What's your NET income..read post before you submit answer

what's your net income

• Total voters

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni
this poll is for NET income from your biz .
Do not include income from other investments/interests ..just the NET income solely derived from your biz.
I'm sure we ALL claim every cash job too...
but just in case some don't, you can estimate that if you don't keep records of such transactions

IMPORTANT....no one knows who voted.... not any mods/admins, nor the IRS.
Polls are completely anonymous
So PLEASE vote and PLEASE be honest.

remember this is for NET income derived solely from your biz

Thanks

..L.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison
Re: What's your NET income..read post before you submit answ

Most of my businesses are under my corp veil. There is no such thing as Net.

Should I list my personal net pay??

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Brian R said:
Most of my businesses are under my corp veil. There is no such thing as Net.

I knew some mo-ron was going to make this more complicated than it really is..... :roll:

look dilweed, if it belongs to YOU at the end of the day, regardless of the biz structure, that's your "net" in regards to this poll

does that help, Mr Monkeybrain?? :lol:

..l.T.A.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Another question from another nimrod. Net means after all taxes to me but before tax avoidance strategies like an MSA, HSA, IRA, 401k, etc. Is this what you are asking Larry?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

Ken Snow said:
Another question from another nimrod. Net means after all taxes to me but before tax avoidance strategies like an MSA, HSA, IRA, 401k, etc. Is this what you are asking Larry?

don't over analyze it Ken ...how much you get to KEEP at the end of the day is fine with me.
I don't care how you count it, or what avoidance strategies to keep more...
just what "wholly" belongs to you is all

..l.T.A.

Ed

Name
Ed Prevost

Put your waders on boys and girls. Either the jokesters or the liars are out in force :shock:

Mike Draper

You forgot the option "my name is Ben Surdi" and I make more than all of you BDCC together.

Chris A

Name
Chris

Lol, its pretty sad when you have to bullshit yourself in an anonymous poll...

RickL

Larry interesting topic as I just looked at my 2011 profits I'll probably get called out for BS but thought I'd add an interesting (to me anyway) fact. I used to do Commercial and residential T&G,Colorsealing,CCing and stone. After doing some jobs where my helper wasn't able to work on the hottest summer days (most house here are 3 stories) and looking at my expenses, late 2010 I said screw it and decided to just handle my current commercial customers and went on a austerity program (quit spending on everything not absolutly necessary). Sold the Truck and TM, quit advertising, quit buying board "DE Jour" (I was real bad at this), bought a small trailor and another Cimex and gave my residential customers to another cleaner in exchange for helping me on my commercial accounts a couple days a month and when I need extraction he does it and I give him the revenue.
After looking at my net profit this year I exceeded previous years substantially because of the drastically reduced expenses and less exposure.
So I am happier, not killing myself, working on a schedule and a lot less and taking home more money.
My largest commercial account did increase business also but not that drastically. I not a CCing giant by any means and don't make anywhere near what most on the board, but do what I want.
ThoughtI'd throw that out there for thought.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow

Hey Rick- good for you for finding what works for you. As the poll is trying to show I think, it is about net, not gross. Gross is just bragging rights, but net can tell you a story if you look at everything in between and cut out the fat.

Only problem I have with the poll is that as you can see over 25% are unaccounted for cause they are just above 100k. This is like the cleanfax surveys and the one that Chris Connor did- no offnse Chris if you are reading it, when I think over 1/3 of the responses said "other" meaning that perhaps some of the potentially highest voting items didn't get addressed.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Cutting out overhead has been huge for my company as well.

Equipment, ads etc

Name
Lee Stockwell

Photocopy of Form 1040 Schedule C would be interesting...

Willy P

Name
Willy P

How much money do you have in the bank? How long is your wiener? How big are your wife's boobs? Along with the above question - NONE OF YOUR FU%KING BUSINESS.

Ken Snow

RIP
Name
Ken Snow
Re: Re: What's your NET income..read post before you submit

Willy P said:
How much money do you have in the bank? How long is your wiener? How big are your wife's boobs? Along with the above question - NONE OF YOUR FU%KING BUSINESS.
Lolol

Desk Jockey

Name
Rico Suave

How much money do you have in the bank?
Not as much as I would like.

How long is your wiener?
Not as much as I would like.

How big are your wife's boobs?
Big enough. :shock:

:mrgreen:

RickL

How much money do you have in the bank?
Millions
How long is your wiener?
Huge
How big are your wife's boobs?
Huge

I love responding to surveys! Will the resuts be posted in May's ICS Mag?

rwcarpet

Supportive Member
Name
Robert Hodge

I rank lower on the NET income, but I also don't clean 8 hours a day, 6 days a week. I do have a decent gross income, but with fixed expenses, and the deduction for my payroll, it put's my NET down lower.

This year will bring much higher results, because I no longer have a full time employee (my Son). He left to take a job in a steel proccessing plant. Now it will be my wife and/or Grandson helping out.

Dolly Llama

Number 5
Name
Larry Capitoni

RickL said:
Larry interesting topic as I just looked at my 2011 profits I'll probably get called out for BS but thought I'd add an interesting (to me anyway) fact. I used to do Commercial and residential T&G,Colorsealing,CCing and stone. After doing some jobs where my helper wasn't able to work on the hottest summer days (most house here are 3 stories) and looking at my expenses, late 2010 I said screw it and decided to just handle my current commercial customers and went on a austerity program (quit spending on everything not absolutly necessary). Sold the Truck and TM, quit advertising, quit buying board "DE Jour" (I was real bad at this), bought a small trailor and another Cimex and gave my residential customers to another cleaner in exchange for helping me on my commercial accounts a couple days a month and when I need extraction he does it and I give him the revenue.
After looking at my net profit this year I exceeded previous years substantially because of the drastically reduced expenses and less exposure.
So I am happier, not killing myself, working on a schedule and a lot less and taking home more money.
My largest commercial account did increase business also but not that drastically. I not a CCing giant by any means and don't make anywhere near what most on the board, but do what I want.
ThoughtI'd throw that out there for thought.

ain't a THING wrong with that, Rick
in reality, this poll had nothing to do with "who's d1ck is bigger"..
It's a poll, no one knows who or how anyone else voted unless they choose to do so by saying so

I haven't a clue who the hi-rOllers are ...and if they're really netting over a 100K, i hope they buy me lunch if they ever meet me ... :lol:

..l.T.A.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

I knew of a fishing supply company that had a pretty large net income.

:|

dday

I don't mind admitting that I am down toward the lower end of the above scale. During 2008, 2009, and 2010 my net barely registered positive. I do not know the final tally for 2011 yet but I suspect that when my accountant gives me the call that he has finished my returns that my net will have been stronger than it was during the previous three years. However, I will no doubt still be fairly low on that scale. I'm a lone wolf Owner/Operator who got his teeth kicked in during the recession, and if I could climb back up toward the 40-50K range I'd be happy. Maybe 2012 will see me get there.

I'd like to know how many of those claiming 100K net are single truck owner/operators versus multi-truck operators. A 100K net strikes me as a pretty tough nut for a single truck owner to crack.

Brian R

Name
Brian Robison

Storm Warning said:
How bout measuring Ego's, there are quite a few Ego High Rollers here. :mrgreen:

You ain't just whistlin dixie

TimP

Very lowest bracket, in terms of dollars, of the pole right here. Of course I gross a hell of a lot more than that, and work part time. But it just don't make it to my back pocket. Although this year is the first year where I don't have a truck payment, so maybe I'll be in the next bracket higher this year once I get into the busy season......it is just starting to pick up. I think I may of grossed 4-5,000 this last month, from what I can remember, and that's with going to school full time.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom