What's the most effective way to apply odorcide??

hanks75

I cleaned a carpet and the next day the house had an unbelievable odor, wasn't urine either. Carpet was dry in 6-8 hours too. Obviously I woke somethin up, but don't know what. I heard odorcide could be the cure, but i'm confused on the best way to use it.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Mix it up 6-8oz per gallon of water in a pump sprayer and spray the floor at 1 gallon per 400 sq ft and rake it in.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Odorcide has a pretty good stink of its own. Not something I would apply in an occupied house unless I was dealing with cat odor or something similar. I think it needs to be rinsed after application in most instances.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
It smells like Baby Powder. I haven't had anyone tell me it stinks well except you now. Are you sure we are talking about the same odorcide?

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
John- I think the scent is a little stronger than baby powder. Maybe others will offer their opinion about applying it in a room in any quantity. The smell seems to hang around. I don't use it very often for that reason.

In general, if there is an odor present that wasn't there previous to cleaning, I would say there is still moisture present in some form.

John Olson

Name
John Olson
I would agree he needs to find the source I was just answering how to use the odorcide :)

sweendogg

Name
David Sweeney
Odorcide does have a strong frangance on its own.. but I have yet to have a customer complain about it compared to what we are trying to solve. (and I have no complaints unless I get a whiff straight from the bottle.. it kinda of tingles! !)

Doug man you stop snorting the top of the fresh bottle! Just admit it, it never makes it out to the job does it! :mrgreen:

Chavez on Sweendogg's Computer!

Name
Shawn Forsythe
If one finds the odor of Odorcide objectionable, i would suggest that you look at Hydrocide as an alternative.

Both products are quite similar in the manner in which they are used and the effectiveness matrix is almost identical. Hydrocide is preferred by some, because it almost has no scent.

In fact, the guidance I give to users is that they decide on the fragrances of the two to distinguish which one to choose for any particular job.

In some cases, the customer/owner of the affected textile (carpet) will want the odor of the chemical used for deodorization as evidence of use. While others prefer the absence of all odor (good and bad) as evidence enough.

Both products are excellent at really nasty pet odors, ranging from skunk spray to cat urine. But they are also great for the unknown funk odors like described in this thread.

I almost forgot.... There is also new HYDROCIDE Xtreme, with a new fragrance additive. More on that later, when i get to do some comparison testing.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom