whats that saying......

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
when life gives you lemons...just make lemonade.....

what gas cost here....( it has dropped in the last week )......

IMG_0242.jpg

what I pay..........

IMG_0241.jpg

cost me $30.00 to put in a little over 3/4 of a tank of fuel this AM...........

I have a scary smart wife..............

Jim Martin

Supportive Member
Name
Jim Martin
the local Frys grocery store offers point rewards on your gas....when you purchase from them.....and buy your gas at there fueling station....

so right now I am in the middle of completely rebuilding and screening in my back porch.....instead of using my home depot store card...she just picks me up a home depot gift card..and I use it instead...pending on how much she buys the card for...it can give me up to $2.00 off each gallon of gas..and when I am at the pump and scan my card..it gives me an option on how much I want to use off the discount....

we put a small fridge and patio furniture out there..so instead of using the sears card...she bought sears gift cards...racked up more fuel points...

another thing she is going to do is...we are leaving for vacation in about 3 more weeks...we always make sure that we both have a few hundred dollars in our pocket in case we get separated ...something happens...or to just have a little sending money...so she will buy at 2 separate times a $200 visa gift card..one for each of us...and then that will really rack up the points and the fuel discounts....

your going to spend it anyway..might as well make something out of it...

plus ( I think ) we get miles off the cards that she uses to buy the gift cards with... which go towards the flights on the vacation....

they have all kinds of cards..if you are one of these star bucks junkies..get a card...save money at the pump....

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Good to see I'm not the only one thinking about and doing things like that. :lol:

Here is what you can do with the giftcard purchase trick when you need/wana take money out. Buy it as a marketing expense for your property managers etc..buy 25doillar gift cards (4 of them) and out of a 100dollar you can drop off 25 to your contact and spend the rest as you wish.

I don't encourage anyone to do it unless they are cool with flipping the bird to the irs. :lol:

Ron K

Spring Hill Florida you could buy a 50 gas card for 40 we bought a bunch from Publix's. Safeway around here has a deal up to 2.00 off but the gas station isn't local.

I heard the price for Oil should be between 60 and 70 dollars a barrel based on the demand now a days.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
there is a grocery chain here that does it....they were bought out by krogers a while back...

you only get up to a $1 off......problem is

I hate shopping in that place...it is sooooo back asswards

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
oh heres one for ya....

a job..2 rooms $50 they cant afford much more... -sniff -sniff -sniff -sniff

talked to her (she lives down the street) works at an airline.... :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea:

if your serious about the idea....keep your money...ill do the whole house, and come back and get the rooms that arent ready....4 bed, live, 3 sets of half stairs, fam....

can you say 5 yes i said 5 buddy passes on the airline... hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now hey now

plus 2 i got from another guy...

maybe all 7 of us will fly somewhere

there is ya lemons to lemonade... who ah

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
been doing it for years .
Giant Eagle fuel perks 10 cents off pr $50 spend ...includes all gift cards too.
a couple/few times a year they give double fuel perks on gift cards

it's crazy NOT to use gift cards

I put 30 gal in the van today for FREEEEE
(30 gal pr stop is max)

..l.T.A.

Becker

Name
Becker
jcooper said:
I thought he was doing good at 3.54!

No kidding, Paid $4.20 yesterday and thought I was getting a good deal. Ok not really, but nice to see it dropping some.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Nice deal on the airline tickets, Doug.

A friend who has been out of work for several months has been camping in my yard. He just got a job at an airline. Hopefully he can get a pass or two my way.

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
nice to have "friends" who like to help people out.....

cuz it would be bad to "pay" someone with them...

J/K J/K J/K J/K J/K J/K

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom