name
Eric
I did my first job since selling my truckmount and going back to VLM only last week. It was for a realtor's personal condo in downtown Salt Lake. Two sides of the building were on busy roads with no shoulder, third side was the parking garage and there was no access on the 4th side. No idea how I would have done the job with a truckmount. The realtor asked me how I was going to clean when he first reached and was skeptical when I told him low moisture. Each room wasn't very dirty except a few small spots and it cleaned up great. He was super happy and had me do one of his rentals this week too.
The main thing I don't like about VLM is that if everything doesn't go perfect the customers are quick to judge the method, even if it's something that wouldn't have mattered like worn out poly.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom