What's more important, quick drying or charming Fellas?

Mikey P

Administrator
Screenshot_20180704-070712_Chrome.jpg

Wow!

Nomad74

Boy Sprout
I was on a job the other day and when I showed up the painter was there. All the base boards had just been painted. I was not happy. The home owner told me to clean anyway and they would touch up. Somehow I made it through the job without making any marks in the wet paint. But that's not the point of this post.

While I was there I noticed that the painter kept talking and joking around with the homeowner. The painter was drinking a beer and had really strong body odor. The guy really thought he had some people skills going for him. I could tell the homeowner just wanted him to shut up and get done. It's funny how many people think they are good with their customers when in reality they suck. I know many carpet cleaners like this also.

Papa John

Lifetime Supportive Member
Name
John Stewart
Both are important but --It depends on the customer.
Knowing when to bond and connect or shut up and get to work are important.

Reactions: Nomad74

BIG WOOD

MLPW
Name
Matt w.
I use Versace.... carry a bottle in my van, a fresh change of clothes, toothbrush, mouthwash, gum, hand sanitizer.... your customers DONT want to smell the Baconator you had for lunch....
I was just joking about the old spice. I’m no big fan of cologne. Did I spell that right? Col-o-g-ne. Where did the spelling of that word get stupid?

Anyway...I remember buying a car at the Volkswagen dealer. The finance manager stunk of a high dollar cologne. He had 2 separate bottles on the floor. I was like “dude, why do you need that much smell good junk?” He couldn’t come up with a good answer

From that moment, I just figured I don’t need a strong smelling junk. Just no stank stank

Name
Jeff T
I remember when I was growing up, my parents had an old school satellite dish, you know, one of the 18’ jobs that rotates.... anywho, after a big wind storm, it would go off kilter... the guy who they had service it smelled like week old clothes, and BO so strong, my mom would open the doors and windows after he left.... that has always stuck with me. I NEVER want to smell like that guy...

PrimaDonna

Megatron
Name
MB
Both are important but --It depends on the customer.
Knowing when to bond and connect or shut up and get to work are important.

Agreed. And some are not so keen at picking up on the customers non verbal cues and just keep on going. This happened a lot in a former I used to work for and one person was more aware of the customer cues than the other. I suggested they come up with a non verbal "signal" (like tugging on the earlobe) for one person to cue the other it's time to stop chatting...the custy has had it.

Reactions: Papa John

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
A customer of mine is paying a claim over a damaged item in someone's home.

The employee likely didn't do it, but the customer insists he "must have"

Why?

"The guy was on his cell phone the whole time and not paying attention to what he was doing"

Talking on the phone the entire time ranks right up there with BO and/or bad breath

steve_64

I remember when I was growing up, my parents had an old school satellite dish, you know, one of the 18’ jobs that rotates.... anywho, after a big wind storm, it would go off kilter... the guy who they had service it smelled like week old clothes, and BO so strong, my mom would open the doors and windows after he left.... that has always stuck with me. I NEVER want to smell like that guy...
You need not to just smell clean you need to be clean.

If you are bathing and doing laundry properly it shouldn't be an issue.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom