Whats the worse injury you've ever gone to work with?

FredC

Village Idiot
I think in a roundabout way Marty just called you a wussy..............

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
Pulled my groin muscle left leg last year from using an abductor machine It’s a long recovery that still hurts when walking. Hard to bend the leg as freely.
Pain in the ass dealing with it.

Reactions: Mikey P

icleancarpetz

Name
Rafael Samson
One of our MB brothers is working with a chemo drip taped to his shoulder. When I'm feeling whiney, I think of him.

Years ago a landscaper dude came knocking on our door looking for work while his young daughter sat in his car. I brushed him off a couple of times he came knocking. He was persistent looking for work each week. Finally allowed him to do yard work. The dude was a hard worker and did excellent work. He came back each year for the next two years. Got to know him a bit.

About the third year I callled him for yard work and his partner answered. His partner told me he had passed away in Mexico trying to get bring back another daughter he had, back to the US. It wasn’t until then that I learned the dude had bad kidneys and had a bag attached to his side of his body the whole time worked landscaping. He never made it known. It blow me away then and each time I think about him.
Til this day I reflect back on this guy and his will to survive without complaining. Amazingling inspirational.
Thanks for reminding Johnny.

GeeeAus

Supportive Member
Name
Grant Baverstock
This one time I was 16 hours away from flying out to the United States to participate in a project charity even / trade / network event.

I live out in the sticks (boon docks) so I had to spend the night in Adelaide before flying international the next morning.

I arrive, go to a mates place and he says "let's go ride quads on my parent's dairy".

I smashed my left foot to pieces. Hurt like shit. We rode bikes for another 3 hours. Back at his place its swelling up like the Goodyear blimp. So he drives me an hour to hospital. They X ray it. It's fooked. Nobody can set it that late. So they use a compression bandage. I say "I'm flying to the States tomorrow at 5:00 AM. "Should be OK" he says, and this doctor looks maybe 19.

So I hobble out, no crutches. Get home. Lying in bed thinking.... "shit, airports are HUGE I have to get from one gate to another. This is going to be hell. Maybe this isn't workable?" But my the team and sponsor are counting on me, so I just kind of get myself to "Well I am obligated now, tough shit just get on".

Next morning I get my shit together. Get to the Adelaide airport, and there are wheelchairs.....! Yes....!

At check in they as why my foot is bandaged and I'm in a wheelchair? I explain I broke my foot last night, I've seen a doctor. Nobody can set it. Doc says the bandage is OK". They aren't quite convinced so their nurse has a look. She says OK.

Hit the States, everybody has quickly pulled together a wheelchair for me. event goes off great, I get upholstery duty. Suits me, all microfibre, nuked the shit out of it. Rinsed with a HOT ShearDry, the boss says "great job", always good when the client is happy. Even copped a feel when they sat in my lap at dinner. I feel relieved.

Then I go off to meet the sponsor. Same again, everybody has shit sorted. I'm spoiled fookin rooten... Out for drinks, out for pizza. I get to play with new toys. Soo cool. Sponsor invites me to be an agent and to test new hardware..... WIN...!

Feeling pretty darn pleased with myself now. Just lying in the hotel room and in dawns on me.

"How are you going to earn money when you get home....?"

Well I get home from the states and I take it easy for a week. Feet up. By the end of that week it's been about three weeks since the break. I can carefully support my weight with the busted foot. Jobs are coming in its warm season people want shit done.

I get a puppy pad and warp my busted foot in that to make my bandage waterproof and go to work with the porty and cab with crutches. Sucks but you get it done. Thank goodness the 360i doesn't need to do a great deal but slowly shuffle side to side which I could manage. And obviously I could still do upholstery too.

Four weeks later I can put a shoe on, walk, run etc. All good. No cast.

Mikey P

Administrator
By Fn crickey...

Can you imagine coming home to see that your wife hired a crippled albino who hired a cab to deliver his fooking portable so that he can clean your carpet with his nose one inch from the ground?

Even the Cohen Brothers cant make this shit up....

Well done mate, you're a god damned superhero!

But a dick for not coming around here as often as you should.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom