Whats the worse injury you've ever gone to work with?

FredC

Village Idiot
I really can't think of anything that bad

A few stitched up places and a badly sprained ankle.

I fell with a 10ft ladder while taking moisture readings in a McMansion. That had me in a lot of pain for a week or two. Still have a weird divot in my leg from that.

Jacked up my back once doing something epic (turning to look behind me) and couldn't pick my head up off my shoulder for a few days. Looked crazy af and hurt bad.

Not an injury but was almost in tears my feet hurt so bad trying to finish up a huge sewage loss over a weekend so everything counted as after hours (20% comm split).

Was cleaning carpet two days after vasectomy. Does that count?

Started working in recovery after they slit my throat but that wasn't physical so...........

Cleanworks

Name
Ron Marriott
Tore my ACL once. Taught me not to do the twist wearing running shoes. Next day I had a job I had already rescheduled once, didn't want to do it again to her. I get there and she has a steep broken concrete driveway and 3 staircases. Took over 6 months to heal properly. Still have a wonky shoulder . Slowly getting better.

Jim Pemberton

MB Exclusive.
Name
Jim Pemberton
Since I don't work for a living, none of my post surgical work habits count.

But one of my repair technicians pulled his own tooth out with vice grips during the work day, then worked the rest of the day.

No, I didn't know until the end of the day when I questioned all the blood in the bathroom.

Hack Attack

Name
Dan
torn calf muscle and had already used up all holidays and sick days, that was a slooow painful 3 weeks

prolapsed disc in lower back and I would randomly fall over if I didnt watch where my left leg was going as it didnt have much feeling for about 6 months
Its self fused now so no pain but it took 15 years of niggles to collapse to that point

Zee

Supportive Member
Name
I don't want to one up all you cripples.... So instead I'll say: I went to a job perfectly healthy.
And went home completely dead after dealing with the customer and his guts all over the floor along with an artery sliced.

Reactions: Mikey P

Hoody

Supportive Member
Name
Steven Hoodlebrink
There are only 2 I can think of.

1) Back when I was 18 and only cleaning carpet on the weekends I was working at a pig slaughtering plant 7-3 through the week. A guy at work left his meat hook on the ground behind me while I was packing boxes. I stepped back and it went through my boot and a good way into my foot. That one hurt pulling it out. Took my boot and sock off afterward and washed out the hole and threw some iodine on it and went back to work. Reported it to supervisor he never made a report about it. Went home went to bed and woke up feeling horrible, called the boss/owner. He was super pissed at the supervisor for not having me go to the hospital or filing the report. The owner is my grandparents neighbor, in fact my dad worked for his dad at the same place when my dad was 18 or so. The owner also coached me and my younger cousin in hockey when we were younger. He told me to get to the hospital now and he'd take care of everything. I just left it at that and didn't pursue it further and I knew he didn't want a workman's comp claim. Ended up getting a staph infection and missing a few days work. Worked there for about 6 months more until I got offered a position full time cleaning carpet.

2) Was in a car wreck with an ex-gf. I stayed at her house, woke up for work and my car wouldn't start. So she drove me to my truck at my house. We hit some ice and wrecked my head ended up busting the passenger window out, she had some whiplash. We both didn't go get checked out, we both really should have. Later learned that I really should have. Only took that day off. Went back to work was driving and just started feeling funny. Before I knew it I was pulling over because I was feeling numb and just not right at all, felt like I couldn't move. Called my boss and he came and got me and had someone else come get the van and took me to the hospital.

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
30+ years ago I was stripping a floor and slipped and fell. I landed on my shoulder. I hit the floor so hard that my shoulder was bleeding from the impact. My shoulder wasn’t cut - it was just bleeding from slamming the floor. That shoulder still causes me problems to this day.

clean image

Name
Carl Maddock
Going back to work, out of town, 3 days after an appendectomy that one of incisions was infected. Yea, it popped from all the bending over doing 38 crack tile repair on trav

Late 80s, doing a carpet repair, the double edge razor, I sliced the tip of my thumb off- I bled- I wrapped in toilet paper. A lot of toilet paper. Finish the repair. Did not bleed one in that white carpet. Not sure what you call it, but my body tried to accept the toilet paper as my thumb- had to hit up a dr.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
Pulled hamstring (twice)
first one was bad
second one not near as debilitating but still hurt like a mutha

6 weeks after a smashed pelvis was put back together with plates and screws I was hobbling on the job in big pain for appx 4 months and wasn't pain free for over a year

..L.T.A.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
Cleaning a warehouse when a 55 gallon drum of acetone broke loose and began spilling its contents over my legs and feet. Filled my boots. Ended up with chemical burns and no skin on my feet and the bottom couple of inches of my legs.

Treated and bandaged and told not to put my feet on the floor for two weeks. On day 4, an employee called in sick and could not do a janitorial job. Used a broom for a crutch and cleaned offices for 3 hours and then back to the bed.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom