What's the consensus of opening up a vlm board on MB

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
They went out this am to fix one they HWE Thursday night. It just looked cloudy and uneven even though it was flushed clean, the appearance didn't look as good as it could with VLM.

They hit it with the Orbot and said it was night and day appearance improvement. This is the second time we've done that job and even their employees stated "why don't you just use that machine instead of bringing the hoses. It looks like it does a better job". :errf:

CGD doesn't always do well with HWE, this one doesn't do well at all with it.

Reactions: Russ T. and Zee

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
In other words we know how they work and what can be done with them. But still prefer actually flushing contamination out of the carpets.

Bingo! Because we are paid to clean/remove dirt... Some call it honesty.

I'd agree for the most part. I do have a few accounts that HWE just makes matters worse. I keep listening to the boards and HWE and have to fix it with OP.

And that's okay, at least you removed some dirt, which is what they are paying for.

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
And that's okay, at least you removed some dirt, which is what they are paying for.
If only they were as thrilled about as you Jerry. :winky:

They call in and say it doesn't look good.... and they are right it doesn't. :angry:

Its cleaner (less soil in the carpet) but they want it to also "look cleaner" not just take our word for it.

The OP makes it look visually cleaner even though little to nothing is coming off on the pads. :eekk:
We are basically Encapping but using OP so it is drier than cleaning with a Cimex.

:arrrr:

grizzley

Name
Tim
There's a quote I often refer back to. Its simple, but makes sooooooo much sense. The quote says something along the lines of "if you always do, what you always done, you'll always get, what you always gotten".
Unsure what the consensus was here, hence the purpose of this post, but I do know that this board is very active, but it has very little activity from the vlm heathens. If the consensus is to keep everything combined, then these folks will just continue to post elsewhere, bringing their money, and their experience with them..........

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave
There's a quote I often refer back to. Its simple, but makes sooooooo much sense. The quote says something along the lines of "if you always do, what you always done, you'll always get, what you always gotten".
Unsure what the consensus was here, hence the purpose of this post, but I do know that this board is very active, but it has very little activity from the vlm heathens. If the consensus is to keep everything combined, then these folks will just continue to post elsewhere, bringing their money, and their experience with them..........
I think this post proves there is interest. I'd try posting VLM in the Clean Room and see how it goes. The worse that can happen is Marty may learn something. :winky:

There again, maybe we can post around his naps. :biggrin:

Reactions: hogjowl

Zee

Supportive Member
Name

That's not true...

Bring on the vlm cleaning topics and they get discussed properly.
But...if you bring on the vlm method debate and start pushing it as a tm replacement method or as a total stand alone system that does it all- and you'll have a 16 page thread of slinging sheeeeet.
If you start talking about how it removes as much soil as any high heat high flow hwe set up...you'll have a bad time.

Reactions: Desk Jockey

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
Nice Riiiiicooo...Now Cooper makes it look like you actually wrote that.. Hmmm...
Screenshot_2015-04-18-09-20-15.png

Reactions: jcooper

grizzley

Name
Tim
That's not true...

Bring on the vlm cleaning topics and they get discussed properly.
But...if you bring on the vlm method debate and start pushing it as a tm replacement method or as a total stand alone system that does it all- and you'll have a 16 page thread of slinging sheeeeet.
If you start talking about how it removes as much soil as any high heat high flow hwe set up...you'll have a bad time.

Yea, the above post wasnt about that a vlm topic wouldnt get a response, or an honest discussion or debate wouldnt be beneficial here. And I fully understand the limits of vlm........( and is why I offer actually vlm, hwe and even compound if the customer requires it) as well as the past history of mb and the slamming a few guys received from shilling the process with their equipment.

But, even if a vlm topic is welcomed with open arms here, it doesnt change the fact that mb is one of the last places a vlmer will go to ask a question. Thats what I would like to change. Maybe a separate board isnt the answer, but its doubtful doing the same as what has always been done is the answer either.

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
SEE...what happens when you play wit a voodoo pin...
it's started already!

“That’s part of what I like about the book in some ways. It portrays death truthfully. You die in the middle of your life, in the middle of a sentence”
John Green, The Fault in Our Stars

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
But, even if a vlm topic is welcomed with open arms here, it doesnt change the fact that mb is one of the last places a vlmer will go to ask a question.

I'd think any board that Rick G(Mr Encap "guru") is involved with(on a daily basis) would be a huge help to any low moisture/encap/shampoo(whatever ya call it), guy.

I think Zee, is spot on with just about every reply so far.:clap:

Some people just like to argue or be a :stir:, I wouldn't let it prevent/stop me from posting. Somebody doesn't like what you post... Screw um, it's the internet!

So Tim, what type of jobs are you using vlm/encap on? Commercial? Upholstery? Do you have a cimex? Something like it?

Shane Deubell

Supportive Member
That is, if a change is wanted. And was the purpose of this post

I dont think its the topic tim but how people navigate this forum. A new category would be put at bottom and probably see little traffic.
Might be better off to just start in the clean room where most people navigate anyway.

grizzley

Name
Tim
So Tim, what type of jobs are you using vlm/encap on? Commercial? Upholstery? Do you have a cimex? Something like it?

I rarely do residential, but dont turn them down much if they do call. I'm primarily in the PM market. I have currently over 30 separate apt complex's that we maintain. My largest is 630 unit complex, and my smallest is a guy who has a hand ful of duplex's, but in general, my average apt complex is around 200 units. I also market toward moderate sized commercial locations, like hotels, and offices, but my bread and butter is the pm industry. I like these because, naturally, the constant work, but also because of the ability to do an absolute shit ton of repair work for them, which is a huge part of my biz.

I primarily run op machines but recently started experimenting with a rotary and a dirt napper, I have never really been fond of straight encapping...( not that it doesnt work, but because I dont have faith in the janitorial staff to properly vacuum afterwards) I prefer to remove soil, and I prefer to limit my liability of having long hose runs to reach many of the apts where parking is no where close.

For my market niche within the industry, this type of equipment serves me well, but I"m not naive into thinking it could ever be a one hit wonder. Currently, my hwe equipment of choice is a steamin demon. Easy to hook up, less liability, and the mobility is easier than a porty. Pair this with a crb, or a 175, and magic does happen.

I have a mytee lite that I use on uph, but most vacants dont have furniture, so it sets in the shop mainly.

Reactions: Mikey P
Name
Lee Stockwell
The problem with vlm boards is that equipment manufacturers run them. Each is quick to delete competitive product threads.

Steve Smith owns VacAway
John Geurkink has a board.
Rick Gelenis has an encap board. All good guys, but you know the drill...

Everyone is free to post and participate in VLM thread here, and they will get info that's NOT censored by the board owners or mods.

Spam links are usually removed, but you will find this to be the most open, honest, and complete source of good info in our industry.

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
What's the big deal? When I read posts here I go to the new posts or recents posts and everything comes up. I don't go to individual forums and don't really see the purpose of them other than to categorize for posterity. (Which given the uselessness of the search function for information would be a good reason I suppose).

Reactions: Lee Stockwell

Art Kelley

Supportive Member
Name
Rainbow Carpet And Upholstery Cleaning
It's no reflection on you Fred. The search function works fine for specific things like looking up an individua poster but this board has become too unwieldy for a search function to provide useful information other than multiple pages of posts that may or may not have some relation to the search query.

FredC

Village Idiot
use better queries...the search function is quite robust

but I'll see if I can't make it more useful

Name
jack zerkie
Make Mikey,s board like Motor Trend it,s all about CARS and this is ALL about cleaning so no matter what I read in the mag. I decide how to interpret what I read and am still learning after 35 yrs of cleaning. The info is there to learn by reading and not having to do the job.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
However I do stand by my thought that MB is, in general not very "vlm friendly"

we disagree...just because we don't let some brainwashed one method wonder talk foolishness, doesn't mean we're not "vlm friendly"
I'd suggest it's the marketing so typical of the VLM only outfits that draws fire

Yes, I know many offer multiple methods here, but very, very few are just vlm only operators and need a place to offer and recieve advice.

they can do that right here right now.
If they're too insecure, or brainwashed into marketing typical VLM bullshit like... " HWE will make your children die a horrible death" and other such nonsense so typical of the VLM only crowd..well, they don't belong here anyway.
if they don't want the truth from the best in the biz, they're better off on the "for brainwashed only" boards .

Now you can go and say, "They do have a place at vacaway, or on *** if they choose,

actually, i wouldn't say that at all
Those boards for the most part don't allow free speech....they're specific niche sales/agenda driven boards that one must tow the "party line" or your out.

They'll get the truth here ..the good bad and ugly (not just the good)

but debating among "PROFESSIONALS" is priceless when it comes to actually getting honest reviews on equipment or product.

again..it's here..going on right now in this thread .

as far as a VLM only room, it doesn't much matter to me.
I will say it's not needed, as the clean rm is about cleaning carpet and upl not exclusive to any one method .
yes, there are more primary method HWE guys here...that's simply because it's more efficient overall.
Unless one chooses a niche market biz model (which is fine) TMs are more efficient in general for cleaning res and soiled goods.
that's why there's more in the industry

..L.T.A.

Shorty

RIP
Name
Shorty Glanville
I'm all for a VLM board, where those that do VLM can ask questions and get honest answers without the constant sniping from those that don't like the system, those that hate it, those that just want to argue about it's merits.

Because of the above, I do believe that is why so many go to the encap 4rum or nostickyresidue 4rum, rather than post here about it and get harassed continuously.

I myself am mostly VLM, but when I see something that needs rinse/extraction, then that is what I will do because I have the equipment to do each kept in my van.

If such a board was erected here, then I think the sniping would need to be enforced to keep those that want to share & learn here.

Think about what the customer wants & perceives, then think about how many of this type of equipment is being sold into the marketplace that was once predominantly HWE.

Just an up top, down underers thoughts .

:yoda:

bob vawter

Grassy Knoller
Name
bob vawter
It'll turn into a pissing contest!

he who forgets history...
is likely to repeat history......!
bob vawter How to make a fortune in CC...and piss it all away

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom