What's the deal with smart strand carpet.

Pros and cons.

I know it is stain resistant, but will it yield better results in a rental that has good nylon carpet that is cleaned and protected annually?

I just cleaned my grandmothers carpet that was installed in 1987 and never cleaned. Looks like brand new carpet. It is a very good nylon carpet (off white).

ACE

Name
Mike Hughes
Your not going to see $30 / Yd smart strand in rental units.

Renters do not care for floor covering like your grandma.

The carpet installer is putting Smart Strand in every unit that needs carpet replaced.

So is it good or bad?

And yes they most def would spend 30 dollars a yard for carpet and have it protected if it would last 15 years as opposed to 4 or 5.

I apply protectant to every unit that has nylon in decent shape that clean up good which is a good chunk. No protector on poly.

mirf

Supportive Member
Name
David Mirfin
Daniel,
You didn't clean your grandmothers carpet in 24+ years :?: :oops: :oops:

Able 1

Name
Keith
All depending, if they are lower end apts... Nah, really they won't need you anymore since they will be replacing after every tenant. !gotcha! I bought a remnant from a custy that was 2 years old and by their back door and it was wearing horrible, and took it to the PM. We have both concluded that they will just have to be replaced after every tenant. I think I'm going to try that Pros choice stuff and if it works as advertized that might save some of them. Even at 16.00 per quart if it made the unit acceptable I could up sell it, but we'll see.

juniorc82

Supportive Member
Name
Jon Coret
danielc said:
The carpet installer is putting Smart Strand in every unit that needs carpet replaced.

So is it good or bad?

And yes they most def would spend 30 dollars a yard for carpet and have it protected if it would last 15 years as opposed to 4 or 5.

I apply protectant to every unit that has nylon in decent shape that clean up good which is a good chunk. No protector on poly.
Dan , IMO I dont think many landlords would spend that on a rental. I think the chances would be marginal at best to get 15 yearsout of rental carpet. Im sure in theory and on an occasion it could and does last that long but I dont think many landlords are not willing to throw the dice and go all out for a renter when renters are notorious for trashing everything in every way possible.

Back
Top Bottom