What's up with FloJet Pumps?

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Had to take my PC 650hp in have the FloJet pump looked at. It had been leaking for a couple days then quit altogether. Last week they replaced it under warranty and on a big job today the new one quit working after only one week! No leaks or no signs of a premature failure. My V didn't have one of these pumps and I must say it's being quite the PITA.

bensurdi

Name
Benjamin Surdi
Funny you say that. I had to deal with the same problem recently. Our pump quit on us at a job and created quite a challenge! Brought it in and they replaced it - then BOOM, same problem. They said it was the fuse. This was on our ThermalWave

John Olson

Name
John Olson
Had to take my PC 650hp in have the FloJet pump looked at. It had been leaking for a couple days then quit altogether. Last week they replaced it under warranty and on a big job today the new one quit working after only one week! No leaks or no signs of a premature failure. My V didn't have one of these pumps and I must say it's being quite the PITA.

Your talking the transfer pump right? Not sure they have been a bugger why we use the mytee http://www.superiorcleaningsolutions.com/servlet/the-1339/Mytee-Truck-Mount-Transfer/Detail or the shurflo http://www.superiorcleaningsolution...5/CARPET-CLEANING-EQUIPMENT-TRUCKMOUNT/Detail

Chris A

Name
Chris
Longevity on those pumps have been all over the place for me, some as long as 2 years, some 2 months...

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Does anyone have parts on hand to deal with these situations? Good God, a pump costs 1-200 bucks and you can't have an extra on hand?

Chris A

Name
Chris
I usually have an extra, but its such a pain in the ass to crawl back there, I usally just hook direct the rest of the day.

BLewis

Supportive Member
Name
Billy Lewis
Yeah, usually I carry enough spare everything to finish the job or day. However this pump thing is new to me do I'll have to learn. We did finish that job and 2 others and headed to a job now

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom