Whats the scoop with Mytee rotary

Askal

RIP
Name
Al
Any final word on this unit? I want to know about water recovery and dry times compared to the RX.
Thanks al

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
My avg dry time wi is 1.5 hrs to2 hrs running it at 350 /400 psi with 6 02 jets. I really enjoy using the T - Rex the cleaning results have been great .i sent you a pm with me cell number feel free to call me about it Great machine well worth the money

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
put your damned number out here so we can ALLLLLLL call you...

Mikey P

Administrator
I could make a up the skirt comment but you or Labarberre would cry.

Im really looking forward to playing with ALL the new and improved Rotary Jet Extractors next week.

The HOSS700 has been given some serious upgrades over the unit I own.
The new 360XL looks to be a lightweight powerhouse

and the final version of the TREX I've heard so much about

I also hope Hydramaster sends a tall boy version of the RX20 so I can actually use it.

Mikey P

Administrator
"lots" or just that one loudmouth on *** and Cu?

I just have to wonder why Mytee didn't want me to test drive one when SS and RV sent or will be sending a unit down ASAP..

am I too critical?
do I expect too much?
am I not the average cleaner who wants tools to perform as stated?
am I controlled by the devil?

or..

Willy P

Name
Willy P
"lots" or just that one loudmouth on *** and Cu?

I just have to wonder why Mytee didn't want me to test drive one when SS and RV sent or will be sending a unit down ASAP..

am I too critical?
do I expect too much?
am I not the average cleaner who wants tools to perform as stated?
am I controlled by the devil?

or..

I hear sour grapes make for a dry whine.

pick-me-01_zps79ba39f8.jpg

Mikey P

Administrator
I have made a few more observations about the T Rex. First of all, the spray jets run very close to the carpet so they get pelted and covered with debris and clog fairly often. The RV360i and Hoss have a similar problem and the Hoss is a nightmare to clean. The RX20 jets are a bit higher so they do not clog as often. The T Rex is only going to outperform the other rotaries IF THE 6 JETS ARE CLEAN and it is operating at 100%. If you notice that it is cleaning at about the same pace as an RV360i, you can bet that some of those jets are clogged. It should be checked every day because you want this machine to be running on all cylinders. There isn't any fix for this characteristic; it is inherent in the design so T Rex owners will have to get used to it. The machine is the best rotary on the market by a huge margin. Now, you can wait and see all the details of why in my shootout but as most of you know, I don't play games with people so I am telling you right now, there is a blowout on the way. Now, the RDM is also a stunning performer but only when it is heavily modified and even so, it does not clean as quickly as the T Rex. 6 heads clean faster than 3 especially with adjustable speed.

Another area that is as close to perfect as possible is the degree of agitation that this machine provides. It is PERFECT! Not too much and not too little. It agitates just enough to break stains, soil and dirt off of the carpet fibers but does not shred the hell out of the carpet like the WarHoss does. Sorry folks but even the beloved RX20 cannot compete with the Rex.

With all 6 heads running correctly, this monster is an absolute blast to use. I kid you not, you can easily shave 30-60 minutes off of each job that consists of 7 rooms or more. The handle height adjustment is fast and easy and delightful. It cleans better and faster than all the other rotaries and it has the best appearance. Customers are in awe of it and they should be.

Now I know why John Labarbera is so proud of this machine. It impresses me more every day that I use it and I have to thank him and his Mytee brethren for making my work easier and more profitable via the Escape and T Rex. What a blast I am having using this equipment.

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The loudmouf sounds very happy with his..[/FONT]

[FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]30 to 60 minute off [/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]wand[/FONT][FONT=Trebuchet MS, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] or another rotary extractor? sounds like an overly dramatic number to me either way. RE's are slower than a shampoo and wanding so I'll rule out that comparison no matter how well the Trex works in one pass, you still need to wand edges and deal with the extra electric cord

RE's make you a better cleaner, not a faster cleaner, in any setting I can think of.
[/FONT]

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
ok ill go back to reading the rest in a minute...

BUT

HOW IN THE F do your jets that are

A. running most of the time anyway
B. have pressure PUSHING shit away....

get clogged from OUTSIDE sources????

okk ill read on?

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
either way i am excited to try them out....

BUT

moving them around on a piece of carpet or even a few minutes inside a nasty hotel...(think San Diego and that poor bastard janitor moving that wand)

does not mean it works for you in your setting....

I wish Distys would or could figure out a way to have loaners for a week or so....even if they charged a little to cover for damage...say rental with not that steep of mark up...

then you could try it out for your self

floorguy

Supportive Member
Name
Doug
6 did you not read???

The T Rex is only going to outperform the other rotaries IF THE 6 JETS ARE CLEAN and it is operating at 100%.

shheeshhhh

no wonder you say there is a problem with peoples marketing stuff....

you cant make it to the 2nd sentence...

Royal Man

Name
Dave Yoakum
So, For a porty with a demand pump.(Like a pumptech) You'd have to go with .01 or .75 jets to keep the backpressure to a decent PSI. They can't come close to handling a .12 flow.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
So, For a porty with a demand pump.(Like a pumptech) You'd have to go with .01 or .75 jets to keep the backpressure to a decent PSI. They can't come close to handling a .12 flow.
You can remove jets too ..bring it down to 3 or 4 jets

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
ok ill go back to reading the rest in a minute...

BUT

HOW IN THE F do your jets that are

A. running most of the time anyway
B. have pressure PUSHING shit away....

get clogged from OUTSIDE sources????

okk ill read on?

That's what I was wondering as I was reading that..that person has either no idea what he is talking about or was writing down his thoughts that came out wrong.

Your jets clog from inside not outside. It doesn't matter how close they are to the carpet. Keep your system clean and free of scale and use an inline filter and you never have a clogged jet.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
The loudmouf sounds very happy with his..

30 to 60 minute off wand or another rotary extractor? sounds like an overly dramatic number to me either way. RE's are slower than a shampoo and wanding so I'll rule out that comparison no matter how well the Trex works in one pass, you still need to wand edges and deal with the extra electric cord

RE's make you a better cleaner, not a faster cleaner, in any setting I can think of.
[/QUOTE

i don't know about saving 30 or 40 mins on a job ..but I will say it will clean the living crap out of a carpet. .
Ck,ing and cleaning the jets before each job takes all of about 5 mins. ...that's a lot of down time ain't it
i have had a total of 7 jets in mine for very bad pee damage carpets , and it works fantastic for flushing . I also have mine set up a bit different to the way they come from the store. . I,ll bring the head from mine next week .

You can set up the T-Rex to suit the way you clean . Or the way you believe it does the best cleaning

20oz or 100 oz carpet. Porty or vortex.

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Im temped to trade your hoss for me Trex for the next few days , but if I do I ain't doing myself any favors. So you would have to come up to my place to get it

The Great Oz

Name
bryan
Your jets clog from inside not outside. It doesn't matter how close they are to the carpet. Keep your system clean and free of scale and use an inline filter
link1.gif
and you never have a clogged jet.
A standard tee or vee jet that drags through the nap could get fiber crammed into it on a dry pass, or even build up a ball of lint that would interfere with the spray. If the jet in Larry's picture is angled in the direction of spin I can see this being more of a possibility. Jets shouldn't touch carpet though, so there must be some adjustment that would keep that from happening.

Mikey P

Administrator
Im temped to trade your hoss for me Trex for the next few days , but if I do I ain't doing myself any favors. So you would have to come up to my place to get it

Ill be going to San Jose on Sunday to pick up my bike, if you want to meet up.

or I have an extra 360i you can buy off me for a song, seeing how you were my bitch a few week ends ago...

Last edited:

cu

Supportive Member
Name
Cu
Ill be going to San Jose on Sunday to pick up my bike, if you want to meet up.

or I have an extra 360i you can buy off me for a song, seeing how you were my bitch a few week ends ago...

What song you want me to sing....never mind I have made my plans for new equipment this year . It only has Judson and Mytee in it
As for being your bitch...I've done a lot of work for the disabled in my lifetime . No one has been so rude as to call me bitch...Fooker yep but never bitch

Willy P

Name
Willy P
can you even use a REX with that shop vac system of your Willy?

I know the Rotovac was a bust. 450 PSI turned into 60 to 70 keyed. None of the single piston pumps have the ability to keep up with the flow so no impact. My Gekko drops to 60. Lesson learned, but I know Mytee John's General pump would keep it humming.

Reactions: John LaBarbera

John Olson

Name
John Olson
either way i am excited to try them out....

BUT

moving them around on a piece of carpet or even a few minutes inside a nasty hotel...(think San Diego and that poor bastard janitor moving that wand)

does not mean it works for you in your setting....

I wish Distys would or could figure out a way to have loaners for a week or so....even if they charged a little to cover for damage...say rental with not that steep of mark up...

then you could try it out for your self

Call the person you buy all your chemicals from and ask them to send you one to run for a week. I have one that is out being used by my customers right now....

bluevictory

Name
alan
saw the trex in action at mikey9.
likes: adjust the handle height without bending over, stainless glide shoes that are designed like a glide to improve velocity airflow while on carpet. 2" all the way to the carpet to improve airmovement.
dislikes: hard to adjust jets, at the shootout i watched it slinging water out 12" in all directions from the working head . which will inevitabley hit walls entertainment centers and anything else a foot away from the head.

http://www.acdccleaning.com/SERVICES.html
https://twitter.com/ACDC_Cleaning
https://www.facebook.com/ACDCCleaning/info
http://acdccleaningandrestoration.blogspot.com/
[video=youtube;jDNsexkPJlI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDNsexkPJlI[/video]

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom