What's that noise???

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
The one drawback to having an older TM (my Genesis59 is over 8 years old) is that every new noise you hear, do you think it might be the day she quits on me? Heard some tickin' and rappin' today after an overheat, and I though it might be the end. Let her sit for a while, restarted, and ran as good as ever.

Eh.....why worry. I should start getting the Powermatic ready......just in case.

I would like to see one of Les's machines in running order.

Able 1

Name
Keith
rwcarpet said:

I would think it would be hard to find one that wasn't in running order. I have never read of someone with problems with a Judson... I always think to myself I'm getting a Judson, but then the propane kind of turns me off. I am not scared of my van starting on fire or anything like that it's just one other tank I need to fill. I just think it would be a pita to keep track of the fuel if you are running couple vans. If or when I do get a Judson I will have the biggest propane tank possible mounted where my spare tire should go... !gotcha! :lol:

RGH269

Name
Bobby Hales
Keith I was not that keen on propane when I bought my first TM over 10 years ago but because cost was an issue I bought one of Duane Oxleys units and I fell in love with cleaning with all that heat. I had a puff back once when lighting it and let me tell you that'll strike the fear of God in you. But as far as the fuel goes it is a real pain to run out of propane in the middle of a job, and propane filling stations are not on every corner. The way around that is to fill propane tank every time you fill the vans tank and it will never be a peoblem. When I got ready for a new unit I got a CDS for simplicity of operation incase I hired a helper or tech, even though I got the Salsa package it took a while to get used to lower cleaning temps.

Name
I'm Rick James
Why wait to fix something until after it breaks down. Its hard to get away from propane heat because of the performance.

ascrubabove

Able 1 said:
rwcarpet said:

I would think it would be hard to find one that wasn't in running order. I have never read of someone with problems with a Judson... I always think to myself I'm getting a Judson, but then the propane kind of turns me off. I am not scared of my van starting on fire or anything like that it's just one other tank I need to fill. I just think it would be a pita to keep track of the fuel if you are running couple vans. If or when I do get a Judson I will have the biggest propane tank possible mounted where my spare tire should go... !gotcha! :lol:

I look at my propane guage every time I get in the van cause it is mounted right behind the driver door

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge
Able 1 said:
rwcarpet said:

Sorry, Keith.......that didn't come out right. I know Les's machines are in good running order....I would like to see an onsite demo if anyone had one in my area.

Magic One

RW, They fill it with a long hose and nozzle with a guage on it. Tells you how many gals you and save the receipts. They usually have a special place to pull up and refill.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom