What's your best Red Wine remover?

Ron Werner

Name
Ron Werner
I've tried a few products on Red Wine, varied results.
I've tried an OxySpray from Zep, worked some times
Used O2, worked great on red wine where a whole "bottle" broke, you know the ones that are about 5 gallons that they make the wine in. Used O2 on another spill and got average results.

jcooper

Name
Jerry Cooper
hydrogen peroxide does a great job on red wine.

RThode

Name
Rick Thode
Stain One and Stain Zone have worked exceptionally well for us. Went to help a buddy out a couple weeks ago at a large centre. We moved a chair and there was vomit there that hadn't been cleaned up. We extracted but there was a serious red stain that never cleaned out. I thought cause it was bile, that it wouldn't come, but I place some Stain Zone on it when I was done and a half hour later when I came back, it was gone.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
I sprayed stain zone on a spot where wine was spilled and splatters....Turned to light purple, yelllow and then gone...All within a few seconds.

Blast has peroxide in it and whenever I hit wine, urine, some coffee, blood etc (it's a cleaner AND stain remover).....It just comes right out. Awesome stuff because it also encaps and leaves no sticky residue.

Which means the spots don't come back.....I don't care what some crazy guy says 2 months later. 8)

As the carpet is drying....any stains that wouldn't "come out" will usually be gone when it dries.

The peroxide really does it's work in the final drying stages...Just as it's almost completely dry is when it does it's magic.

Doug Cox

Supportive Member
Name
Doug Cox
Prochems Tannin stain remover. As long as you get it fresh the red disappears when product is applied.

SRI Cleaning

Name
Anthony Firmani
Yeah stain magic or peroxide. I have heard that some cheap wines have a synthetic dye in them which I guess would require a red remover.

Captain Morgan

Supportive Member
Name
Bill Morgan
Jondon has a product called Proxi for wine, juice, pet stains, blood, any organic stain. Spray and go stuff. It does appear to be a little foamy compared to Pros Choice as Daniel noted in my thread on this product.. A cleaner I know swears by it. He bought a case of the stuff and he gave me a bottle to try but I haven't had a chance to try it yet.

If you don't have a bottle of hydrogen peroxide on the truck I guess this could work in a pinch.

video demonstration from Jondon
http://www.jondon.com/catalog/product_i ... 6b98701911

Larry Cobb

Name
Larry Cobb
SRI Cleaning said:
Yeah . . peroxide. I have heard that some cheap wines have a synthetic dye in them which I guess would require a red remover.

We would use our DC Brightener (40 volume oxidizer) . . .

and then after rinsing,

Dynachem Dye Stain Remover for any added dye.

Larry

glenboy

Name
GLEN
i used 20 vol peroxide on a old cork drip that was there for a while it was sticky and thick (wine) poured it in and cleaned it out completely, I also used the same 20 vol on residue from 3 lbs of cooked spinach that flipped all over a white carpet and it all came out.

tmdry

Name
Bill Martins
Padden McFadden said:
Red vanish has killed every wine stain I used it on, normaly vanishes in about 10 seconds.

Ditto

encapman

Name
Rick Gelinas
Here are a couple of Releasit products that work great on red wine... Encap-Spot and Encap-HydrOx

Shortly after we moved into a new condo, my wife was walking through the kitchen with her gym bag hanging over her shoulder. The bag knocked a bottle of red wine from the wine rack. It broke on the ceramic tile and soaked into the adjoining carpet of the dining room. She yelled and I came running. I didn't have an extractor at the condo, so I grabbed a roll of Bounty paper towels and a quart of Encap-Spot and began to douse and blot. I used a half a roll of paper towels and several ounces of Encap-Spot. In a few minutes 100% of the spot was removed. An entire bottle of red, and there wasn't even the faintest trace left in the carpet. And it was totally "rinse free" - no extractor was used.

Encap-Spot takes out recent red wine stains. Encap-HydrOx also works very well on stubborn red wine stains. Its hydrogen peroxide and acid based formula does a great job on wine, coffee, etc. And if the two products are used together (Encap-Spot & Encap-HydrOx) - it'll completely blow away any old red wine stain you come across.

J Scott W

Name
Jeffrey Scott Warrington
StainZone would be my first choice. If you needed to remove the stain and had no extractor, as Rick discusses, Encapuclean O2 includes peroxide and works very well on wine.

Back
Top Bottom