What's the best timing for sending out Thank You letters?

Barry-QDCC

Supportive Member
Name
Barry Rhoads
One of the things I want to get better at this year is sending out Thank You letters to customers we just serviced.

I realize this program isn't getting you immediate response since you just cleaned for these people. It's hopefully more of an insurance policy that they MIGHT use you again in the future.

What timing do you think works the best?

1. - Send out the next week after cleaning.

2. Wait a month after cleaning to send.

3. - Wait even longer, maybe 2-3 months before sending. This would help be a gentle reminder of your services to those who might have already forgot who you are.

4. - Send a postcard rather than a letter? Cheaper to send but might also convey cheapness too?

5. - Send letter in a #10 envelope with hand printing addressing or using a "invitation" size envelope with hand printing to "fake" the addressee to have more of a desire to open the envelope up?

6. Screw handwritten addressing and just use computer generated labels?

What say you?

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
We wait a week then send out this thank you card.

It's hand signed by Dan, hand addressed by secretary. It also includes a self addressed QC card. Yes hand addressed is a pain but it does add value over computer generated labels. Sorry! :winky:

Old QC card, the new ones have the same logo as the envelope but I couldn't find them & don't know where she puts them. :icon_redface:

2014-03-04_13-54-48_587_zps200d9d2e.jpg

Reactions: Barry-QDCC

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
We use send out cards. Mail next day, they receive them in approx a week

Becker

Name
Becker
New thing I started this year, I email all my clients their invoice or receipt after the job right from their kitchen counter, also BCC a girl I hired that does some mailing for me, monday hand written thank you cards go out, see also handles gift card mailing for referrals with in thank you cards.

Steve Toburen

Supportive Member
Durango, Colorado/Santiago, Dominican Republic
Name
Steve Toburen
One of the things I want to get better at this year is sending out Thank You letters to customers we just serviced.
Good idea. We went the low tech, personal route. Simple blank "thank you card" and the office would write a personal note inside and include several of the technician's cards.

Today I would also send a follow-up email adding that IF they were delighted we would appreciate a positive online review and include links to locally popular review sites.

Steve

PS Don't forget to find out who referred the client and send them a personally written Thank You card. (With neat hand writing.) If your office is too busy to personally write all these thank you cards wonderful! That means you are making tons of money and it probably is time to add another person to your office staff. (We had four people in our office and they all stayed very busy.)

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Copy whatever Service Monster does. They actually track this stuff to see how well it works, so probably have the best handle on it.

PS: There are professional printers that can make really authentic looking computer generated handwriting, so "hand-signing" shouldn't require extra staffing. (For a good printer recommendation, ask a politician.)

Reactions: Mikey P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom